Carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS) is a condition that occurs when the median nerve, which runs from the forearm into the hand, becomes compressed or squeezed at the wrist. This can cause numbness, tingling, weakness, or pain in hand and wrist and can also affect the fingers and thumb.
While many cases of CTS can be treated with non-surgical interventions, such as wrist splints, corticosteroid injections, or physical therapy, some people may require surgery to relieve their symptoms.
Indications for carpal tunnel surgery may include:
- Symptoms that have not improved with non-surgical treatments.
- Worsening symptoms or loss of function in the affected hand.
- Presence of muscle atrophy (wasting) in the hand or fingers.
- Evidence of nerve damage or a positive electromyogram (EMG) test.
- Difficulty with daily activities or job-related tasks due to CTS symptoms.
- Recurrent or severe symptoms that significantly impact the quality of life.
Surgical intervention for carpal tunnel syndrome typically involves cutting the transverse carpal ligament, which releases pressure on the median nerve. This can be done through a small incision in the wrist or through an endoscopic approach.
Most people who undergo carpal tunnel surgery experience significant improvement in their symptoms and can return to normal activities within a few weeks after the procedure. If you are suffering from carpal tunnel syndrome, you should consult an orthopedic doctor for the appropriate treatment. To book you consultation with our best orthopedic doctor in Noida, give us a call.
Carpal tunnel surgery is usually suggested when a person has severe stage carpal tunnel syndrome, experiences severe pain and numbness, and when all nonsurgical treatments (including medications, rest, steroid injections, etc.) have failed. Surgery is a medical necessity in such conditions. Most health insurance policies in India typically cover the cost of carpal tunnel release surgery. But the extent of coverage depends on the individual’s particular insurance policy.
To know more about carpal tunnel surgery insurance cover and associated costs, connect with our medical coordinators by calling or by booking an appointment with us.
Pristyn Care is one of the most trusted and reliable healthcare surgical centers in India. We are associated with multiple ortho clinics and hospitals to provide the best surgical experience to all patients at an affordable price. We house a team of expert and highly experienced orthopedic surgeons who are very well-trained in performing orthopedic surgeries with the maximum success rate. Here are some reasons why you should choose Pristyn Care for carpal tunnel surgery in Noida:
- We provide FREE cab service to the patient on the day of surgery.
- We provide FREE meals during hospitalization
- We provide FREE multiple follow-up sessions
- We have a dedicated insurance team to help in claiming the insurance.
- We provide a dedicated care coordinator to assist each patient in their treatment journey.
- An expert laparoscopic surgeon to perform the surgery
If you are also looking for the best surgeon for your treatment and surgery, look no further than Pristyn Care. Contact us now and consult the best orthopedic surgeons for safe and effective carpal tunnel surgery in Noida near you right away.