What are some reasons women prefer hymenoplasty?
Hymenoplasty or hymen repair surgery is a cosmetic surgical procedure to repair a torn hymen. The reasons for getting a hymenoplasty done could vary from emotional, physical to psychological. Here are some of the common reasons why women get hymenoplasty done.
Bury her past – Many teenagers indulge in sexual activities out of curiosity and peer pressure. Most teenage relationships do not materialize as the individuals grow up and they feel regretful of indulging in sexual intimacies in the past. To bury the evidence of the past, most women resort to revirginization as a new beginning in life.
Psychological comfort – Many women, unfortunately, lose their virginity due to sexual assaults which leave behind a traumatic psychological impact in their minds. They often feel being robbed of the virginal gist which they preserve to experience with their partners. Getting a hymen repair not only offers them the restoration of what they have lost but also marks a way of psychological comfort and healing.
Cultural and social beliefs – In India, sex is taboo, and there’s no denying that. Women who lose virginity to any men other than their husbands are most often considered impure and a disgrace to the family. An intact hymen is an important aspect of marriage in Indian society. Hence, many women turn up to gynecologists to get a repaired hymen so that they can provide what is considered as ‘proof of purity’ to their husbands.
A gift – Many women consider their virginity as an intimate wedding gift for their partners. Many sexually active women come to gynecology experts because they wish to gift a virginal experience to their partner on the wedding night. Here is where hymenoplasty comes to the rescue.
Get the most advanced Hymenoplasty in Mumbai at Pristyn Care
The hymen is a ring-shaped membrane in the vagina which is often considered to be a mark of virginity and purity. However, this is not entirely logical. The hymen is a physical element, whereas virginity is a state of a person who has never indulged in sexual intercourse. Virginity is more of a social concept. So, associating a woman’s dignity and honor with virginity is illogical.
Apart from sexual intercourse, the hymen can rupture due to a variety of reasons like strenuous exercise, yoga stretching, horse riding, gymnastics, etc. It is also possible that the hymen may just stretch and not rupture even during sexual penetration. In such cases, bleeding does not occur and conservative people can start raising questions and doubts. It is emotionally very difficult and stressful for any woman to entertain such doubts. Therefore, in order to avoid these questions, some women prefer to undergo hymen reconstruction through hymenoplasty.
Women in Mumbai who want to restore their virginity can now contact Pristyn Care and consult with our experienced gynecologists. Pristyn Care promises complete privacy and assures that the information regarding the patient, surgery and other details will remain confidential. At our clinics and hospitals in Mumbai, our gynecologists will not only provide you with surgical treatment but also provide compassionate care throughout your treatment journey.
What precautions to take at home after hymen repair surgery?
Any woman who undergoes hymen repair surgery or revirginization surgery should follow these tips for safe recovery:
- Follow all the recovery instructions as directed by your gynecologist in Mumbai.
- You will be given anti-inflammatory medicines for recovery. Try not to miss taking any of them.
- Do not take shower for at least 2 days after the surgery.
- If you want to clean your perineum area, use mild soap and lukewarm water.
- DO not douch or put anything inside the vagina.
- For the next 10-14 days, makes sure to clean your perineal area after urinating or passing stool.
- Take enough rest and limit your physical activities after the hymen repair surgery.
- You may have reddish-brown vaginal discharge for 7-10 days after the hymen repair surgery. Do not use tampons or menstrual cups, instead use a sanitary napkin.
- Do not smoke or consume alcohol after the surgery for at least 10 days.
- Drink enough water and stay hydrated.
- Avoid spicy food.
- If you notice swelling or redness around the surgical site or feel feverish, consult with your doctor.
Why is Hymenoplasty considered the best option to repair a hymen?
The advanced hymenoplasty procedure is very effective and restores the hymen without any major problems. Hymenoplasty procedure offers the following benefits:
- Restores the hymen tissues and makes the woman feel young again
- The procedure is very short and takes only around an hour to complete
- The woman can return home 5-6 hours after the procedure.
- The sutures are dissolvable and fade away in a week or so.
- There are no major complications associated with hymenoplasty surgery.
- The woman does not need to follow any major restrictions and the recovery is very quick.
How to book an appointment with the best treatment center in Mumbai for hymenoplasty?
Booking an appointment slot with a Pristyn Care doctor at any clinic for Revirginization is not a difficult task at all. If you want to get an expert consultation from a Pristyn Care specialist, you can book an appointment through any of the following methods:
Fill in the required details in the form on the right side and then submit it. Upon submitting the form, a medical coordinator from Pristyn Care will get in touch with you at the earliest. You can also give us a call on the number provided and talk to our medical coordinators directly. The medical coordinator will confirm your preferences and then set up an appointment at your convenience.
