How are refractive errors diagnosed?
When you visit an eye specialist or an ophthalmologist to get your eyes checked, they perform a series of tests to evaluate your complete eye health. These tests include-
- Wavefront Analysis measures the refractive power of each eye individually.
- Corneal Topography creates a 3D map of the cornea and divides it into equal parts for precise correction.
- Pachymetry Test is done to measure the corneal thickness. This test helps to determine which is the appropriate thickness for the flap and the amount of tissues that can be removed safely during LASIK.
- Dry Eye Test is done to evaluate what are the chances of developing dry eye syndrome after LASIK. A thin sheet of paper is placed in the eye to check the volume and quality of tears.
- Cycloplegic Refraction Test is done to get your ideal prescription and to calibrate the laser machine accordingly.
Each of these tests has a special significance in determining if LASIK surgery is safe for you. These tests also help to predict the chances of complications after surgery. To learn more about these tests, you can talk to our best LASIK surgeons in Patna.
Who is the right candidate for LASIK surgery?
You should know that LASIK surgery is not suitable for everyone. Many people are not the right candidate due to which they have to opt for alternative techniques, such as PRK, ICL, etc. for vision correction.
There is a well-defined criterion that every LASIK surgeon uses to determine whether a person is a right candidate for LASIK. The criteria include-
- Your eyes must be healthy, i.e., you must not have any underlying eye disease.
- The cornea must have sufficient thickness so that it can be reshaped to correct the refractive error.
- The pupils must not be too large as it can increase post-surgery complications, such as halos, glares, etc.
- Your eye power should be stable for at least one year.
- You must be old enough, i.e., at least 18 years old for LASIK surgery.
- You must not be pregnant or breastfeeding.
The eye specialist will diagnose you thoroughly to confirm that you are a good candidate and that the LASIK treatment is safe for you.
Types of LASIK in Patna Performed At Pristyn Care
Whether you want to undergo blade LASIK, bladeless LASIK, or premium LASIK surgery, Pristyn Care has all the latest technologies available so that you can choose from the best options.
The different types of LASIK surgery performed by our specialists in Patna include-
- Conventional LASIK is the most common type of LASIK surgery in Nagpur. It involves using a scalpel to create the flap and then reshaping the corneal tissues by using the excimer laser.
- SBK (Sub-Bowman’s Keratomileusis) is also known as thin-flap LASIK. A very thin flap is created to access the corneal tissues. It preserves the corneal tissues and strengthens them.
- Femtosecond LASIK is a bladeless procedure in which the femtosecond laser is used to create the flap and the cornea is reshaped using the excimer laser. It provides fast visual recovery and provides aspheric treatment as well.
- SMILE (Small Incision Lenticule Extraction) LASIK is another bladeless LASIK surgery that is suggested for people with a high risk of dry eyes. In this type of LASIK, only a femtosecond laser is used to create a lenticule and reshape the cornea.
- Contoura Vision LASIK is the premium type of LASIK where Femto laser, excimer laser, and topolyser are used to correct refractive power, remove corneal aberrations, and provide aspheric treatment. It involves creating a 3D map of the cornea and dividing it into 22,000 points. The laser focuses precisely on these 22,000 points to correct vision problems.
Under the care of Pristyn Care’s LASIK surgeons, you can opt for any of these types of LASIK surgery in Patna and achieve perfect vision.
Talk to Pristyn Care’s Best LASIK Surgeon in Patna
Before you decide to undergo LASIK surgery, it is important to have a detailed discussion with a specialist. Similar to other surgical procedures, LASIK also has some risks and complications. It is crucial that you understand what the surgery entails. And only an expert can describe everything clearly.
At Pristyn Care, we have an esteemed team of LASIK surgeons who have helped thousands of people to regain clear vision. Our doctors have more than 10 years of experience in treating refractive errors, including myopia, hyperopia, and astigmatism. They are skilled in all the latest technologies and have ample knowledge to carry out the procedure successfully. You can rely on our experts to help you prepare for the LASIK treatment in Patna.
How to find the best hospital for LASIK surgery in Patna?
Finding the best LASIK eye surgery hospital in Patna is a challenging task. Every city has numerous hospitals with different levels of amenities. And every patient has different criteria for choosing the hospital or clinic to undergo LASIK eye surgery in Patna. Here are some key points that must be considered while making the decision-
- Quality of Service– Check how well the hospital staff tends to you and observe the environment closely. A good clinic or hospital follows the standard safety and hygiene protocols strictly and pays attention to the patient’s needs.
- Patient Experience- Do not forget to review the testimonials and reviews given by the previous patients. This will give you an insight into how the patients are treated at the hospitals.
- Treatment Cost- Every clinic and hospital charges a fixed amount for the treatments. You need to compare the treatment cost at different LASIK centers to find the one which is more affordable and provides optimal care without compromising the quality of service.
- Technology- Different techniques are used to perform LASIK surgery. And all medical centers don’t have all the latest technologies available. For instance, a LASIK center may use an excimer laser while others may use a femtosecond laser. So, make sure that you choose a clinic that has all technologies and doesn’t restrict your options for the type of LASIK.
Keep the above-mentioned points in mind and discuss them with your choice of doctor to make an informed decision.
LASIK Surgery After Care
Pristyn Care doctors provide a detailed recovery guide to ensure that you recover quickly and smoothly. Keep in mind that the outcome of LASIK surgery depends on the aftercare to a great extent. The ideal recovery time is one month during which you will have to take extensive care of the eyes and follow every advice and suggestion given by your doctor.
Some common care tips after LASIK surgery includes-
- Avoid touching or rubbing your eyes as it can cause irritation and displace the flap.
- Use eye drops as directed by the doctor for quick healing and to avoid side effects, such as dry eyes.
- Keep your eyes protected from dust, dirt, UV rays, and even from strong chemicals that produce gas as they can cause irritation in the eyes.
- Do not indulge in physical exercises or any kind of sports that can put a strain on the eyes or damage them.
- Avoid using soap, hair, and makeup products for the first few days after surgery.
- Give your eyes enough rest and don’t watch digital screens, including TV, mobile phone, laptop, etc.
- Do not take showers, bathe in hot tubs, or swim for at least a week.
- Eat a healthy diet composed of fresh fruits, green leafy vegetables, and fiber-rich foods that are beneficial for overall eye health.
- Take regular follow-ups with the doctor to ensure that your eyes are healing properly and there are no signs of potential complications.
To undergo LASIK surgery in Patna, give us a call and connect with the best LASIK surgeons near you.