Labiaplasty Vaginal Plastic Surgery in Ahmedabad
One must keep in mind it is natural to have skin folds around the vaginal opening. Women decide to undergo a labiaplasty as they don’t like the look of their labia. Women in Ahmedabad take great care of their physique along with their health. In order to maintain a healthy lifestyle, they indulge themselves in various physical activities such as sports or yoga. While excessive stretching or gymming, the flaps on the skin on either side of the vaginal opening can become irregular in shape. So, labiaplasty surgery is done to reduce the size of these. Pristyn Care in Ahmedabad understands that it is difficult for women in Delhi to find an efficient surgeon who can provide these best procedures and simultaneously, take the utmost care of you. At Pristyn Care Ahmedabad clinics, all surgeries are performed with the latest technologies.
Advanced Labiaplasty Surgery in Ahmedabad
Labiaplasty surgery in Ahmedabad enables the patient to repair damage caused by lifestyle, disease, or childbirth. The enlarged size of the labia leads to discomfort during intercourse, sports activities and while wearing tight clothes or undergarments. Sometimes lumps can develop near the vaginal lips due to unhygienic conditions which can further complicate the situation. Labiaplasty surgery is recommended to women in Ahmedabad in such a situation. In this surgery, the extra tissue of the lips is removed using a scalpel and then these are stitched so that the labia is enriched.
Pristyn Care provides the best labiaplasty surgery in Ahmedabad. Our personalized coordinators understand the sensitivity of the problem and take great care while talking to women about the problem. We understand that this surgery requires precision as well as care. Our gynecologists are highly-experienced that ensure there is no discomfort faced by patients nor there are any post-surgery complications.
How to prepare for Labiaplasty
A few things to follow before labiaplasty surgery are:
- Choose the right doctor. While cosmetic vaginal surgeries can be done by both- gynecologists and plastic surgeons, it is best if you do a thorough read on your health, discomfort, needs, and expectations. Based on the same, choose a doctor that best suits your needs. Typically, an Ob-gynecologist trained in cosmetic gynecology is the safest choice
- Discuss your current health, medication, vitamin, and supplements thoroughly with your doctor. In case you are on blood thinners, your doctor would ask you to stop taking them a few days before surgery. They are known to increase the risk of excessive bleeding.
- Doctors advise abstaining from sex for a month before the procedure.
- Avoid eating or drinking anything post-midnight before the surgery. It helps avoid any complications related to anesthesia.
- Take enough rest before the surgery so that the body is fully prepared for the procedure. Get at least 9 hours of sleep.
- Do not shave the surgical site yourself. A simple cut could risk unwanted infection and septic.
What are the possible risks/ side effects of Labiaplasty?
Risks or side effects are extremely rare with advancements in medical sciences. In fact, LASER labiaplasty reduces the risk of complications to less than 5%.
However, as with any surgery, your body takes some time to heal itself. Some of the possible side effects during this time include-
- Mild bleeding
- Temporary numbness
- Chronic dryness
- Decreased sensitivity around the vulva
- Mild discomfort during sexual intercourse in the initial days of the recovery
All these side effects and risks are easily manageable with the post-operative instructions prescribed by the doctor. However, if the itching, swelling or bleeding persists even after a week, please consult your gynecologist immediately. It could be a sign of a yeast or bacterial infection. It could also be an allergic reaction to a medication. In such a case, you would need added medications.
How to recover after Labiaplasty?
- Doctors advise the following tips to quickly recover after labiaplasty:
- Take complete bed rest for the first 24 hours.
- If the site itches, swells, or pains, use ice packs to relieve the discomfort.
- As you recover, do not wipe, only gently pat dry. Keep the surgical site free of moisture and dirt.
- Start gentle walking after one day of operation. It would help with blood circulation.
- For the first 24 hours, the patient is advised to complete bed rest.
- Wear only loose-fitting cotton fabric clothes to ensure that the vaginal area is breathable, ensuring no germs are collected.
- Do not use perfumed lotions, deodorants, soaps, or vaginal washes before six weeks from the surgery. Use only clear water and make sure you keep the vagina clean and moisture-free.
- Do not use tampons or menstrual cups until your vagina completely heals from the surgery (typically 5-6 weeks). Instead, use soft sanitary pads during menstruation. Drink a lot of water. Keep yourself hydrated. It would help you heal.
- Eat meals with high fiber content. It will help make your bowel movements easier.
- Do not swim/ lift heavy weights/ physically exert yourself before complete clearance from your gynecologist.
- Resume sexual activities only after getting confirmation from the doctor that it is entirely safe.