Do’s and Don’ts after shoulder repair surgery.
After the surgery, you need to take good care of your shoulder to ensure proper healing. Tips for faster recovery after rotator cuff repair are:
- Use a sling for 4-6 weeks after the surgery.
- Keep your shoulder immobile. Do not perform any reaching, lifting, pushing, or pulling motions during the first 5-6 weeks after the operation.
- If it feels too uncomfortable, you can remove the sling for a little while several times a day to straighten your elbow.
- Keep up with your physiotherapy exercises and post-operative medication.
- Eat light meals, especially on the day before the surgery.
- Apply an ice-pack to the surgical site for 48-72 hours after the surgery two to three times a day.
- Keep your dressing for the recommended amount of time. Make sure to follow up with your surgeon.
- If there is any redness, inflammation, swelling, or bleeding from the incision site, then immediately contact your doctor.
How is arthroscopic rotator cuff operation performed?
The surgery is performed in the following steps:
- Depending on several factors, such as the severity of the symptoms, the patient’s condition, the surgeon’s preference, etc., the surgery may be performed under general or local anaesthesia.
- The surgeon creates a couple of tiny incisions. An arthroscope is inserted through the first incision through which the surgeon inspects all the rotator cuff tissues and damage to the tissue.
- Through the second incision, the surgeon inserts operative instruments to bring the tendons’ edges together and attach them together using small rivets or sutures called anchors to attach the tendons to the bone.
- The rotator cuff repair anchors are made of either metal or plastic and do not need to be removed after the surgery.
Minimally invasive arthroscopic shoulder repair at Pristyn Care
Pristyn Care is associated with the best orthopedic surgeons in Kolkata who have ample experience in performing arthroscopic rotator cuff surgery in Kolkata without any complications. Arthroscopic rotator cuff surgery is a minimally invasive surgery that does not involve any significant trauma to the surrounding tissues. The procedure is usually performed for rotator cuff injuries due to :
- Muscular degeneration due to repetitive motions
- Sudden jerking motion like falling down on the outstretched arm
Why get arthroscopic rotator cuff repair at Pristyn Care?
Pristyn Care is a leading arthroscopic surgery provider in Kolkata for rotator cuff repair. Our patient’s care and comfort is our biggest priority, and to ensure maximum care and comfort for all patients, we provide patient-care facilities like:
- Treatment by expert orthopedic surgeons: We are associated with the best rotator cuff surgeons in Kolkata who have ample experience in providing complication-free treatment for rotator cuff repair.
- Dedicated care coordinator: We assign a dedicated care coordinator to each patient who is in charge of documentation and admission to the hospital, ensuring that all patients have a pleasant treatment experience.
- Insurance assistance: We work with all major insurance companies and can assist all patients with insurance assistance, including documentation and claim recovery.
No-cost EMI: If patients are unable to pay for treatment, we provide financial assistance in the form of no-cost EMI payment plans.
- Free cab and food service: On the day of surgery, we give free cab and meal service to all patients and their attendants.
- Free follow-up: We provide free follow-up to all patients within the first week after surgery to ensure proper recovery.
- COVID-19 safety criteria are strict: To protect our patients from the COVID virus, we adhere to strict hygiene standards, which include the use of PPE kits, masks, sanitisers, and other measures.
How to book an appointment at Pristyn Care?
If you have pain in the shoulder, perform a self-assessment test to ensure whether you have a shoulder rotator cuff injury. If you are exhibiting any symptoms, then book an appointment with the best rotator cuff surgeons near you today. Do not wait for the condition to progress. You can book an appointment with Pristyn Care orthopedic surgeons in Kolkata by either calling the number on top of the page or filling in the “Book an Appointment” form. Our care coordinators will immediately get in touch with you to book your appointment. You can also download our dedicated patient care app and book an appointment yourself.