Get the Advanced Treatment of Pilonidal sinus in Visakhapatnam
It is seen that because of leading a sedentary lifestyle, pilonidal sinus has gotten more common in the young-adult age group and rare cases in people above the age of 40 years. Nearly 2-5% of the population in Visakhapatnam is affected by this disease. Also, males are affected about 3 times more than females. It occurs in the lower part of the back region and usually affects young, hairy, overweight males who sweat a lot. Another reason for pilonidal sinus is sitting for long hours.
If you are seeking advanced treatment for pilonidal sinus in Visakhapatnam, then Pristyn Care is the ideal destination. We are a multi-specialty daycare provider that employs the latest USFDA approved surgical techniques for the treatment of various diseases, including pilonidal sinus.
We employ advanced laser technology to treat pilonidal sinus in a minimally invasive way. In this procedure, the sinus tract is ablated using the radial laser fiber. The fluid collected in the cyst is drained efficiently so that the wound can heal properly.
Laser treatment is a quick and and effective method to treat pilonidal sinus. It takes only 30-45 minutes to perform the surgery and the patient is sent home on the same day. The recovery period after the surgery is 2-7 days and you’ll be able to return to your regular activities without any difficulty.
If you have symptoms of pilonidal sinus or taking treatments already for discharge from the anal region, but not feeling any better, schedule an appointment with the best pilonidal sinus doctor in Visakhapatnam.
Why it’s important to get proper treatment for pilonidal sinus?
Pilonidal sinus begins with a small pimple kind of structure and grows into a big cyst that causes severe pain and discomfort. As bacteria start to grow in the cyst, there are higher chances of the cyst getting infected. Without treatment, the problem will get severe and may lead to the following complications:
- Abscess formation: If an abscess starts to form, it’ll cause immense pain. A bloody discharge will leak consistently from the cyst increasing the chance of spreading the infection.
- Inflammation in the Affected Area: A stinging pain or soreness will be present around the cyst due to inflammation.
- Chances of Developing Multiple Cyst: As the infection from the cyst starts to spread, you’ll have a higher risk of developing multiple cysts.
- Anal Fistula: One of the most serious complications of not getting treatment for pilonidal sinus is an anal fistula. The infected cyst will start growing both externally and internally creating a tract or tunnel in the anal region. At this point, only surgery will be effective to treat the problem.
- Increased Risk of Cancer: As pilonidal sinus occurs on the skin surface, it can increase the risk of skin cancer, i.e., squamous cell carcinoma. Though it is a rare complication, that doesn’t mean that you can leave the pilonidal sinus untreated.
If you want to avoid these problems, get in touch with Pristyn Care and consult our expert pilonidal sinus doctors in Visakhapatnam for a permanent solution.
Consult Our Highly Experienced Pilonidal Sinus Doctors in Vizag
Pristyn Care has a dedicated team of pilonidal sinus doctors in Visakhapatnam. All of our doctors are trained and certified to perform laser-assisted procedures. They have more than 8 years of experience in providing medical and surgical treatment for pilonidal sinus. If you wish to consult with specialists, get in touch with Pristyn Care today.
We will book your appointment with one of our specialists and you can consult them online or offline at your convenience. Give us a call today and get help from experts. They will not only help you get rid of the problem but also provide guidance on how to avoid it in the future.
Choose Pristyn Care for Laser Pilonidal Sinus Surgery in Vizag
Pristyn Care has a dedicated team of doctors who understand that all patients require quality treatment. Hence, our medical and non-medical staff work together to provide a seamless surgical experience to the patients. Along with the advanced treatment and experienced surgeon, we offer additional services to the patients, such as:
- 30% discount on the diagnostic tests
- A single deluxe room in the hospital
- 100% insurance claim and full assistance
- Flexible payment options with No-Cost EMI
- Free cab service for easy commute on the day of surgery
- Free post-surgery follow-ups
Our medical coordinators also stay connected with the patient to help them in every possible way.
Our primary goal is to make your treatment journey hassle-free and comfortable. To learn more about our services, you can call us and book a consultation at the nearest Pristyn Care clinic for pilonidal sinus treatment in Vizag.
Visit the Nearest Pristyn Care Clinic for Pilonidal Sinus Treatment in Vizag
Now you don’t have to worry about going to metro cities to undergo surgery for pilonidal sinus. Pristyn Care offers advanced pilonidal sinus treatment in Visakhapatnam. We are associated with top hospitals and clinics in Vizag to make it possible for everyone to seek optimal medical care within the city. You only need to give us a call and we will schedule a consultation at the nearest Pristyn Care clinic at the earliest.
Different surgical treatments for pilonidal sinus
Here are the different surgical treatments for pilonidal sinus treatment:
- Laser pilonidal sinus treatment- Laser surgery for pilonidal sinus is the most effective treatment for pilonidal sinus. During the procedure, the proctologist uses a high-intensity laser beam to close off the sinus tract. The doctor removes the entire pit of the pilonidal sinus so that the infection does not recur. It is an easier and higher precision procedure to perform as compared to the earlier mentioned types of open surgery. The treatment procedure requires only one day of dressing as there are no wounds left behind to heal. The laser energy also promotes the faster healing of the site of the surgery. Thus, it takes a very short time to completely recover from laser surgery for the pilonidal sinus.
- Incision and drainage- Incision and drainage is an open surgical procedure recommended mostly when the cyst becomes infected. It is performed with local anesthesia to make the affected area numb. The surgeon makes an incision in the cyst to drain the infectious fluid and pus. The doctor packs the hole with gauze and leaves it open to heal. It can take up to 4-6 weeks to heal the cyst completely.
- Pilonidal cystectomy- Pilonidal cystectomy is the surgical removal of the entire pilonidal cyst. The treatment is performed after administering general/regional anesthesia. The surgeon makes a cut to remove the affected skin along with underlying hair follicles, tissues, and dead cells. If required, the doctor packs the area with surgical gauze. In cases where the infection is severe, the doctor places a tube to drain the fluid from the cyst. The tube is removed when the entire fluid is drained from the cyst.
Are there any risks and complications involved during pilonidal sinus surgery?
If performed under the guidance and supervision of a trained proctologist, surgical treatment for pilonidal sinus will not cause any risks or complications. But, like any other surgery, there might be some complications, although not severe. Some of them are:
- Trauma and bleeding to the site – If the surgery is not performed efficiently, there can be a chance of the anal tissues getting injured. Trauma and injury to the anal tissues can even lead to bleeding. If the surgery is performed by an experienced surgeon, the chances of any injury can be cut down drastically.
- Infection – Like any other surgery, infection is a common side effect/ complication in case of pilonidal sinus surgery too. Infection can lead to nausea and vomiting in the person. Infection, however, is not a very serious problem and can be treated with medicines. The chances of infection in case of open surgery is much higher than in laser surgery.
- Squamous cell carcinoma – A type of skin cancer that occurs due to uncontrolled growth of the squamous cells. The condition is not very common but not unheard of. To prevent such complications, it is extremely important that the surgery is performed by an experienced and trained surgeon.