Use Health Insurance to Cover Hernia Operation Cost in Gurgaon
Each health insurance plan is different but provides standard coverage for the treatment of conditions, such as hernia, gallstone, kidney stone, etc. A hernia is a critical illness that can lead to life-threatening complications, such as bowel obstruction, incarceration, or strangulation.
With an insurance policy, the following expenses associated with the treatment are covered-
- Surgeon’s fee
- Hospitalization cost
- Ambulance cost
- Diagnostic tests
- Anesthesia charges
- Post-surgery follow-ups
Depending on the amount of coverage you have in the insurance policy, there may be capping on the limit you can claim for a specific treatment. Therefore, it is crucial that you have ample coverage in the health insurance policy to cover the entire cost of hernia surgery.
How Pristyn Care Simplifies Hernia Surgery in Gurgaon?
Instead of delaying hernia treatment, it is crucial that you seek timely help from hernia specialists in Gurgaon. We leverage the advanced laparoscopic technique and open technique whenever suited to provide effective hernia treatment.
Pristyn Care focuses on delivering best-in-class medical care to the patients who need it the most. That’s why we are partnered with the best hernia hospitals in Gurgaon, where patients can undergo hernia operation and get quality service without any compromise.
How to Book An Appointment with the Best Doctor for Hernia Surgery in Gurgaon
Pristyn Care has an esteemed team of hernia specialists in Gurgaon, and each of them has ample experience in treating all types of hernia with a specialization in laparoscopic surgery. You can book a free appointment with them by using any of the following ways-
- Give us a call on the number given at the top.
- Fill out the “Book Appointment” form and submit your details.
- Download the Pristyn Care mobile application and use it to schedule a doctor’s appointment.
Get in touch with Pristyn Care and we will provide assistance at every step. You will get optimal care at the best hernia hospitals under the care of the best hernia specialist in Gurgaon.
How to prepare for your appointment with a hernia specialist?
Before a hernia operation, the following preparation is required-
- The patient needs to complete all pre-operative tests, including blood work, medical evaluation, chest X-ray, and EKG depending on his/her age and medical condition.
- The potential risks and complications are also identified before the surgery.
- Every patient has to sign a consent form for surgery.
- A shower is recommended on the night before the surgery or the morning of the operation day.
- The doctor will ask the patient not to eat or drink anything before the surgery.
- Drugs or medicines, including aspirin, blood thinners, vitamin E, or anti-inflammatory medications, must be stopped temporarily at least a week prior to the surgery.
- Ask a friend or family member to accompany you on the day of surgery and to help you afterward.
- If you have a habit of smoking, quit it right away to ensure a quick recovery.
Recovery Tips After Hernia Surgery
Immediately after hernia surgery, you will be kept under observation for the next few hours until you regain consciousness. You will most likely be discharged from the hospital on the same day. Therefore, the entire recovery will happen at home. For that, the doctor will provide a detailed guide that will include detailed instructions for recovery-
The doctor will guide you on how to change the bandages and what things should be avoided to reduce the chances of infection and other problems. Keep the incisions clean and dry. Change the dressing regularly as advised by the doctor.
The surgical site will be swollen and bruised after surgery, and to reduce the swelling, the doctor will advise using ice packs or cold compression. This will reduce the swelling very quickly.
After the surgery, you will be on a liquid diet for the next 24 hours. Then, you can return to solid foods the next day or after you have a bowel movement. After that, there won’t be any restrictions on the diet. But the doctor will ask you to eat a healthy diet with fiber-rich foods for smoother bowel movements.
After surgery, the doctor prescribes pain medications, anti-inflammatory medicines, antibiotics, and other necessary medicines. Make sure that you take these medicines as directed to reduce the chances of post-surgery infection or other problems.
The muscle tissues will most likely take at least a month to heal. Thus, the doctor will advise avoiding strenuous physical activities altogether. You can resume activities like walking, climbing stairs, and sitting within a week, but driving is not allowed until you heal completely and stop taking the pain medications.
Having a bowel movement is very important after a hernia operation. This ensures that there is no blockage in the intestine and that the body is functioning correctly. You will probably have the first bowel movement after 2-3 days of surgery. If not, then the doctor may prescribe stool softeners or laxatives.
When to Consult the Hernia Doctor After Surgery?
After a hernia operation, Pristyn Care doctors provide all the necessary information for a faster and smoother recovery. However, in rare cases, some complications may arise after the surgery that can be alarming. Call our hernia specialist in Gurgaon if any of the following symptoms occur-
- Pain increases in the incisions
- Bleeding through incisions
- Inability to urinate within 12 hours
- High fever and chills
- Vomiting and nausea
- Inability to eat anything
- Foul-smelling discharge from the incision
- Pain in the chest or shortness of breath
- Excessive swelling around the incision or groin region
Typically, the doctor will give you a timeline for recovery, during which you will have to come for follow-up consultations. During the follow-ups, the doctor usually lookout for these symptoms. If there are any potential complications, they are addressed right away.