The various suggestions given by the doctors are described below:
Managed diet intake and changes in lifestyle: This one is the most significant and initial part to look after yourself for the treatment. The overall diet strategy will help you ease bowel movements. To get better, patient should consider the following lifestyle changes mandatorily:
- Consumption of fiber rich food as it will help in ease of the passing of stools
- Start light exercises, phones and newspapers should be avoided while using the bathroom as distractions and stress may also lead to the stoppage in passing of stools.
- Exercise to stay physically fit and active
- Enough time should be spared to make bowel movements, do not rush always and avoid distractions
- Fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grain bread and cereals additions to have the rich diet
- For every 1000 calories, an individual should add 14 grams of fiber in their diet.
Laxatives: Physicians may prescribe various types of laxatives which may be generally recommended after consulting the expert doctor. The laxatives usually includes fiber supplements stimulants, lubricants, stool softeners, osmotic, enemas and suppositories, glycerin or bisacodyl suppositories.
Biofeedback/ Training of the pelvic muscles: In this process, the physiotherapist will teach how to relax & to tighten the muscles of the pelvis. It will help the patient to understand the muscle relaxation and eventually helps the stools to pass easily through the rectum area.
Electrical Stimulation: This is one of the non - surgical methods for the treatment of chronic constipation. It will basically help to activate the muscles and nerves of the pelvic region. It is the most effective way to help the stools passing easy.
Surgical methods: When all the methods are tried but chronic constipation is not treated, then surgery is among the last options. Effective surgical treatments are done to treat chronic constipation which is caused by blockage, rectocele, anal fissure and stricture.
STARR (Stapled Trans-anal Resection of the Rectum) which is used for the Obstructed Defecation Syndrome is one of the very commonly done surgical management method to treat the chronic constipation problem. There are numerous best doctors for chronic constipation treatment in Bangalore that are made available by Pristyn Care Laser Clinic. The doctors at Pristyn Care believes in treating the patients of all age groups with the most unique and advanced techniques available. The problem of constipation is common which may easily grow with the age. So, it’s better to take timely consultation. You can get an effective treatment for chronic constipation in Bangalore by consulting Pristyn Care clinic.