Get Most Advanced Pilonidal Sinus Treatment in Coimbatore
Pilonidal sinus is a common condition in which a sinus tract develops near the tailbone region. A study conducted at Apollo Hospitals, Mysore over a period of 12 years (2007-2019) revealed that pilonidal sinus was most common amongst the age group 16-25 years and 77% of the patients were male and 23% female. Pilonidal sinus is not only discomforting but is also prone to getting infected. If this happens, the symptoms aggravate and the risk of complications increases by multiple times.
People in Coimbatore can now easily get rid of pilonidal sinus once and for all through the advanced laser pilonidal plasty procedure available at Pristyn Care. The laser pilonidal sinus treatment drains and heals the sinus tract with the use of laser energy. It is a 1-day procedure and the risk of complications is nil. So do not delay any further, contact Pristyn Care and say goodbye to pilonidal sinus.
Why is Pilonidal Sinus Treatment Necessary?
When a pilonidal cyst forms near the buttocks, the chances of microbial attack on the cyst are very high. This can result in an infected cyst and the following complications can arise:
- An infected pilonidal sinus can turn into a pilonidal abscess and this may be indicated by symptoms like foul smell and discharge from the abscess.
- Prolonged pilonidal sinus can result in the formation of multiple sinus tracts under the skin. This can lead to intense pain and extensive discomfort.
- The infection, if left untreated, can grow severe and start spreading to other parts of the body. This is called systemic infection and may even lead to sepsis.
- For some patients, pilonidal sinus can lead to an increased risk of squamous cell carcinoma, which is a type of skin cancer.
Therefore, to avoid any such serious complications, it is extremely important to get medical advice for pilonidal sinus, that too without delay. If you are noticing the symptoms of pilonidal sinus, consult a Pristyn Care doctor for expert advice.
Highly Experienced Surgeons in Coimbatore
Pristyn Care is the super specialist in the field of proctology and works with the best doctors all across India. All our expert doctors are extremely professional and courteous in nature. The proctologists associated with Pristyn Care have years of experience and are skilled in performing the modern treatments. Pristyn Care specialists have treated several cases of pilonidal sinus, even the severest ones, that too without any complications.
How Pristyn Care Is Associated With The Best Hospitals In Coimbatore?
Pristyn Care works in partnership with the best of multi-speciality hospitals in Coimbatore. All the Pristyn Care partner hospitals in Coimbatore have A-quality infrastructure and are fully equipped with the advanced modern technologies. The entire staff at the hospital takes care of the needs and comforts of the patient. The patient gets complete privacy and there are absolutely no hassles for the patient.
Our clinics and the partner hospitals in Coimbatore maintain upgraded measures of safety against coronavirus like thorough sanitization, thermal screening, social distancing, doctors wear PPE kits, etc . Thus it is totally safe to visit Pristyn Care for pilonidal sinus treatment in Coimbatore.
What is the Estimated Cost of Pilonidal Sinus Treatment in Coimbatore?
The estimated cost of pilonidal sinus treatment in Coimbatore can vary as it depends upon the following factors:
- The hospital where the surgery is performed
- The technique/procedure used for treating pilonidal sinus (conventional or advanced laser based)
- Whether or not the hospital charges for extra room and medical expenses
- Coverage of the treatment under insurance claims
At Pristyn Care in Coimbatore, we make it a point to assure that the treatment is affordable for the patient without the treatment quality being compromised. Pristyn Care offers advanced laser treatment for pilonidal sinus at a reasonable cost. The average cost of the pilonidal sinus laser treatment is approx 55,000-60,000. Also, in case the patient has a health insurance policy, the treatment becomes almost cashless for the patient.
Why Laser Treatment for Pilonidal Sinus is a Better Option?
The advanced laser assisted surgery for pilonidal sinus is also known as laser pilonidal plasty. Laser treatment is minimally invasive in nature . In the laser treatment for pilonidal sinus, energy of laser pulses is used to drain and remove the pilonidal sinus. This treatment is way more advanced than the traditional open surgery that is quite painful and invasive in nature.
Benefits of laser treatment for pilonidal sinus are as follows:
- The laser treatment offers a painless (by the use of anesthesia), least invasive and complication-free way to get rid of pilonidal sinus. The chances of infections and post-operative complications are almost nil in the cases of laser treatment for pilonidal sinus.
- Laser treatment for pilonidal sinus is a quick and precise procedure that takes just 30-35 minutes to complete. It is an outpatient/daycare procedure that allows the patient to go back home as soon as the anesthesia wears off.
