Steps involved in Laparoscopic Hernia Repair Surgery
Laparoscopic or keyhole hernia repair surgery is performed to cure different types of hernias, and the steps involved in the surgery vary from one type of hernia repair to another. Here are the common steps involved in laparoscopic hernia surgery.
- Before shifting the patient to the operation theater, vital signs like blood pressure, heartbeat, respiratory rate, and oxygen levels are monitored.
- Once all the vital signs are stable, the patient is administered with general anesthesia by an anesthesiologist.
- Then, the surgeon makes laparoscopic holes near the site of the hernia.
- Through the laparoscopic holes, a laparoscope is inserted to visualize the defect hernia on a monitor.
- Once the surgeon analyzes the defect, he/she places the hernia mesh over the weak spot of the muscle wall. This mesh provides support and strength to the weak muscle and holds the hernia in place.
What are the long-term results of Hernia surgery?
Hernia repair surgery helps in treating hernia by removing the herniated organ or by placing a mesh over the hernia. Hernia surgery helps in strengthening the weak abdominal wall to hold the organs in their position. Apart from these, hernia surgery involves a few long-term results and, they are:
- Reduce the chances of hernia recurrence
- Can cause long laying pain in the groin
- In rare cases, nerve damage may happen and result in severe pain that can last forever
- Discomfort while lifting a weight by bending the knees
However, hernia surgery can cause a few long-term complications and are:
- Intestinal obstruction
- Painful scars in the abdomen or at the surgical site
- In the case of groin hernia surgery, impotence, testicular atrophy, and hydrocele can be noticed
Expert doctors for Hernia Treatment in Mumbai
Hernia can only be treated with surgical intervention. However, before undergoing surgery, choosing the right doctor or surgeon is important. In Mumbai, Pristyn Care houses several Hernia Specialists who are experts in diagnosing and treating the condition with advanced medical tools and surgical techniques.
All our Hernia Specialists have more than ten  years of medical experience. Both our medical and non-medical staff work round the clock to ensure the safety of the patient. Our doctors are available 24x7 and provide the utmost care to all patients.
To consult the best Hernia Doctor in Mumbai, you can visit Pristyn Care, where you can undergo the safest Hernia Repair Surgery at an affordable cost.
Safest Hernia Treatment in Mumbai at Pristyn Care
A hernia occurs when the muscle wall becomes weak, and the internal organs start pushing against it or protruding or bulging out of their original place. It is treated or cured with a surgical method. In Mumbai, one can undergo the safest Hernia Treatment from Pristyn Care at an affordable cost.
All our Hernia Specialists use advanced laparoscopic surgical techniques to treat the hernia. Also, we provide several medical services and facilities to ease your surgical journey at our partnered hospitals. To know more about the most reliable and successful hernia treatment in Mumbai, you can call us or book an appointment with our doctors.
How is Pristyn Care associated with top hernia hospitals in Mumbai?
Pristyn care has collaborated with top hospitals in Mumbai and provides the latest operative facilities for hernia patients. Our surgeons offer the safest and painless laparoscopic hernia surgery at our partnered hospitals. If you need to undergo hernia surgery in Mumbai, Pristyn Care provides well-experienced hernia surgeons and performs hernia surgery at the top hospitals of Mumbai. You get treated for hernia in Mumbai at best-in-class hospitals with the latest medical facilities and provide the utmost care.
Why Pristyn Care for Hernia Treatment in Mumbai?
Most of the patients in Mumbai visit our partnered hospitals to get cured of hernia because of the facilities we provide them.
- Confidential consultations with expert Hernia Specialists
- Free pick up and drop services on the day of the hernia treatment or the surgery
- Care buddy assists the patient during the process of hospitalization
- Advanced and USFDA approved surgical techniques to cure the disease
- A dedicated team takes care of insurance [100% insurance coverage]
- Free follow-up and diet consultations after the surgery
To know more about the facilities provided by us and to consult the best hernia doctor in Mumbai, you can visit us.
How to book an appointment with Hernia Doctors at Pristyn Care, Mumbai?
It is easy to book an appointment with our doctors in Mumbai. You can either call the phone number or fill in the form that is on this page. Then, one of our medical coordinators will call you back to get basic details like your name, age, and gender. Later, our coordinator will book an appointment with the best doctor at your nearest location.
Preparation before hernia surgery
- Preparation before hernia surgery includes medical evaluation, chest x-ray, and certain specific tests depending on your overall health and medical conditions.
