Get Most Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery for Gallstones In Kochi
Most people have gallstones that do not show any symptoms. Those who experience symptoms may notice a sharp pain in the upper right part of the belly which further spreads to the right upper back or shoulder. There are people in Kochi who experience gallbladder attacks and need surgical intervention to get rid of gallstones.
To help patients who need gallstones treatment in Kochi, Pristyn Care offers surgical removal to rid of gallbladder stones with laparoscopic surgery. The laparoscopic technique has revolutionized the removal of gallbladder and gallstones. The benefits and features of laparoscopic cholecystectomy have made it one of the most commonly preferred surgical procedures undertaken by experienced surgeons.
Specialized Laparoscopic Gallbladder Surgeons In Kochi
We pride ourselves in housing some of the most reputed gallbladder surgeons in Kochi. They are not only reputed in this field but also recognized by several associations and organizations for their remarkable career. Each of our general surgeons is specially trained in using minimally-invasive techniques to get rid of various gastrointestinal issues including gallstones. The long years of experience make them specialists in the field of laparoscopic. Moreover, they possess the necessary medical qualifications as well as medical licensing required to perform the procedure.
How Pristyn Care Is Associated With Top Hospitals In Kochi?
In Kochi, we are associated with some of the super-specialty hospitals to offer laparoscopic gallstones surgery. We work in partnership with multi-specialty clinics and hospitals to deliver the promise of guaranteeing a hassle-free surgical experience. We partner with hospitals that have NABH accreditation which means our partner hospitals follow every possible standard of procedure prescribed to follow. Also, the operating theatres, private rooms, and consultation rooms are equipped with the latest technology and surgical equipment that ensures the surgery is 100% successful. Our partner-hospitals are backed by strong manpower who are specially trained and qualified to take care of every patient.
Benefits of Laparoscopic Gallbladder Removal Surgery
The following benefits of laparoscopic gallbladder removal surgery make it a better option than the ‘open’ gallstones surgery-
- Laparoscopic technique is a type of minimally-invasive surgery (MIS) which means the doctors cuts and incisions that are extremely small
- As incisions are small, less blood loss compared to conventional open surgery
- This procedure is performed on the basis of outpatient
- It is considered a painless procedure as it is performed under the influence of anesthesia
- Small incisions that result in minimum blood loss makes it possible to recover faster
- Patients are back on their feet within a day
- Improved quality of life as the cause of pain is taken care of on a permanent basis
- The chances of the problem recurring are reduced to almost zero
Why Choose Gallstones Surgery from Pristyn Care?
- Proper following of every safety protocol at every clinic and partner-hospital in Kochi. Some of these are- thermal screening of every patient, wearing of PPE kit by hospital personnel, regular sanitizing of surgical equipment and rooms.
- Free cab arranged to pick up and drop patients off on the day of the surgery.
- We arrange for free follow-up consultation arranged within 7 days of the procedure for every patient.
- Complete assistance by our team of medical coordinators in matters of insurance handling, necessary paperwork, arranging discounted rate of diagnostic tests.
- Our surgeons provide post-operative care and instructions to every patient for an easy recovery.
- We maintain complete transparency with our patients by accepting payments through online method.
What is the Cost of Laparoscopic Treatment of Gallstones in Kochi?
The cost of gallbladder removal surgery in Kochi depends on the following factors-
- Charges of anesthesia
- Prices of medicines and surgical equipment
- Location of the hospital where the procedure is going to take place
- Type of technology used to perform the procedure
- Type of gallstones that are going to be treated
- Hospitalization charges
- Charges of the surgeon
- Post-surgery follow-up consultation
- Type of technology used
In Kochi, you can get an estimated cost of the whole procedure by speaking with the general surgeon or financial consultant of the particular clinic and hospital where the laparoscopic cholecystectomy is going to take place. You should know that gallbladder removal surgery is one of the medical procedures covered by medical insurers.
