Piles can cause symptoms that resemble other diseases like fissures and fistula. So, it is advised not to self diagnose as it can lead to some risks and complications.
To have a proper diagnosis of your medical condition, you should have a consultation with the nearest and best proctologist or anorectal surgeon.
In Ludhiana, our piles doctors or proctologists use advanced medical tests to make an accurate diagnosis and to find out the leading cause of your condition.
Also, at Pristyn Care, Ludhiana, piles surgeons will examine your past and present medical and medication records to find any underlying disease, which could have caused piles.
A few of the diagnostic tests used by our doctors are:
- digital rectal examination: A lubricated finger is inserted into the rectum to check the presence of internal hemorrhoids or piles.
- proctoscopy: A proctoscope [hollow tube with a tiny light] is inserted into the rectum to examine the insides of the rectum and the anus.
- colonoscopy: A colonoscope is passed into the rectum to examine the entire colon for abnormalities.
- sigmoidoscopy: A sigmoidoscope is inserted into the rectum for examination of the lower part of the large intestine [sigmoid colon].
- anoscopy: An anoscope is used to examine the walls of the anus for the presence of any abnormalities like polyps.
Procedure or surgery:
Avoiding or leaving piles untreated can lead to serious complications such as loss of blood [anemia], formation of blood clots [thrombosis], and several anal pain.
To put an end to the sufferings of piles and to avoid the occurrence of complications, you should undergo a surgical procedure. Based on the type and severity of piles or hemorrhoids you are suffering from, most proctologists or piles doctors recommend any of the following treatment methods.
- open piles surgery [hemorrhoidectomy]
- laser piles treatment
- rubber band ligation
- lateral internal sphincterotomy
Out of these, piles surgeons at Pristyn Care, Ludhiana recommend laser piles treatment/surgery because of its benefits. Here are the steps of laser piles surgery.
- Local or general anesthesia is given to the patient before the start of the surgery.
- All vital signs, like heartbeats, pulse rate, oxygen levels, etc., are monitored throughout the surgical procedure.
- Laser fiber is used to emit high energy laser beams on piles. These laser beams will either shrink or cut off the piles [depending on the type of laser technique used by your piles doctor].
- Once the surgery is performed, the patient is transferred to the recovery room.