Download the patient care app of Pristyn Care and book an appointment with a doctor of your choice. On the day of the appointment, go to the doctor’s clinic and discuss the problem openly.
How to prepare for hymenoplasty?
- Choose the right doctor: While hymenoplasty can be done by both- gynecologists and plastic surgeons, an OB-GYN with experience in cosmetic gyne surgeries is the safest choice.
- Carry age-proof: As an eligibility criteria, you are required to be at least 18+ years of age before undergoing hymenoplasty. This is why we suggest you carry your age proof along.
- Know your rights: You do not need approval from your partner/ parent in case of hymenoplasty or any cosmetic surgeries. Your own written consent is enough. (Provided, you are above 18 years of age. )
However, we encourage you to discuss your needs, and expectations thoroughly. This would help you make a better and informed decision.
- Discuss your current health and medications: We suggest you thoroughly discuss your health, current medications and supplements (if any) with your doctor. You might be required to stop taking some medications before the procedure, else they risk interfering with the healing.
- Keep a track: Keep a detailed track of your period cycle and go prepared on your last 3-4 menstrual dates and days of periods. This would help you plan the right time for the treatment. The best time to plan hymenoplasty is 2 days after your last period cycle.
What are the risks of hymenoplasty procedure?
When performed under safe medical conditions and by trained gynecologists, hymenoplasty is a typically safe and minimum risk surgery. However, as with any surgery, hymenoplasty too comes with a few risks of complications. These include-
- Prolonged bleeding
- Pelvic/ vaginal infection
- Anaesthetic complications
Please note that these complications are extremely rare and commonly treatable with minimally invasive surgery.
What are the different types of hymen?
Hymens come in a variety of shapes and sizes. There is no such thing as a one-size-fits-all hymen. There are five different types of hymen, according to medical classification:
- Normal – Commonly hymens have a crescent-shaped entrance
- Cribriform hymen – Hymen with numerous small apertures for menstrual blood to flow through.
- Imperforate hymen – Hymen with no opening.
- Micro perforated hymen – Hymen with a tiny aperture
- Septate hymens have a thin tissue band running through the middle.
Can virginity pills or hymen repair kits give a virginity effect?
No. In fact, you must refrain from such over-the-counter products as they may do more harm than good. Vagina, as you know, is a very delicate and sensitive organ. Inserting anything while the ingredients are not researched, may disturb its Ph balance and cause dryness. This would then risk tear or rupture during intercourse and itchiness and bacterial infection afterward.
If you seek a reconstructed hymen, hymen repair is the best, most common, and medically verified method. It is:
- Less than the 30-minute procedure
- Has no major risks/ complications
- Is undetectable after 1-2 months.
What kind of aftercare is required following a hymenoplasty procedure?
After your procedure, your doctor may recommend a few hours of monitoring. If there are no issues, you will be discharged within 2-3 hours and you will be able to return to work within 2-4 days.
Some post-care tips that may help you are:
- As you clean your vaginal area, do not wipe. Only gently pat dry.
- Keep the area clean and free of moisture.
- If you experience any itching or swelling as you heal, we suggest you use warm compresses and ice packs to relieve the discomfort.
- Avoid head shower or extended baths for atleast 2–3 days after.
- You must not have sex for at least 8 weeks after the procedure.
- As you bleed/ menstruate, use only soft sanitary pads. Do not use tampons/ anything penetrative in nature.
- Do not eat anything too spicy. It could trigger irritation and inflammation in your gastrointestinal pipe.
- Drink a lot of water. Keep yourself hydrated. It would help you heal.
- Eat meals with high fiber content. It will help make your bowel movements easier.
How to choose the best doctor for your hymenoplasty surgery?
We suggest you:
- Ask for a friend/ or your primary health care provider’s referral.
- Look for your doctor’s specific qualifications, accreditations, and specialized experience in hymenoplasty surgery.
- Read through the net and different patient reviews thoroughly. You could also confirm through third-party sites.
- Have a direct consultation with your doctor. See how patiently they listen, and understand your specific needs and requirements. The more clarity they bring to you on the surgery procedure, the better your doctor is.
What should I ask my doctor before undergoing hymenoplasty?
Some questions you should consider asking your doctor before hymenoplasty surgery are:
- What are your qualifications and specialized experience in cosmetic gynecology?
- Are there any risks/ complications associated with hymenoplasty surgery?
- Does hymenoplasty affect my ability for childbirth?
- Are there any guidelines I should follow to prepare for a hymenoplasty procedure?
- How long would the recovery take?
- When can I resume my sex life after hymenoplasty surgery?
- How should I take care after the hymenoplasty procedure?
- When can I resume office after hymenoplasty surgery?
- What are the different payment options you have?