Tips to choose the best hospital for LASIK surgery in Kochi
Finding the best LASIK eye surgery hospital in Kochi is a challenging task. Every city has numerous hospitals with different levels of amenities. And every patient has different criteria for choosing the hospital or clinic to undergo LASIK eye surgery in Kochi. Here are some key points that must be considered while making the decision-
- Quality of Service– Check how well the hospital staff tends to you and observe the environment closely. A good clinic or hospital follows the standard safety and hygiene protocols strictly and pays attention to the patient’s needs.
- Patient Experience- Do not forget to review the testimonials and reviews given by the previous patients. This will give you an insight into how the patients are treated at the hospitals.
- Treatment Cost- Every clinic and hospital charges a fixed amount for the treatments. You need to compare the treatment cost at different LASIK centers to find the one which is more affordable and provides optimal care without compromising the quality of service.
- Technology- Different techniques are used to perform LASIK surgery. And all medical centers don’t have all the latest technologies available. For instance, a LASIK center may use an excimer laser while others may use a femtosecond laser. So, make sure that you choose a clinic that has all technologies and doesn’t restrict your options for the type of LASIK.
Keep the above-mentioned points in mind and discuss them with your choice of doctor to make an informed decision.
Follow Proper Recovery Tips After LASIK Operation
If you undergo LASIK surgery in Kochi under the care of Pristyn Care surgeons, they will ensure that you follow the recovery tips properly to recover quickly and smoothly. Some of the tips that will further help you recover faster are:
- Use the prescribed medications as directed by the doctor.
- Keep your eyes moist.
- Do not wash your eyes with soap or use chemical products, such as makeup, shampoo, hair color, that can irritate your eyes.
- Do not swim or use hot tubs for at least 2 weeks after surgery.
- Keep your eyes covered while going out in the sun.
- Wear a protective shield to ensure that you don’t poke or rub your eyes in sleep.
Eat a healthy diet that will fasten up the healing process. If you have any doubts or concerns regarding the recovery or experience persistent pain or itchiness in the eyes, you can get back to our experts at any point.
How to prepare for LASIK Eye Surgery?
- If you are an eligible candidate for LASIK surgery, the eye specialist will advise you to follow the tips below and to take some precautions to ensure that there are no major complications during the procedure and your eyes respond well to the treatment. These tips include:
- Stop wearing the contact lenses before having LASIK. If you wear soft contacts, you’ll have to stop at least a week before the surgery. And if you wear hard contacts, you will have to stop wearing them at least a month before the procedure. This is important because wearing contact lenses can alter the shape of the cornea and affect the results.
- Wear loose and comfortable clothes as you’ll be undergoing surgery in those same clothes. It is important that you follow this advice and wear clothes that are appropriate to wear in the operating room as well.
- Ask your friend or family member to drive you back from the surgery center. Though you won’t be asleep during the procedure, the anesthesia will still have some lingering effects. Therefore, it is not safe for you to drive yourself.
- Avoid wearing any makeup, perfume, or lotions on the day of surgery as these products act like contaminants for the face.
- Do tell your surgeon about your medical history and any medication you are allergic to. This may impact the outcome of the surgery and the precautions you’ll have to take after surgery.
Benefits of LASIK Eye Treatment
LASIK treatment has become a popular way to restore clear vision in patients over the years. This is because it has many aspects that are beneficial for the patients. The key benefits of the LASIK eye treatment are:
- Improved Vision- The patient can achieve 20/20 vision or perfect eyesight after LASIK.
- Safety- The latest advancements and innovations in laser vision correction procedures make the surgery safer and precise.
- Faster Healing- Being a minimally invasive surgery, LASIK has less downtime for the patient and the healing is also quick.
- Minimal Complications- There are very few complications of LASIK surgery and even those ones can be managed with certain medicines or precautionary steps.
- Less Expensive- Compared to the amount of money you spend on contact lenses, frames, and contact solutions over the years can easily make up for the expenses of LASIK surgery. And you’ll save more money when your vision is clear and you no longer need visual aids
- Additional Adjustments- Another great benefit of LASIK is that if needed, you can undergo the procedure again to adjust your vision further if it changes.
Due to all these advantages, people are becoming more inclined to LASIK and other latest forms of vision correction too.
Types of LASIK in Kochi Performed At Pristyn Care
Whether you want to undergo blade LASIK, bladeless LASIK, or premium LASIK surgery, Pristyn Care has all the latest technologies available so that you can choose from the best options.
The different types of LASIK surgery performed by our eye specialists in Kochi include-
- Conventional LASIK is the most common type of LASIK surgery in Kochi. It involves using a scalpel to create the flap and then reshaping the corneal tissues by using the excimer laser.
- SBK (Sub-Bowman’s Keratomileusis) is also known as thin-flap LASIK. A very thin flap is created to access the corneal tissues. It preserves the corneal tissues and strengthens them.
- Femtosecond LASIK is a bladeless procedure in which the femtosecond laser is used to create the flap and the cornea is reshaped using the excimer laser. It provides fast visual recovery and provides aspheric treatment as well.
- SMILE (Small Incision Lenticule Extraction) LASIK is another bladeless LASIK surgery that is suggested for people with a high risk of dry eyes. In this type of LASIK, only a femtosecond laser is used to create a lenticule and reshape the cornea.
- Contoura Vision LASIK is the premium type of LASIK where Femto laser, excimer laser, and topolyser are used to correct refractive power, remove corneal aberrations, and provide aspheric treatment. It involves creating a 3D map of the cornea and dividing it into 22,000 points. The laser focuses precisely on these 22,000 points to correct vision problems.
Under the care of Pristyn Care’s LASIK surgeons in Kochi, you can opt for any of these types of LASIK eye surgery and achieve perfect vision.