What are The Different Methods of Performing an Abortion?
The different methods available for abortion are related to each other. The methods can be suggested by the doctor as a standalone procedure or combination according to requirement. The most common methods used for abortion are explained below:
D&E stands for dilation and evacuation. This procedure is done for ending a pregnancy in the second trimester, i.e., after the 14th week of pregnancy. This method of abortion is chosen when a woman has to terminate the pregnancy due to severe abnormality in the fetus or some medical problem.
It is done through a combination of two techniques, i.e., vacuum aspiration and D&C. At first, the doctor dilates the cervix and then forceps are used to remove the fetus and placenta with the help of suction. Then a scoop-like instrument called a curette is used to scrape out the uterus lining.
It stands for dilation and curettage. It is a minor surgical procedure in which the cervix is dilated and a curette is used to remove the inner lining of the uterus.
RPOC stands for retained products of conception. It refers to the fetal or placental tissues that remain in the uterus after pregnancy is terminated. It usually happens when the pregnancy ends in the first few weeks. Most commonly, RPOC is required when abortion is done using medicines or pills. If the contents of the uterus are not emptied properly, then RPOC is done using the dilation and curettage (D&C) technique.
Along with these methods, there are other techniques available that can be used for medical termination of pregnancy, such as labor induction abortion and late-term abortions. No matter what method is used for the procedure, there are always some risks associated with it. Therefore, it is crucial that you contact a reliable daycare provider like Pristyn Care and get personalized care under dedicated and professional gynecologists.
Get the Safest Abortion (MTP) in Delhi
Even in today’s time, unsafe abortions continue to be one of the major causes of maternal deaths in India. According to studies conducted by multiple organizations such as BMJ (Britsih Medical Journal), WHO (World Health Organization), etc on an average 9-13 women in India lose their lives due to abortion related complications every day. Therefore, to avoid any risk to the life of the woman, it becomes very important to ensure that the abortion procedure is performed in a medically safe manner.
Women in Delhi can now undergo safe abortion procedure at Pristyn Care. Pristyn Care is associated with the most experienced medical practitioners and the best-reputed hospitals in Delhi. The abortion procedures are performed only by experienced gynecologists and we assure you a safe and trustworthy pregnancy termination procedure.
What Is The Need For Abortion (MTP)?
Becoming a mother is a great responsibility and a woman may not always be ready to bear all these responsibilities. In such a condition, the woman can choose to undergo abortion.
In India, abortions are legally allowed in the following cases:
- The pregnancy can have adverse effects on the woman’s physical or mental well-being.
- The growth of the fetus is abnormal and chances of deformities after birth are high.
- The woman is pregnant as a result of rape or sexual assault.
- The pregnancy is a result of failure of contraception.
- Conception and development of the fetus occuring outside the uterus (in the fallopian tube). It is called ectopic pregnancy in medical terms.
Highly Experienced Doctors For Safe Abortion In Delhi
Pristyn Care takes into account all the legalities of the MTP act for the abortion procedure. At Pristyn Care in Delhi, we have a team of certified gynecologists who are licensed to perform the abortion procedure. This ensures a 100% legal and safe pregnancy termination for the woman. Also, we understand that some women may have apprehensions about the effectiveness of the procedure. In such a situation, the patient can discuss the issue at length with the doctor and go ahead with the procedure once they are completely convinced.
How Pristyn Care is associated with the best hospitals in Delhi?
Pristyn Care works in association with the most well-reputed hospitals in Delhi. All the partner hospitals across Delhi are optimally equipped with the latest treatment techniques. Also, all the protocols of sanitization, thermal screening and social distancing to prevent COVID-19 are strictly followed at all the hospitals and clinics of Pristyn Care in Delhi.
The doctors along with the other staff members at the hospital are quite courteous and attentive towards the need of each and every patient. Thus, it is our collective effort at Pristyn Care to provide the patient with the seamless experience of treatment without any fears or apprehensions.
Why Is Medically Safe Abortion A Better Option?
Medically safe abortion allows a woman to get free from the undesired/harmful conception without any health complications. A woman should be aware of the unforeseen troubles that are common in the cases of unsafe abortions.
An unsafe abortion can cause the following complications:
- Nausea, vomiting, fever and chills as a sign of infection.
- Inflammatory disorder in the pelvic region.
- The presence of blood clot(s) and perforations in the uterus.
- Requirement for an additional surgical procedure to completely terminate the pregnancy in about 8-10% of cases.
- In several cases, the cervix is also found to be torn or lacerated.
Why Choose Pristyn Care For Safe Abortion?
- Skilled gynecologists- Abortions can be performed only by certified and registered medical practitioners. Pristyn Care has a team of the best gynecologists who are certified under the MTP act. The gynecologists and surgeons are well trained and you can entrust them for a complication-free procedure.
- Free of cost pickup and drop service- Pristyn Care is dedicated towards making the patients’ medical experience absolutely seamless. To add to the convenience of the patient, Pristyn Care provides free pick up and drop facility on the day of the treatment so that the patient does not face any problems while commuting.
- High standards of hygiene- At Pristyn Care we understand the importance of sanitation in today’s times. Therefore, all our hospitals have raised the standards of hygiene and sanitation and all the COVID-19 safety protocols are strictly followed.
- Care buddy from Pristyn Care- If you require to undergo the abortion procedure at a Pristyn Care hospital, the hospital assigns you a Care Buddy. The Care Buddy takes care of all the needs of the patients and assists them till the end of the procedure.
Experienced and Skilled Gynecologists for Medicallly Safe Abortion
Pristyn Care houses highly experienced and skilled gynecologists in Delhi. The gynecologists are well-trained in conducting the advanced procedures for terminating a pregnancy. In addition to being experts in the field of gynecology, Pristyn Care gynecologists are very courteous so the patient can open up to them without hesitation and discuss the entire situation clearly with them. Clear and detailed communication with the doctor ensures that the patient is given the most appropriate treatment.
What Is The Estimated Cost Of an Abortion in Delhi?
The cost of undergoing any medical procedure can depend upon a number of factors. This is true for abortions as well. The cost of abortions in Delhi can vary in accordance to the following factors:
- The medical practitioner/healthcare provider chosen
- The type of abortion procedure required
- Hospital expenses
- Extra medical charges, if any
At Pristyn Care, we understand that the financial aspect is a crucial part of the medical procedure. We provide the safest and best-in-class pregnancy termination procedure in Delhi at a very reasonable cost. And to add to your convenience, you do not need to pay any extra hospital or medical charges.
How To Book Appointment with the Best Treatment Center in Delhi?
Booking an appointment with a Pristyn Care clinic for expert consultation on abortion is fairly easy. You can book the appointment through any of the following modes:
- Fill and submit the details through the contact form on the right. Or give us a call on the number provided. A medical representative gets in touch with you and you can then discuss the appointment date and time as per your convenience.
- If you want to contact the doctor through the comfort of your home, you can download the Pristyn Care app and book an online appointment through the app itself.