Why should lipomas not be left untreated?
Being a benign tumor, many people leave lipomas untreated for a very long time. But the lump continues to grow over time. It may take several years to grow up to a size that can cause pain or compression in the nerves. The chances of lipomas becoming problematic are rare. It usually happens when fat accumulation occurs around the nerves. When the lump grows, it compresses the nerves and causes pain and discomfort. People seek treatment for lipomas at this point. Moreover, the large size of lipomas also becomes aesthetically unpleasing, especially if they are present around the face, ear, neck, or arms. Furthermore, the lump will be difficult to remove due to its large size. There will be a higher risk of tissue and nerve damage during the procedure. That’s why doctors often suggest that getting lipoma treatment at the earlier stages is better than delaying treatment. Early removal can be done easily without major risks and scarring is also minimal. One other thing you should also be aware of is that ignoring lipoma can have another consequence. You may end up ignoring a cancerous lump, thinking that it is benign. This may put your life at risk and you’ll ultimately have to undergo surgery to get rid of the cancerous lump. Therefore, it is crucial that you get the lump diagnosed to rule out the possibility of cancer and determine whether you should get the lump removed or not.
Undergo Advanced Lipoma Surgery in Visakhapatnam for Permanent Removal of the Fatty Lump
If you live in Visakhapatnam and you are seeking lipoma treatment, Pristyn Care is the right destination. We are a leading healthcare provider for the treatment of lipomas, sebaceous cysts, etc. We house a certified and well-trained team of plastic surgeons who have around 10 years of experience in treating lipomas successfully. Being plastic surgeons, our doctors not only focus on removing the lump entirely but also ensure that the surgery is minimally invasive and doesn’t leave any scar. Our doctors combine the liposuction and excision technique to remove the lump completely and deliver the best possible results. You can schedule an appointment with our expert lipoma doctors and discuss the treatment options in detail.
Schedule your appointment with the best Lipoma Surgeons in Visakhapatnam
To consult with the best lipoma surgeons in Visakhapatnam, you only need to contact Pristyn Care. And to get in touch with us, you can opt for any of the following ways:
- Give us a call on the number given at the top to talk to our representatives and book an appointment at a date and time suitable for you.
- Fill in the required information in the “Book Appointment” form and submit your details. Our medical coordinators will get back to you shortly and discuss when and how you want to consult with the doctor.
- Download the Pristyn Care- Consult Doctors application to browse the list of best lipoma doctors in Visakhapatnam. Pick a doctor of your choice and schedule the appointment according to your convenience. You can also choose online consultation to talk to the experts from the comfort of your home.
Post-Surgery Care Tips for Faster Recovery After Lipoma Removal
When you leave the hospital after lipoma removal surgery, our doctors will provide you with detailed instructions about the dos and don’ts. You will get a recovery guide that will list down every precaution that you should take during the recovery period. The common tips that will be included in the recovery guide are:
- -Keep the incision dry and clean.
- -Do not take showers or baths in tubs until the wound heals completely as it can cause infection.
- -Remove and replace the bandage as advised by the doctor.
- -Regularly check the wound for signs of infection.
- -Take proper rest and make sure that you don’t push your body to its limit.
- -Don’t act tough thinking that you can handle the pain, if needed ask the doctor for pain medication.
- -Apply ice packs on the bandage for 15-20 minutes multiple times a day to reduce the swelling.
- -Eat a healthy and balanced diet that consists of fiber-rich items, including fresh fruits, vegetables, grains, etc.
- -Avoid eating fast, junk, and processed foods that can cause irritation in the wound.
- -Take regular follow-ups with the doctor so that he/she can monitor your recovery and make further adjustments in the recovery plan.
Different Types of Lipomas
Typically, all lipomas are composed of fat tissues. However, in some cases, the lump may consist of blood vessels and other tissues as well. Based on this, lipomas are classified into the following types:
- Angiolipoma- Contains fat and blood vessels and also causes pain.
- Conventional Lipoma- Contains white fat cells that store energy.
- Fibrolipoma- Consists of fat and fibrous tissue.
- Hibernoma- Consists of brown fat that are responsible for generating heat and helps to regulate body temperature.
- Myelolipoma- This type of lipoma contains fat and tissues that contain blood cells.
- Spindle Cell Lipoma- They have a spindle-like shape of the fat cells.
- Pleomorphic- This type of lipoma has fat cells of different shapes and sizes.
- Adenolipoma- New variant of superficial lipoma in which eccrine sweat glands are present with fatty tumors.
All these types of lipoma are non-cancerous. However, some of them may cause pain and discomfort due to the composition. Therefore, it is crucial that you get the lipoma diagnosed and get proper treatment for it.
What is lipomatosis?
Lipomatosis, also known as hereditary multiple lipomatosis, is a medical condition due to which multiple lipomas start to form in different parts of the body, such as the neck, head, shoulders, back, thigh, etc. This autosomal dominant condition is characterized by the appearance of symmetric lipomas, typically in the extremities and trunk region.
Lipomatosis is also associated with Gardner’s syndrome and Madelung’s disease. The treatment method for single lipoma and multiple lipomas is the same. The fatty lump is excised carefully and the patient is asked to take certain precautions to prevent the formation of these fatty lumps.