What are the different treatment options for anal fistula?
Fistula is a very serious problem that must never be ignored. It is an anorectal disease that doesn’t heal on its own or can be treated using home remedies. Surgery is the only plausible solution to get rid of anal fistula. Hence, you should seek expert help and find out as much as possible about the treatment methods. The common methods that can be used for treatment of anal fistula are:
- Fistulotomy, where the surgeon inserts a probe to locate the internal opening. The contents deposited in the tract are scraped and flushed out. Then the tract is flattened and sealed shut. The wound left after this surgery takes around two months to heal.
- Advancement Rectal Flap is another method where the surgeon takes a flap from the rectal region and puts it against the opening of the fistula after proper cleaning. This method is very risky and may lead to bowel incontinence.
- Seton Placement involves usage of a seton (rubber band or silk string). The seton is placed inside the fistula so that it can be drained completely and start healing over time. This method is chosen when the tract is very close to the anal sphincter muscles.
- LIFT (ligation of the intersphincteric fistula tract) is a treatment method that is carried out in two stages. In the first stage, the abscess and other contents are drained. In the second stage, the surgeon closes the internal opening and removes the infected tissues safely.
Some other methods like stapler surgery, fibrin glue, stoma, and ostomy are also available but they are less effective. A comparatively new yet effective method is also available in the form of laser-assisted surgery that has higher success rates than any other fistula treatment method. If you have fistula and seeking treatment, opt for laser surgery and get rid of the problem in a painless manner.
Why choose laser fistula treatment?
Laser technique is getting popular as it is a USFDA approved safest technique that allows the surgeons to cure fistulas with minimal risks and complications. It is a preferred treatment method for all anorectal diseases. The key advantages of this method will help you understand why laser technique is becoming prevalent:
- It is a non-invasive and painless procedure.
- It doesn’t involve cuts, stitches, or scars.
- Negligible risks of infections and bleeding.
- Laser fistula surgery takes only 30 minutes.
- It doesn’t require hospitalization.
- This method preserve the anal sphincter function.
After learning how beneficial laser surgery is, you only need to find a reliable daycare provider like Pristyn Care. We are a multi-speciality day care service provider with a dedicated team of proctologists and general surgeons working round the clock to help the patients in Kochi get proper treatment for anal fistula. Our surgeons are well-trained and experienced in performing laser-assisted surgery. You can contact Pristyn Care and find out everything about the laser technology used for treatment of anal fistula.
Pristyn Care Provides the Most Effective Laser Fistula Treatment in Kochi
Anal fistula treatment is necessary as it is a very serious problem that can result in severe complications, such as fistula draining, sepsis, perforation, and peritonitis. All these complications will make your condition worse. If you don’t get treatment on time, the disease can also lead to shock, organ failure, and eventual death. Pristyn Care doctors understand that and guide the patients in the right direction so that they can get proper treatment without any delay.
At Pristyn Care, we provide assisted surgical experience so ensure that all of our patient’s needs are fulfilled and the treatment is hassle-free in every aspect. With Pristyn Care, you will get:
- A certified team of proctologists with more than 8 years of experience.
- State-of-the-art facilities and USFDA approved diagnostic tools and medical equipment for maximum safety during the treatment.
- A dedicated care-buddy who takes care of hospital formalities and the patient during the hospital stay.
- Pick and drop service to and from the hospital on the day of surgery to make transportation hassle free.
- Free diet and exercise plan along with post-surgery follow-up.
- A flexible payment system and finance options, including cashless payment and zero-cost EMI.
- Discounts on diagnostic tests and a single deluxe room for hospital stay.
Pristyn Care aims to make the entire treatment journey as comfortable as possible for the patients. We are associated with the top hospitals of Kochi and provide optimal care so that you can permanently get rid of anal fistula in a safe and effective manner.
Book an Appointment to Consult Anal Fistula Doctors in Kochi
If you have an anal fistula, it is important that you consult with an expert. As Pristyn Care has a team of expert proctologists, you can book a consultation with any of them. To schedule an appointment with an anal fistula doctor in Kochi, you can choose any of these methods:
- Call us on the number given at the top and our representatives will gather the necessary information to schedule your consultation at the earliest.
- Fill in the information in the “Book Appointment” form and our medical coordinators will get back to you as soon as possible.
- Download the Pristyn Care Patient app and you will see the list of doctors available in Kochi. You can pick any doctor as they are all experienced and confirm the appointment.
Pristyn Care doctors provide both online and offline consultations. So, you can choose whether you want to consult a doctor face-to-face or from the comfort of your home.