- After consultation with your doctor, discussing the benefits and possible complications of the surgery, you will need to give written consent for the surgery.
- It's recommended that you take the shower the night before or the morning of the surgery.
- If you face problems such as difficulties moving your bowels or anemia - similar preparation may be used after consulting with your doctor.
- If you take drugs such as aspirin, blood thinners, anti-inflammatory medications (arthritis medications), and certain vitamins, they should be stopped for the first few days of your surgery.
- Keep your stomach empty. Don't eat anything not even water after midnight or the night before your hernia surgery. The risk of developing complications increases during or after your surgery if you eat or drink anything before the surgery.
- You can take the medicines that your doctor has told are permissible to take with a sip of water the morning of the surgery.
- Arrange someone for help after your surgery. Plan to have someone who can drive you home post-surgery.
- Quit or reduce smoking and consuming alcohol and arrange for any help that you may need at home.
By keeping all the above-mentioned points, you can easily prepare for hernia surgery and ensure it to be successful.
When to call or meet your doctor after hernia surgery
After undergoing hernia surgery, you may notice slight drainage, bruising, or slight swelling around the incision. However, this is normal and you don’t need to worry about it. Likewise, it's also normal to have a lump or hardness under or near the incision. You may also have bruising and some swelling of the genitalia, which is not uncommon.
However, call your doctor immediately if you experience any of the following signs or symptoms:-
- Increased incisional pain, bleeding, or redness.
- Inability to urinate within 12 hours
- High fever with chills
- Inability to tolerate diet due to nausea and vomiting that won't go away.
- Foul-smelling discharge from the incision area
- Chest pain or shortness of breath
- Excessive swelling around the incision or in the scrotum
Factors deciding the overall cost of hernia surgery
The average cost of hernia surgery ranges between Rs. 30,000 to Rs. 100000. However, this is not a fixed cost. Several factors affect the final cost of hernia surgery such as:-
- 01. Type of hernia There are six types of hernia known as inguinal hernia, umbilical hernia, femoral hernia, hiatal hernia, epigastric hernia, and incisional hernia. The type of hernia you are suffering from also determines the overall cost of your surgery.
- 02. Type of surgery Hernia surgery is mainly done in two ways known as open surgery and laparoscopic surgery. The average cost of open surgery for a hernia in Mumbai ranges between Rs. 30,000 to 60,000. The average cost of laparoscopic surgery for a hernia in Mumbai ranges between Rs. 50,000 to 100000.
- 03. Surgeon's experience A surgeon's experience also plays a significant role in finalizing the overall cost of the surgery. Usually, the fee of an experienced surgeon is way higher than the fee of the surgeon with minimum or no experience.
- 04. Hospitalization Hospitalization can immensely affect the overall cost of hernia surgery. Whether you need hospitalization after hernia surgery or not depends on several factors such as the type of hernia surgery you are undergoing, your overall health, etc. Laparoscopic surgery is a daycare procedure where you don't need hospitalization.
Apart from all the above, many factors are there that significantly affect the overall cost of hernia surgery such as medication post-procedure and follow-up meetings with the surgeon.
Benefits of laparoscopic hernia surgery
Laparoscopic surgery is considered the best method to treat hernia as it's a modern and advanced way to treat the problem. If you are suffering from a hernia and seeking the best and painless treatment in Mumbai, you should consider opting for this advanced painless and bloodless procedure.
The following are the top benefits of choosing laparoscopic surgery for hernia treatment.
Small incisions — Laparoscopic surgery involves small incisions. Therefore, the risk of bleeding or infection diminishes. Also, this procedure doesn't result in wounds or scars.
- Laparoscopic surgery is the best procedure if you want to get rid of a hernia without any fear of pain, bleeding, infection, or other complications.
- No risk of complications — During laparoscopic surgery, the surgeon uses a medical instrument called a laparoscope that has a small camera and light on one end.
- With the help of the camera and light, the surgeon sees the inside of the abdomen and performs the surgery precisely, diminishing the risk of complications.
- High success rate — The success rate of laparoscopic hernia surgery is as high as 95-98 percent and the risk of complications is as low as almost zero. However, one thing you should keep in mind is that you choose an experienced and reliable surgeon for laparoscopic hernia surgery.
- Recovery — Above all, the best part of laparoscopic hernia surgery is that it promotes quick, painless, and comfortable recovery unlike open surgery of hernia. You can resume your daily routine within 2-3 days but complete recovery may take around 2-3 weeks.
If you seeking to get rid of your hernia is the safest and way, you can get in touch with Pristyn Care.