- The modern laser treatment drains and cures the sinus tract completely. Thus, the chances of recurrence of pilonidal sinus are nil.
- The recovery span for pilonidal sinus laser treatment is fast and smooth. The patient just is just advised to follow a few simple precautions and the diet recommended by the doctor to recover completely in 2-3 days
Why Choose Pristyn Care for Pilonidal Sinus Treatment?
Pristyn Care caters to each and every need of the patient and gives them a seamless surgical experience.
Here are the reasons to choose Pristyn Care for pilonidal sinus treatment in Coimbatore:
- The pilonidal sinus surgeries are only performed by skilled surgeons who are familiar with the usage of advanced techniques of treating the condition. Thus, there is an increased safety of the surgery with a promise of fast and smooth recovery.
- Pristyn Care provides free cab service on the day of the surgery. The free pick up and drop service makes it very easy for the patient to commute to and from the hospital conveniently.
- At Pristyn Care, you can get the benefit of several financial options such as zero cost EMI, cashless transactions, etc. Also, the Pristyn Care team actively participates in the clearance of insurance claims. Thus, the patient and their family do not have to run for insurance claims and can easily avail the treatment.
- Pristyn Care also offers free follow up consultation with the doctor after the surgery. The first follow up with the doctor is within 7 days after the treatment. The free follow-up consultation keeps the doctors updated of the patient’s recovery.
How to Book an Appointment With The Best Treatment Centre In Coimbatore?
People who need to consult our expert doctors for the treatment of pilonidal sinus in Coimbatore can easily get their appointment fixed. You can call us on the abovementioned number or just fill up a contact form on the right hand side with the required details. When you submit the contact form, one of our medical coordinators will get in contact with you in a short while without keeping you waiting. Our medical coordinator will help you in booking the appointment according to your convenience at your nearest Pristyn Care clinic .
You can even download the patient’s app of Pristyn Care. Once you log in the app, it is quite easy to pick the doctor you prefer to consult with and book your appointment then and there only.
Different surgical treatments for pilonidal sinus
Here are the different surgical treatments for pilonidal sinus treatment:
- Laser pilonidal sinus treatment- Laser surgery for pilonidal sinus is the most effective treatment for pilonidal sinus. During the procedure, the proctologist uses a high-intensity laser beam to close off the sinus tract. The doctor removes the entire pit of the pilonidal sinus so that the infection does not recur. It is an easier and higher precision procedure to perform as compared to the earlier mentioned types of open surgery. The treatment procedure requires only one day of dressing as there are no wounds left behind to heal. The laser energy also promotes the faster healing of the site of the surgery. Thus, it takes a very short time to completely recover from laser surgery for the pilonidal sinus.
- Incision and drainage- Incision and drainage is an open surgical procedure recommended mostly when the cyst becomes infected. It is performed with local anesthesia to make the affected area numb. The surgeon makes an incision in the cyst to drain the infectious fluid and pus. The doctor packs the hole with gauze and leaves it open to heal. It can take up to 4-6 weeks to heal the cyst completely.
- Pilonidal cystectomy- Pilonidal cystectomy is the surgical removal of the entire pilonidal cyst. The treatment is performed after administering general/regional anesthesia. The surgeon makes a cut to remove the affected skin along with underlying hair follicles, tissues, and dead cells. If required, the doctor packs the area with surgical gauze. In cases where the infection is severe, the doctor places a tube to drain the fluid from the cyst. The tube is removed when the entire fluid is drained from the cyst.
Are there any risks and complications involved during pilonidal sinus surgery?
If performed under the guidance and supervision of a trained proctologist, surgical treatment for pilonidal sinus will not cause any risks or complications. But, like any other surgery, there might be some complications, although not severe. Some of them are:
- Trauma and bleeding to the site – If the surgery is not performed efficiently, there can be a chance of the anal tissues getting injured. Trauma and injury to the anal tissues can even lead to bleeding. If the surgery is performed by an experienced surgeon, the chances of any injury can be cut down drastically.
- Infection – Like any other surgery, infection is a common side effect/ complication in case of pilonidal sinus surgery too. Infection can lead to nausea and vomiting in the person. Infection, however, is not a very serious problem and can be treated with medicines. The chances of infection in case of open surgery is much higher than in laser surgery.
- Squamous cell carcinoma – A type of skin cancer that occurs due to uncontrolled growth of the squamous cells. The condition is not very common but not unheard of. To prevent such complications, it is extremely important that the surgery is performed by an experienced and trained surgeon.