Home remedies to manage piles:
- Eating foods that are rich in fiber – Including an adequate amount of fruits, grains, and vegetables in your diet.
- Staying hydrated – Drink at least 10-12 glasses of water every day.
- Taking sitz baths – Soak your anal area in warm water for 15-20 minutes for 2-3 times every day.
- Use topical treatments – Apply witch hazel or over-the-counter [OTC] creams on your anal area.
Medicines for Piles Treatment:
There are a number of medications available for treating or managing the symptoms of piles. These include:
- Laxatives – Laxatives can provide some relief from the pain and also help in making the bowel movement smooth and easy.
- Corticosteroids – These medications can help in reducing the pain and swelling in the anal area.
- Over-the-counter [OTC] medicines – OTC medications such as creams, ointments and painkillers can provide some relief to the pain, swelling and redness in around the anal area.
All the above mentioned medications can help in dealing with the symptoms of piles to an exten. However, it is advised to take these medications only after consulting with the doctor.
Surgical treatments for piles:
Hemorrhoidectomy: Performed under the influence of general or local anesthesia, this procedure is usually used to treat Piles of severe grades. During this procedure, the surgeon makes a number of incisions around the hemorrhoidal tissue. Then the surgeon ties off the swollen veins inside the hemorrhoids to prevent bleeding before completely removing the hemorrhoid. The complications of this procedure may include infections and difficulty in clearing the bladder.
Hemorrhoid stapling: Performed mostly in cases of internal piles, the stapling procedure disrupts the flow of blood to the inflamed tissues. During this procedure, the arterial blood vessels within the piles are completely cut off and this prevents blood from flowing any further to the piles vessels. Since the blood flow is cut off, the size of the piles significantly reduces and shrinks off with time. Hemorrhoid stapling surgery does not inflict much pain and it ensures a quick recovery. The complications of this procedure include rectal prolapse and there might be chances of recurrence.
Laser Surgery: By far, this is considered as the most advanced and effective Treatment of Piles. During this procedure, the surgeon uses a laser beam to burn and shrink the hemorrhoids by focussing a narrow beam of light on the anal tissues. The procedure is completely bloodless and inflicts very minimal or no pain. The chances of complications are also reduced to a greater extent, ensuring a faster recovery of the patient.
Non-surgical methods to treat piles:
Rubber band ligation: This is a very commonly performed minimally-invasive treatment forpPiles. The Proctologist or Anorectal surgeon during this procedure places a rubber band around the base of the internal piles. This rubber band prevents the blood from flowing through the tissue of the piles, causing it to shrink and fall off within a week.
Coagulation: This is a medical procedure that is used to treat piles of small and medium sizes. Only used for treating internal hemorrhoids, the surgeon in this procedure uses a beam of infrared light to remove the piles.
Why choose Pristyn Care for the Treatment of Piles in Vadodara?
- Pristyn Care has been recognised as a Centre of Excellence for treatment of Proctological diseases.
- Pristyn Care houses some of the top Proctologists in Vadodara who have years of experience in delivering surgical treatment for anorectal diseases like piles, fissure, fistula, etc. with a proven success rate.
- We are associated with the top hospitals in Vadodara that are equipped with state-of-art facilities required to perform advanced surgeries for anorectal diseases.
- Proctologists/Anorectal Surgeons working with Pristyn Care carry out a thorough consultation in the case of every patient to understand the health condition and then determine the right line of treatment available to the patient.
- We strive to deliver a seamless surgical experience to each and every patient. Therefore, to ease out the commuting process of our patients, we provide free pick-up and drop-off cab facilities on the day of the surgery.
- A free-of-cost follow-up is provided to each and every patient within the first seven days of undergoing the surgery.
How to book an appointment with Proctologists at Pristyn Care?
Booking an appointment with the Best Proctologists at Pristyn Care is very simple and easy. You can either:
- Contact us on the numbers given on this page.
- Fill up the “Book Your Appointment” form.
- Download the Pristyn Care app from Play Store and book your appointment.
Within 24 hours of receiving your request, our medical coordinators will get back to you and assist you in booking your appointment with the Best Piles Specialists in Vadodara.
