Fastest recovery with Laser treatment of Anal fistula in Vadodara
Pristyn Care is on the journey to provide the best possible care for Anal Fistula patients in Vadodara with cutting edge technological devices. Our doctors are committed to delivering the best in class laser treatment for Anal Fistula. The most important fact for residents of Vadodara is that the surgery is safe, reliable and a permanent solution for Anal Fistula. So, it’s necessary to find fistula treatment in Vadodara, Pristyn Care is located in the heart of the city. If you are experiencing the symptoms of Anal Fistula, experience a hassle-free healthcare experience.
Recovery and after care of anal fistula
In most cases, anal fistula surgical sites heal within 5-6 weeks time. The recovery in case of anal fistula is not very complicated if the person follows the advices and recovery tips shared by the anorectal surgeon. You can follow the self-care tips after anal fistula surgery for a seamless recovery:
- Keep the surgical wound clean. Wash the area, pat it dry several times a day. Do not let discharge accumulate in the area.
- If the area pains, consult with a doctor and take medicines. Do not touch the skin. You can also take over-the-counter pills such as painkillers and ibuprofen.
- Change the dressing of the wound at regular intervals. In case there is pus discharge from the site, be extremely gentle while changing teh dressing.
- Indulge in light physical activities. Don’t go sedentary. Gentle exercises will help the wound heal faster.
- Do not indulge in anal sex until the surgical site is completely healed.
What is the recovery timeline after laser surgery for anal fistula?
The recovery timeline after anal fistula laser surgery is not the same for every patient. Most patients recover within 2-3 months but the complete recovery may take anywhere between 1 month to 45 days.
Recovery after 1 month of anal fistula laser surgery
The patient needs to follow the recovery tips and recommendations by the doctor for at least one month after the laser surgery for anal fistula. It is advisable that the patient refrains from doing anything that puts strain on the surgical site. The patient should not eat anything too oily and spicy and consume only fiber-rich food. Diet is a very significant factor that determines the recovery after surgical treatment. The patient should take sitz baths at least 2-3 times a day to keep the surgical area free of any infection and take regular sitz baths.
Recovery after 2 months of laser surgery for anal fistula
After 2 months, the pain from the surgical site will subside. The patient would experience much relief from the pain in and around the wound. But the scars might take some more time to disappear. The patient might get back to normal work life without any major complications and also resume normal dietary habits.
Recovery after 3 months of surgery for anal fistula
After 3 months, the patient would be free from all post-surgery discomfort. There would be no scars at the surgical site and the wound would be healed completely too.