What are Gallstones?
Gallstones are a termed as hard particles which form in Pear Shaped Gall Bladder. As we have just read that Gall Bladder contains a green-yellow liquid called 'bile' which helps digestion.The size may vary from a groin to golf ball, from a single stone to multiple. It may cause sudden pain in the upper right abdomen when gallstones block the ducts of the biliary tract. The pain can be referred as Gallbladder Attack or biliary colic.
What are the Common Types of Gallstones?
When Bile carries excessive cholesterol, excessive bilirubin and less amount of Bile salts, Gallstones are formed. As per the medical research, it is assumed to occur when the gallbladder does not empty completely or often enough. Exact reasons are still unknown. Generally, Two types of gallstones are found such as:-
- Cholesterol Stones which is yellow-green in color and occurred due to the high level of cholesterol.
- Pigment Stones which is dark in color and raised due to excessive bilirubin.
What are the causes of Gallstones?
There are two types of Gallstones are found in the human body, the different causes and risk factors are:
1. FOR CHOLESTEROL STONES:
Women are most likely to get suffered from the Gallstones as compare to men due to extra estrogen which may raise due to pregnancy, hormone replacement therapy, and contraceptive pills etc. These things may lead to increase cholesterol level in the bile causing gallstones. Other Causes are:
- Adults having an age of 40 due to weak digestive systems
- Genetic factors in American Indians and family History do increase the higher risk.
- Obese people, especially women may form more cholesterol
- Fasting and weight loss diet plans may lead to affect the cholesterol into bile. Likewise, low calories diets and Bariatric Surgery limits the food intake and his calorie diets may increase the risk of gallstones
- Intestinal Diseases affects normal absorption of nutrients (like Crohn's disease)
- Metabolic Syndrome linked to overweight or obesity which puts the people at the risk of type 2 diabetes & heart disease. Collectively,
- Insulin resistance, diabetes, and metabolic syndrome are known risk factors for gallstones.
2. FOR PIGMENT STONES:
Pigment stones raise due to excessive bilirubin and tend to grow in people who have :
- Cirrhosis when liver suffers from malfunctions slow functions due to chronic injury
- Infections in Bile ducts
- Severe Haemolytic Anemias wherein red blood cells are continuously broken down.
Symptoms of Gallstones:
- Infection or damage of gallbladder, bile ducts, and liver
- Pain (may last for long hours)
- Nausea & Vomiting
- Jaundice signs (yellowish skin or white eyes)
- Pancreatitis—inflammation of the pancreas
- Fever or chills
- Tea Coloured urine or light-colored stools
Treatments for Gallstones
Medications are not effective to remove the gallstones, Medication will help to reduce the pain only. Only surgical methods are adopted out of which laparoscopic Gall Bladder surgery is one of the best options to remove the gallstones. As we know, Gallbladder is not the essential part of the body, surgeries can be performed to remove the gallbladder. In absence or gallbladder, Bile (thick fluid) flows out of the liver through hepatic or common bile ducts directly into the intestine.
GALLBLADDER Surgery can be performed in two different ways:-
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
- Open Cholecystectomy
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy:- In this process, A tiny incision is made in the abdomen through which laparoscope (the thin tube with the tiny video camera) is inserted. The surgeon will watch the clear images of the organs and tissues on a Video monitor with the help of the camera which sends a magnified image to the video monitor. the whole procedure is done to remove the gallbladder from the liver, ducts & other structures carefully through one of the small incisions. Some of the important key features of Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy are:-
- Normal physical activities can be performed immediately after a day of surgery
- Can go home same day
- No frequent doctor visits or dressings
- Less or Minimal Pain
- Outpatients Surgery
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy is Gold Standard Treatment of care across the world.
Advantages of Laparoscopy Treatment over the Traditional Surgical Procedure
|Does not require a large incision
||Requires large single incision (generally 2 to 4 inches)
|Recovery is faster
||Recovery is slow and painful
|Minimizes the risk of recurrence
||High Risk of recurrence
|Lesser and dissolvable Stitches
||Lots of stitches
Best Laparoscopic Surgery For Gallbladder/ Gall Stones Removal Treatment in Gurgaon South Delhi
Gurgaon: Golf Course Road, Shan Road, MG Road, Cyber Hub, DLF, Sushant Lok, Palam Colony, Sikanderpur, Sector- 3, 4, 5, 6, 7,9, 10, 12, 14, 17, 46, 47, 48, 38
South Delhi: Hauz Khas, Green Park, Jor Bagh, South Ex., Saket, Malviya Nagar, GK.
East Delhi: Mayur Vihar, Laxmi Nagar, Padpad Ganj, Preet Vihar, Akshardham, Vaishali, Kaushambi, Vasundhra, Indirapuram, Geeta Colony, Shahdra, Shastru Nagar, Ghaziabad, Dilshad Garden
West Delhi: Pitampura, Shalimar bagh, Paschim Vihar, Rajouri garden, Moti Nagar, Kirti Nagar, Ramesh Nagar, Inderlok, Rohini, Punjabi Bagh, Subhash Nagar, Mayapuri, Tilak Nagar, Hari Nagar, Wazirpur, Karol Bagh, patel Nagar, Kamla Nagar, Civil Lines, GTB Nagar, Dwarka, Vasant Kunj, Uttam Nagar, Janakpuri, Najafgarh.
Noida: Sectors 15,18, 16, 21, 22, 26, 30, 31-37, 51-55, 70-73, 100, Arun Vihar, Niti Khand, Kaushambi,Vasundhar Enclave, Ghaziabad.
Punjab and Haryana,Rajisthan: Rewari, Rohtak, Bhiwadi, Sohna, Manesar, Karnal, Bhiwani, Sonipat, Panipat, Jind, Chandigarh, Jaipur