Why Fistula Treatment is necessary?
Having anal fistula can be very problematic for a person. Not only does he/she have to bear the excruciating pain, but also have to deal with the regular drainage or pus. Leaving fistula untreated can cause complications, such as:
- Fistula drainage or abscess- The infected tract will store fecal contents and mix with blood that will cause a foul-smelling fluid to drain from the fistula. The untreated fistula may result in another abscess formation and the fistula branches will develop making the problem more serious.
- Sepsis- If not treated on time, fistula can lead to sepsis which is a life-threatening illness. The uncontrolled bacterial infection from the anal fistula may spread throughout the body and exhibit symptoms like fever, rashes, confusion, disorientation, rapid breathing, and abnormal heart rate.
- Perforation- The infection in the anal region may spread to the colon or intestinal wall and result in trauma. The weakened part of the colon or intestinal wall gets ruptured due to this and causes perforation allowing intestinal material to leak into the abdominal cavity spreading the infection.
- Peritonitis- It is an infectious and life-threatening condition where the membrane lining of abdominal wall gets inflamed due to bacterial infection present in the anal canal. It can also lead to shock, organ failure, and eventually death.
To prevent this from happening, it is crucial that you receive treatment for anal fistula without any delay. Contact a nearby Pristyn Care clinic and get diagnosed if you have symptoms like anorectal pain, fever, constipation, painful bowel movements, foul-smelling discharge, or rectal bleeding. Do not ignore these signs and consult with a professional medical expert in Ahmedabad as soon as possible.
Get Laser Fistula Treatment in Ahmedabad with Pristyn Care
Anal fistula occurs in people who fail to manage an active lifestyle due to some reasons and has a history of anal abscess. When the abscess doesn’t get treated properly, it transforms into a fistula. However, it is also possible that a person can have fistula without an abscess. It causes redness, swelling, and severe pain in the anal region and the disease can’t be resolved without a surgery.
If you have anal fistula, you must understand that surgery is the only plausible treatment for them. You can contact Pristyn Care and consult with our expert proctologists to get proper treatment. We utilize the advanced laser technology for treatment of anorectal diseases, including anal fistula. It is a high-precision technique that gives surgeons better control over the procedure increasing the chances of success.
Laser fistula treatment is becoming a prevalent method due to the numerous advantages it has, such as:
- Non-invasive procedure with no cuts or wounds
- No frequent visits to the doctor for followup as it cures fistula permanently
- Minimal restrictions on diet and physical activities
- Painless procedure and no need for pain relievers after surgery
- Minimal risks, bleeding, and chances of infection
- Takes nearly 60-90 minutes and allows faster recovery
- Preserve anal sphincter to prevent side effects like incontinence
The laser surgery for fistula at Pristyn Care is done on an outpatient basis. It means you can go home after the surgery within 24 hours. At Pristyn Care, you can rely on the expertise of our doctors and trust them to treat you carefully.
Highly Experienced Doctors at Pristyn Care for Fistula Treatment in Ahmedabad
Pristyn Care has a very professional and dedicated team of doctors who have years of experience in performing laser-assisted surgery for the treatment of anal fistula. Our surgeons are the master of their domain and assure that the patients know that we are following all protocols and guidelines to provide them optimal care. You can discuss your problems without any hesitation and they will ensure that you feel comfortable. Our doctors are skilled to use the latest USFDA approved diagnostic tools and surgical equipment for maximum safety of the patients.
Our expert surgeons work closely with the rest of the medical and non-medical staff to provide utmost care and deliver the best surgical experience to the patients. Our surgeons pay attention to the specific needs of every patient and fulfill their duties with great zeal. So, if you are seeking fistula treatment in Ahmedabad, rely on Pristyn Care and our courteous surgeons for a safe and hassle-free treatment journey.
Why choose Pristyn Care for Anal Fistula Treatment in Ahmedabad?
Pristyn Care is a multi-speciality daycare service provider whose foremost priority are the people who reach out to us for superior quality treatment. Our surgeons thoroughly diagnose the patients to ensure that they don’t miss out any tiny detail that can jeopardize your health. Here are some reasons why you should choose to undergo laser fistula treatment in Ahmedabad with Pristyn Care:
- We have an in-house team of expert proctologists who are certified and experienced in performing the non-invasive laser surgery for fistula without any risks or complications.
- Pristyn Care employs the modern and advanced medical equipment and tools approved by USFDA for fistula surgery.
- A dedicated Care-buddy is assigned to each patient who will take care of your needs at the hospitals, including hospital admission/discharge formalities.
- We provide pick up and drop service for the patients on the day of surgery so that they don’t have to worry about transportation.
- Pristyn Care offers financing options such as cashless payment and zero-cost EMI to make the treatment affordable for the patients.
- We also provide free follow ups after surgery so that patients can clear their doubts and concerns during the recovery period.
Pristyn Care offers the advanced laser treatment for anal fistula at a reasonable cost. Moreover, you will get additional benefits like discounts on diagnostic tests and free deluxe bedrooms in the hospital to further reduce your expense. Make the smart decision to get early treatment and undergo laser surgery for fistula in Ahmedabad under Pristyn Care. Book an appointment online or give us a call and we will schedule a consultation with one of our best doctors.
Rceovery and after care of anal fistula
In most cases, anal fistula surguical sites heal within 5-6 weeks time. The recovery in case of anal fistula is not very complicated if the person follows the advices and recovery tips shared by the anorectal surgeon. You can follow the self-care tips after anal fistula surgery for a seamless recovery:
- Keep the surgical wound clean. Wash the area, pat it dry several times a day. Do not let discharge accumulate in the area.
- If the area pains, consult with a doctor and take medicines. Do not touch the skin. You can also take over-the-counter pills such as painkillers and ibuprofen.
- Change the dressing of the wound at regular intervals. In case there is pus discharge from the site, be extremely gentle while changing teh dressing.
- Indulge in light physical activities. Don’t go sedentary. Gentle exercises will help the wound heal faster.
- Do not indulge in anal sex until the surgical site is completely healed.
What is the recovery timeline after laser surgery for anal fistula?
The recovery timeline after anal fistula laser surgery is not the same for every patient. Most patients recover within 2-3 months but the complete recovery may take anywhere between 1 month to 45 days.
Recovery after 1 month of anal fistula laser surgery
The patient needs to follow the recovery tips and recommendations by the doctor for at least one month after the laser surgery for anal fistula. It is advisable that the patient refrains from doing anything that puts strain on the surgical site. The patient should not eat anything too oily and spicy and consume only fiber-rich food. Diet is a very significant factor that determines the recovery after surgical treatment. The patient should take sitz baths at least 2-3 times a day to keep the surgical area free of any infection and take regular sitz baths.
Recovery after 2 months of laser surgery for anal fistula
After 2 months, the pain from the surgical site will subside. The patient would experience much relief from the pain in and around the wound. But the scars might take some more time to disappear. The patient might get back to normal work life without any major complications and also resume normal dietary habits.
Recovery after 3 months of surgery for anal fistula
After 3 months, the patient would be free from all post-surgery discomfort. There would be no scars at the surgical site and the wound would be healed completely too.