Nearest Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Clinic In Kochi
In Kochi, gallstone patients in areas such as Edapally, Elamakkara, Ernakulam, Chakkalakkal, Chalikkavattom, Chambakkara, Changampuzha Nagar, Chellanam, Chembumukku, Fort Kochi, Gandhi Nagar, Irumpanam, Kacheripady, Kadamakudi, Kadavanthra, Kadungalloor, Kakkanad, Kalady, Kalamassery, Kaloor, Kangarapadi, Kanjiramattom, Kannankulangara, Karimakkad, Karimannoor,Jawahar Nagar, Malayinkil, Malipuram, Mamala, Mather Nagar, Mattancherry, Mattoor, Narakkal, Nayarambalam, Nazreth, North Kalamassery, North Paravoor, Okkal, Shenoys, South Chellanam, South Chittoor, South Kalamassery, Sreemoolanagaram, Ramamangalam, Ravipuram, Pachalam, Padamugal, Padivattom, Pukkattupady, Pullepady, Puthencruz, Puthenkurish, Puthenvelikkara, Puthiyakavu, Puthuvype, Thaikkattukara, Thamaraparambu, Thammanam, Thiruvananthapuram, Thiruvaniyoor, Thiruvankulam, Thoppil, Thoppumpady, Thottakkattukara, Vadakode Kailas, Vadavukode, Vaduthala, Valanjambalam, Vallarpadam, Willingdon Island, etc. can reach out to us. Book an appointment with one of our gallstone surgeons in Kochi without any further delay.
Nearest Cities for Best Laparoscopic Gallbladder Surgery in Kochi
Ernakulam, Elur, Arukutti, Nedumbassery, Alwaye, Kodungallur, Methala, Vaikam, Piravam, Kalady, Vayalar, Shertallai, Angamali, Perumpavur, Muvattupula, Narakal, Kuchi Bandar, British Cochin, Tekkumiri, Perumbalam, Alava, Cundacudvu, Kandakkadava, Vypin, etc.
The above cities are some of the common places in and around Kochi from where gallstone patients can reach out to us for an initial consultation.
How To Book an Appointment with the Best Treatment Center in Kochi?
You can consult with our general surgeons by booking online consultation from the convenience of your home. The option of Online Consultation is available under the ‘For Patients’ menu. The same is also possible via the mobile application available for Android and iOS-based smartphones. Also, you can drop us your query in the contact form on the right-hand side and our medical coordinators would get back to you. Give us a call at the above number to book an appointment or simply just walk-in to any of our clinics in Kochi.
Get Free Consultation For Gallstone Treatment Throughout September At Pristyn Care in Kochi
Do you feel pain in your abdomen randomly and it often goes away on its own? Suspect that you may have gallstones?
Do not hesitate and book an appointment with Pristyn Care to consult the best doctors for gallstone treatment. And the best thing is that you won’t have to pay anything to consult with the doctors. We are offering a free consultation to our patients in the month of September so that they can discuss the problem and its solution with the doctors without paying any upfront fee.
Whether you have already been diagnosed with gallstones or you suspect that you have stones in your bladder, consult with expert doctors and find out what you can do to resolve the problem.
How do gallstones form?
A gallstone is a stone that forms inside the gallbladder due to precipitated bile components. The presence of gallstones is called cholelithiasis. The common reasons for gallbladder stone formation are:
- Bile containing too much cholesterol
- Bile containing excessive bilirubin
In all these cases, the excess cholesterol and bilirubin may start to crystallize and eventually turn into stones. Besides the above-mentioned reasons, there are two other factors that impact gallstone formation. The first one is the frequency and ability of the gallbladder contractions. If the contractions are incomplete and infrequent, the bladder won’t empty properly and cause the bile to become over concentrated. The second factor is the presence of proteins in the liver and bile that either promote or inhibit gallstone formation.
Initially, the size of these stones is equal to a grain of sand. However, it can grow quickly and become as large as a golf ball. Moreover, the gallbladder may contain one or multiple stones of smaller or equal size.
What are the different types of gallbladder stones?
