What are the complications if I do not undergo laparoscopic surgery for an umbilical hernia in time?
Umbilical hernias can get bigger in size and lead to complications. If a patient chooses to ignore the symptoms, the umbilical hernia can lead to incarcerations or strangulations. Either situation is considered an emergency and can cause life-threatening conditions. If your umbilical hernia strangulates, which can cause blood to stop flowing to the tissue leading to tissue death. This event may result in the rupture or death of an organ.
If your umbilical hernia leads to incarceration, that also becomes riskier to operate and complicated to operate than a regular umbilical hernia. If you avoid treatment in time, the duration of surgery increases with the risk of recurrence on the higher side too. You might experience intense pain in the abdomen followed by nausea and a feverish feeling. Seek immediate medical attention if you experience any symptoms of an umbilical hernia.
Should I undergo hernia repair and Cesarean Section (C-Section) simultaneously?
If the umbilical hernia occurs mid-way during pregnancy, the doctors will look for any signs of strangulations and incarceration. If there are no complications, and symptoms show no sign of major discomfort, the doctor can delay the repair surgery until your delivery. However, you can undergo hernia repair after the delivery depending on the diagnosis and choice of surgeon.
The chances of recurrence of umbilical hernia after the surgery becomes very minimal if the treatment is done using surgical mesh as compared to conventional sutures. Some patients may choose to undergo hernia repair after childbirth. Combined surgeries do not usually increase the risk of complications, however, there are other concerns such as the age, health of the patient, quality, and durability of the hernia repair.
Advanced umbilical hernia treatment at Pristyn Care in Kochi?
Pristyn Care provides advanced laparoscopic treatment for hernia repair. Although an umbilical hernia is prominent in infants and pregnant women, Pristyn Care offers highly advanced methods of procedure for each case study for highly successful results. Undergoing treatment from Pristyn Care has following benefits –
- Pristyn Care is associated with some of the top hernia specialists and laparoscopic surgeons of the country with years of experience. They will deliver the best surgical treatment for the umbilical hernia.
- We are also associated with the top hospitals in Kochi that are equipped with highly advanced facilities and great infrastructure for great patient experience.
- Pristyn Care strives to make the whole surgical experience for every patient a seamless one.
- We also provide cab facilities free of cost, i.e. free pick up and drop facility within the city.
- Free consultations after the treatment during the first seven days after the surgery.