Get the most Advanced Eardrum Repair treatment in Kochi
ENT disorders are among the common causes that take people to visit an ENT specialist in Kochi. Ears are delicate organs and can get infected or hurt by loud noise, an injury or polluted water. Moreover, among the ENT disorders that happen by a virus, or an infection, otitis media, ear pain, and tonsillitis are most common. It’s no surprise that a lot of people tend to wait for benign ear disorders to get better on their own but this should not be the case. If you are suffering from any ENT disorder or feeling symptoms of ENT disorders such as ear pain, discharge or hearing loss, call Pristyn Care to make an appointment with the best ENT specialists in Kochi for you.
Visit Pristyn Care in Kochi to get the Modern Eardrum Treatment
The increasing cases of ENT disorders are indicating the need for better healthcare service providers. If you have any hearing issues, you should check in with the best ENT doctor in Kochi and consult whether you require a tympanoplasty surgery or not. In this day and age, people have no time to take care of them. In addition, bad eating habits make it worse. The combined factors are leading to problems of the ear in both children and adults. If left untreated, the problem may become chronic. So, if you are suffering from hearing problems, ear pain or ringing in the ear, you can consult with the best ENT doctor at Pristyn Care clinic for tympanoplasty surgery in Kochi.
Are there any potential complications of tympanoplasty?
Tympanoplasty is an advanced procedure that is performed with the help of the latest medical technology and has lower chances of complication as compared to conventional techniques. However, like any other surgeries there are some potential complications of tympanoplasty as well, in rare cases:
- Change or loss of hearing ability
- Reduced sense of taste
- Dryness in the mouth
- Dizziness post tympanoplasty operation
- Ringing or tinnitus in the ear
- Failure of the graft used during tympanoplasty surgery
Different Types of Tympanoplasty
As reported in NCBI, according to the Wullstein Classification, tympanoplasty has five types depending on their severity and advanced symptoms:
- Type 1- Repair of the tympanic membrane alone, no abnormality of the middle ear.
- Type 2- Repair of the tympanic membrane and middle ear due to malleus that usually gets eroded. In this type, tympanoplasty includes grafting the tympanic membrane to the incus.
- Type 3- Repair of the tympanic membrane onto the stapes head, in this type the malleus and incus have a defect.
- Type 4- The tympanic membrane is grafted to the stapes footplate, which is movable.
- Type 5- Repair involves the stapes footplate, which is fixed.