Pristyn Care has top Fecal Incontinence specialists in Hyderabad, who have experience in treating the condition from its very roots.
- Diet: Food products that can trigger diarrhea and constipation are obliterated from your diet. Food that is rich in fluid and fiber are added instead. The change in diet can help in a regular bowel movement.
- Medication: Doctors will also suggest medications that will work on treating diarrhea and constipation. Medicines that thicken the stool and are rich in fiber will be suggested for a speedy recovery.
- Retraining of the Bowel: Bowel Retraining can also help in improving fecal incontinence. The doctor will recommend you to schedule your time to the toilet so you can have more control over your stool elimination.
- Kegel Exercises: These type of exercises help in strengthening the core. Although, these kegel has more focus on the pelvic floor muscles especially the ones that influence your bowel movements.
- Surgery: Curing fecal incontinence through surgery is only suggested to people that have several cases of fecal incontinence that cannot be treated with medication or diet etc. There are four types of Fecal Incontinence surgery commonly known:
In this surgery, the entire focus is on the Sphincter muscle. Doctors remove the injured and weakened part of the Sphincter muscle and strengthen the healthy part.
Gracilis Muscle Transplant
In this, the muscle called Gracilis that is found in your thigh is removed and placed in the Sphincter to add strength to it.
In this procedure, a silicone ring is placed in the anus. Providing you with complete control over its inflammation and defamation; this way you have control over the involuntary stool leakage.
A colostomy surgery is for people that suffer from an acute case of fecal incontinence. In this surgery, your stools no longer pass from the anus but get collected in a bag that is attached to the stoma. The surgeon redirects the large intestine through your abdomen wall in a colostomy surgery.