Get Treatment for All Types of Anal Fistula at Pristyn Care Coimbatore
Proper treatment of anal fistula is necessary to get rid of the infection and alleviate the symptoms as soon as possible. Depending on the exact location, an anal fistula can be of four types:
- Intersphincteric Fistula, which begins in between the space of internal and external sphincter muscles. Its external opening is very close to the anal opening.
- Transsphincteric Fistula begins around the space of the internal and external sphincter or behind the anus. Then, it crosses the external sphincter and forms an opening one or two inches apart from the anal opening. This type of fistula appears in a U-shape or like a horseshoe having external openings on both sides of the anus.
- Suprasphincteric Fistula is a type of fistula in which the tract begins from internal and sphincter muscles and turns upward near the puborectal muscle. It crosses the muscle and extends downward to the levator ani muscle. Finally, the tract opens closer to the anus.
- Extrasphincteric Fistula is the most serious type of fistula. It begins at the rectum or sigmoid colon and passes the levator ani muscle directly. Its opening is also around the anus. It is usually caused by a diverticular abscess, appendiceal abscess, or Crohn’s disease.
The treatment of anal fistula is a delicate procedure. Fortunately, the laser technology allows the surgeons to safely operate on the region with minimal risks and complications. Get in touch with Pristyn Care and find out how the laser surgery is carried out and what are its benefits.
Advanced Laser Treatment for Anal Fistula under Trained Surgeons
Pristyn Care surgeons provide laser fistula treatment in Coimbatore in the most effective way. We have a dedicated team of proctologists and general surgeons who are well-trained in laser-assisted procedure and have many years of experience as well. We provide all the USFDA approved medical tools and equipment to the surgeons to ensure that the surgery is carried out safely.
After surgery, our doctors will also provide a proper diet and recovery plan to the patients so that they can resume the daily activities without affecting their health. Do not hesitate to consult with our doctors who are available round-the-clock to help the patients. You can give us a call or fill the appointment form to get in touch with a medical expert near you.
Choose Pristyn Care for the Best Surgical Experience
At Pristyn Care, patients are out top priority. We aim to meet all their requirements and provide utmost care without any compromise. Pristyn Care makes laser treatment widely accessible, cost-effective, and a comfortable experience for everyone with our services. Some of our top-in-line services are:
- Trained and certified proctologists and general surgeons
- Laser fistula treatment with maximum chances of success
- Best-grade medical care, modern facilities, and assisted surgical experience
- Discounts on diagnostic tests and free stay in a single deluxe room
- Pick and drop service before and after the surgery
- Flexible payment system with finance options
- Free post-surgery follow-ups, diet, and exercise plan
We focus on making the entire treatment journey a hassle-free process for our patients. Hence, one of our representatives will stay in touch 24/7 to provide you assistance. Call us and learn more about our services in Coimbatore.
Rceovery and after care of anal fistula
In most cases, anal fistula surguical sites heal within 5-6 weeks time. The recovery in case of anal fistula is not very complicated if the person follows the advices and recovery tips shared by the anorectal surgeon. You can follow the self-care tips after anal fistula surgery for a seamless recovery:
- Keep the surgical wound clean. Wash the area, pat it dry several times a day. Do not let discharge accumulate in the area.
- If the area pains, consult with a doctor and take medicines. Do not touch the skin. You can also take over-the-counter pills such as painkillers and ibuprofen.
- Change the dressing of the wound at regular intervals. In case there is pus discharge from the site, be extremely gentle while changing teh dressing.
- Indulge in light physical activities. Don’t go sedentary. Gentle exercises will help the wound heal faster.
- Do not indulge in anal sex until the surgical site is completely healed.
What is the recovery timeline after laser surgery for anal fistula?
The recovery timeline after anal fistula laser surgery is not the same for every patient. Most patients recover within 2-3 months but the complete recovery may take anywhere between 1 month to 45 days.
Recovery after 1 month of anal fistula laser surgery
The patient needs to follow the recovery tips and recommendations by the doctor for at least one month after the laser surgery for anal fistula. It is advisable that the patient refrains from doing anything that puts strain on the surgical site. The patient should not eat anything too oily and spicy and consume only fiber-rich food. Diet is a very significant factor that determines the recovery after surgical treatment. The patient should take sitz baths at least 2-3 times a day to keep the surgical area free of any infection and take regular sitz baths.
Recovery after 2 months of laser surgery for anal fistula
After 2 months, the pain from the surgical site will subside. The patient would experience much relief from the pain in and around the wound. But the scars might take some more time to disappear. The patient might get back to normal work life without any major complications and also resume normal dietary habits.
Recovery after 3 months of surgery for anal fistula
After 3 months, the patient would be free from all post-surgery discomfort. There would be no scars at the surgical site and the wound would be healed completely too.