Gallbladder stones are divided into three different types based on their composition. These types are explained below:
- Cholesterol Stones- It is the most common type of gallstone. Around 35% to 90% of stones present in gallstones are cholesterol stones. They can be light yellow, dark green, brown, or chalk white in color and have an oval shape. Usually, their size is between 2 to 3 cm long, but they can also grow larger if left untreated for a long time.
- Pigment Stones- This type of gallstone is composed primarily of bilirubin, which is an insoluble bilirubin pigment polymer, and calcium (calcium phosphate) salts present in the bile. Around 2% to 30% of stones present in the gallbladder are bilirubin or pigment stones. They are small and often dark in color.
- Mixed Stones- Also known as brown pigment stones, they are composed of 20-80% of cholesterol. The rest of the constituents can be calcium carbonate, palmitate phosphate, bilirubin, and other bile pigments, such as calcium bilirubinate, calcium palmitate, and calcium stearate. These types of stones usually form when the biliary tract gets infected.
All these three types of stones can be present in the gallbladder altogether or alone. But in each scenario, you will need proper treatment for them.
Why should gallbladder stones not be left untreated?
When left untreated, gallbladder stones can turn into a serious medical issue. If you don’t take a proactive approach for your health and consult a doctor to remove the stones, it can cause the following complications:
- Inflammation of the gallbladder(Cholecystitis)- When the stone gets stuck in the bladder, it will cause inflammation, severe pain, and fever.
- Blockage of the common bile duct- When the stones enter the bile duct and get stuck there, it causes infection in the bile duct, jaundice, and severe pain as well.
- Blockage in the pancreatic duct- Pancreas is connected to the bile duct directly. Hence, there is a high possibility that the stones can travel to the pancreatic duct as well. If this happens, it will cause inflammation in the pancreas (also known as pancreatitis). Due to the inflammation, you will experience intense and constant pain in the abdomen and may need immediate hospitalization.
- Gallbladder cancer- Frequent occurrences of gallstones can increase the risk of gallbladder cancer as well. Though it is rare, it is better that you seek proper treatment to reduce the chances of gallbladder cancer.
Ignoring gallbladder stones is not advisable under any circumstances. You should consult a doctor and discuss what you can do to get rid of the stones permanently.
Prevention of Gallbladder Stones
It is mostly our lifestyle that increases the risk of gallbladder stone formation. Therefore, you can prevent gallstones by making the following changes in your daily life:
- Do not skip meals- Try your best to stick with the usual meal times each day. Skipping meals can cause excess bile secretion and deposition.
- Lose weight slowly- Being overweight is a risk factor for gallstone development. So, if you are trying to lose weight, take things slow. Don’t push your body to its limits in order to lose weight as rapid weight loss can cause the liver to secrete extra cholesterol, which can further increase the risk of gallstones.
- Eat high-fiber foods- Foods that are rich in fiber ensure that the levels of bad cholesterol in the body are minimal. Furthermore, fiber keeps the digestive system moving and helps to flush out the bile from the body. Therefore, it is crucial that you add more fiber to your diet.
- Exercise regularly- It doesn’t necessarily mean that you have to do an extensive workout, being physically active is enough. The less you move, the slower the digestion process will be. As a result, the bile won’t flush out correctly. Invest some time in exercising and leave the sedentary lifestyle behind.
- Take prescribed medications- People who are at high risk of developing gallstones due to heredity or other factors can take medicines to lower the risk of gallstone formation.
You can talk to a gallstone specialist to find out what else you can do to prevent gallstones.
Dietary Changes for Gallstones
The food items that you eat on a regular basis have a significant impact on the body. If you eat a healthy and balanced diet and combine it with physical activities, it can lower the risk of gallstone development to almost negligible.
According to experts, the ideal diet for gallstones consists of:
- Fiber-rich foods like fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Whole grains, including brown rice, oats, whole wheat bread, etc.
- Fewer refined carbohydrates and less sugar.
- Healthy fats, such as fish oil and olive oil that helps to contract the gallbladder.
Along with knowing what foods to eat, you should also keep your cravings in check and avoid unhealthy fats, such as desserts and fried foods. Talk to your healthcare provider and ask them to make changes in your diet that will help you avoid gallstones and other health problems as well.