Piles Treatment At Pristyn Care
Pristyn Care offers excellent treatment and compassionate post-surgery care for the patients having anal fistula. We have surgical experts with more than 12 years of experience who perform detailed diagnosis and proper treatment to avoid the problem from occurring again. At Pristyn Care, you can get the best laser treatment for anal fistula in Patna.
As per the study conducted in 2015-2016, 40% of the population is rural in Patna and out of this 15% are patients of anal fistula, mostly found in males. To compound the problem, a majority of the population in Patna has suboptimal access to healthcare. To give proper treatment, Pristyn Care offers the most advanced laser treatment to make the city disease-free.
- Constant pain which gets worse when sitting, walking or coughing
- Irritation of the skin around the anus which causes redness and swelling
- Blood and pus discharge
- Pain during bowel movement
- Smelly discharge from the anus
- A person facing a problem controlling his or her bowel movements
In a quest to be at par, Pristyn Care provides the most advanced laser treatment for anal fistula. We have experts who treat even the most complicated fistula in a single setting by laser treatment to offer effective, minimally invasive, safer and least painful treatment. The treatment of anal fistula with laser coagulation causes the fistula to collapse and subsequently heal, without having to add any external materials. The laser surgery is preferred over traditional procedures due to the following reasons:
- Quicker relief and recovery
- Painless procedure
- Can resume normal activities within 24 hours
- Short hospital stay
- No cuts and no wounds
- Excellent cosmetic results
Recovery and after care of anal fistula
In most cases, anal fistula surgical sites heal within 5-6 weeks time. The recovery in case of anal fistula is not very complicated if the person follows the advices and recovery tips shared by the anorectal surgeon. You can follow the self-care tips after anal fistula surgery for a seamless recovery:
- Keep the surgical wound clean. Wash the area, pat it dry several times a day. Do not let discharge accumulate in the area.
- If the area pains, consult with a doctor and take medicines. Do not touch the skin. You can also take over-the-counter pills such as painkillers and ibuprofen.
- Change the dressing of the wound at regular intervals. In case there is pus discharge from the site, be extremely gentle while changing teh dressing.
- Indulge in light physical activities. Don’t go sedentary. Gentle exercises will help the wound heal faster.
- Do not indulge in anal sex until the surgical site is completely healed.
What is the recovery timeline after laser surgery for anal fistula?
The recovery timeline after anal fistula laser surgery is not the same for every patient. Most patients recover within 2-3 months but the complete recovery may take anywhere between 1 month to 45 days.
Recovery after 1 month of anal fistula laser surgery
The patient needs to follow the recovery tips and recommendations by the doctor for at least one month after the laser surgery for anal fistula. It is advisable that the patient refrains from doing anything that puts strain on the surgical site. The patient should not eat anything too oily and spicy and consume only fiber-rich food. Diet is a very significant factor that determines the recovery after surgical treatment. The patient should take sitz baths at least 2-3 times a day to keep the surgical area free of any infection and take regular sitz baths.
Recovery after 2 months of laser surgery for anal fistula
After 2 months, the pain from the surgical site will subside. The patient would experience much relief from the pain in and around the wound. But the scars might take some more time to disappear. The patient might get back to normal work life without any major complications and also resume normal dietary habits.
Recovery after 3 months of surgery for anal fistula
After 3 months, the patient would be free from all post-surgery discomfort. There would be no scars at the surgical site and the wound would be healed completely too.