Treatment for different stages of piles
Depending on the grades, piles treatment varies.
- For grade-1 piles: Lifestyle changes, dietary modifications, and medications. Rarely surgery is recommended.
- For grade-2 piles: In most cases of grade-2 piles, laser surgery is recommended.
- For mild to moderate grade-3 piles: Most doctors suggest undergoing laser piles surgery.
- For end-stage grade-3 piles: Based on the severity and the symptoms, proctologists can recommend either laser or open surgery to treat piles.
- For grade-4 piles: In most cases, open surgery and in a few cases, laser surgery is suggested to treat piles/hemorrhoids.
Safest and the best Laser Piles Hospital in Vadodara
In Vadodara, several hospitals and clinics provide effective piles treatment. But out of many, we are recognized as one of the best and safest piles hospitals by many patients. We house many piles doctors or proctologists to cure piles permanently with no risk of recurrence. All our proctologists use laser surgery to either remove or cut off the piles.
Also, we use USFDA approved surgical tools and diagnostic instruments for proper diagnosis and safest treatment. We follow all the safety precautions suggested by the WHO to make sure all our patients are safe from deadly viruses like COVID.
In Vadodara, all our piles specialists have more than 10 years of medical experience and use laser technology to treat piles because of its benefits. So, to get treated for piles at your nearest hospital partnered with us in Vadodara, you can call the phone number on this page.
Preparation for piles surgery
One should prepare themselves before undergoing any surgical procedure. Here, you can know what preparation is required for piles surgery.
- Talk with the doctor or the surgeon to which you are allergic, like specific oral tablets, topical ointments, creams, etc.
- Inform the surgeon if you are allergic to any ingredients of the medicine prescribed to you before and after the surgery.
- If you are suffering from blood disorders or taking anticoagulant medications, don’t forget to inform your surgeon or the doctor.
- Tell your doctor about the anorectal surgery, if any, you underwent in the past.
- If your doctor says to avoid taking any certain medications, try not to take them because they can alter the healing process after the surgery.
- Avoid smoking and drinking alcohol before and after a week of the surgery.
- Avoid eating heavy and large meals a day before the surgery.
- On the day of the surgery, an enema may be given to clear the remaining stool residues in the colon, rectum, and anus.
- Ensure all your questions like benefits, disadvantages, risks, complications, side-effects, long-term results of the surgery are answered by the attending anorectal surgeon, proctologists, or colorectal surgeon.
Once you are ready to undergo surgery, you will be asked to sign a consent form, which permits the surgeon to perform the surgery.
Precautions after piles surgery
Following post-surgical care tips is as important as surgery to permanently cure piles. So, before the doctor discharges you from the hospital, he/she will suggest you follow some post-surgical care tips that are mentioned below.
- Take medications as prescribed by the doctor.
- Regularly drink plenty of water [2.5 -3.5 liters]
- Add fiber-rich foods to your diet.
- Daily perform some simple exercises for 15 minutes.
- Don’t overtake the medications.
- Avoid having anal sex or anal intercourse till the doctor says so.
- Avoid lift heavyweights
- Don’t drink alcohol or caffeinated beverages as they can increase constipation and diarrhea.
- Avoid eating hot and spicy foods.
- Restrict smoking for a day or two [as suggested by the doctor.
If you fail to follow the post-surgical care tips, your recovery and healing process can slow down and take a longer period than expected.
Do’s And Don’ts in Diet Plan for Piles Patients
Following are the do’s and don’ts in the diet plan for piles patients.
- Drink lots of fluids to avoid constipation
- Exercise regularly for 15 to 30 minutes
- If obese or overweight, lose weight as directed by your doctor
- Don’t eat heavy or fatty meals
- Don’t eat hot and spicy foods
- Avoid regular use of laxatives and stool softeners
- Don’t drink too much coffee, alcohol, or caffeinated beverages
- Avoid sitting in the toilet for long periods
- Don’t strain or put excess pressure while passing stools
- Don’t sit in the same position and place for long hours at work.
To get complete information about the piles diet plan, you can consult our expert proctologists.