The average cost of In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) treatment in Hyderabad ranges between Rs. 98,000 to Rs. 1,45,000. IVF is a procedures used to treat infertility, prevent genetic problems, and assist with conception. In 1986, the first test-tube baby in India was born to Mrs. Mani Chawda, a twenty-four-year-old housewife at KEM Hospital Bombay.
- According to the Indian Society of Assisted Reproduction, infertility affects about 10 to 14 percent of the Indian population.
- According to the report published by Allied Market Research, the India IVF Services Market garnered $478.2 million in 2018 and is expected to reach $1.45 billion by 2026.
- According to WHO, more than 5 million children are born worldwide from ART interventions such as in vitro fertilization (IVF).
- Estimates suggest that between 48 million couples and 186 million individuals live with infertility globally.
How is the cost of IVF treatment affected?
The IVF treatment cost is affected by several factors that mainly include the following:-
01. Consultation charge
Since IVF treatment is a complex procedure, you should choose an experienced, skilled, and reliable IVF doctor so that the chances of success are high. The consultation charge of an IVF specialist is determined by their experience, skills, and trust amongst the people.
02. Clinic’s credibility
The average cost of IVF treatment at a credible IVF Treatment Clinic is substantially higher than that of a typical IVF clinic. Although several gynecology centers in Hyderabad offer IVF treatment, you should choose the one with an excellent track record in IVF treatment as it ensures a seamless and comfortable treatment journey.
03. Charges for diagnostic tests
The following are the common tests that an IVF doctor recommends men before IVF treatment:-
- Semen analysis
- Hormone testing
- MRI of the genital
- Testicular biopsy
- Genetic testing
Like men, the doctor also recommends women undergo the following tests before IVF treatment:-
- Ovulation testing
- Test for ovarian reserve
- Pelvic ultrasound
The cost of these tests also adds up to the overall cost of IVF treatment. Based on the findings of these diagnostic tests, the doctor starts the treatment process.
04. Need for IVF treatment
IVF treatment is done to help a woman get pregnant. IVF is used to treat many causes of infertility. Following people usually go for IVF treatment:-
- A female suffering from problems with the uterus
- Damage or blockage in the fallopian tube
- A female with ovulation disorders
- A female suffering from endometriosis
- A female with uterine fibroids
- A male or female with an unexplained infertility
- A female with poor quality eggs
- A male with low sperm motility and counts
- Antibodies that destroy sperms or egg
- Fertility preservation for cancer
- The genetic health condition in male or female partner
The need for IVF treatment also plays a crucial role in deciding the overall cost of In Vitro Fertilization cost in Hyderabad.
05. Types of IVF treatment
Which type of IVF treatment your doctor chooses also determines the cost of this procedure. Following are the different types of IVF treatment:-
- IVF + Frozen Embryo Transfer (FET)
- IVF + Elective Single Embryo Transfer (eSET)
- IVF + Intracytoplasmic Injection (ICSI)
- IVF + Egg Donor
- IVF + Donor Sperm
- Natural IVF
- Mini IVF (Minimal Stimulation)
The doctor uses the best-suited treatment option based on the findings of the tests.
06. Numbers of IVF cycles
At times, a woman gets pregnant with just one IVF cycle. However, a woman may need 2-3 IVF cycles in some cases. In even rarer cases, a woman may need more than 2-3 IVF cycles, depending on her overall health.
The fertility doctor prescribes certain medications to the patient before and during the IVF treatment process. Before the treatment process, the doctor uses fertility drugs to stimulate the ovaries to release more eggs than usual. The cost of these medications also adds up to the overall cost of IVF treatment.
08. Follow-up meeting
During the entire IVF treatment, you need to do follow-up meetings with your doctor. One complete cycle of IVF takes around three weeks. On every follow-up visit to your doctor, you need to pay the consultation fee. The consultation fee also includes the overall cost of IVF treatment.
09. Buying eggs/sperm
If you don’t have healthy eggs/sperm, you can buy the same from the donor. In such a case, you need to pay the donor a certain amount of money. This also adds up to the final cost of IVF treatment.
Apart from those mentioned above, factors such as lifestyle and diet changes and hospitalization in some cases can significantly affect the overall cost of IVF treatment in Hyderabad.
You can book an appointment and consult privately with one of our best IVF Doctors, and undergo the best IVF treatment in Hyderabad. You can also call us directly on the given mobile number at the top of the page.