What are the different treatment options for anal fistula in Jaipur?
There are various methods available for treatment of anal fistula. It is highly unlikely that a fistula will completely heal on its own. Hence, surgical intervention is required to help the patients get rid of the problem permanently. The different treatment options available to cure anal fistula are:
Fistulotomy- It is a procedure where the fistula tract is cut open to drain the contents. Then the tract is flattened completely and left to heal.
Advancement Rectal Flap- In this procedure, a flap is taken and attached to the opening of the fistula after cleaning. Then the fistula is left to heal over time.
Seton Placement- In this technique, a seton is used to drain the fistula content and it is left in place for some time. This method is used when a large part of the anal sphincter muscle is close to the fistula tract.
LIFT- Ligation of the intersphincteric fistula tract is a method where the fistula is drained and the infected tissues are removed completely before closing the internal opening of the fistula.
Laser Surgery- In this procedure, the fistula is cleaned and a radial fiber is inserted in the tract. It emits laser energy in all directions and ablates the tract slowly while it is drawn out. The laser energy improves blood flow in the anal region and allows fistula to heal faster.
Among all the plausible methods, laser surgery is the safest USFDA approved method that has minimal risks and complications associated with the surgery. Get in touch with Pristyn Care and learn more about the advanced laser treatment for anal fistula in Jaipur.
Pristyn Care Provides The Most Advanced Laser Fistula Treatment in Jaipur
Since the conception of the modern laser technology, it has become a prevalent method for treatment of anorectal diseases. Pristyn Care uses the advanced laser technology as it is beneficial for the patients in various aspects, such as:
- Laser surgery is a non-invasive procedure which means there are no cuts, stitches, or scars involved in the procedure.
- It is a painless method that has minimal risks and negligible chances of infection during and after the surgery.
- Laser fistula surgery is performed on an outpatient basis at Pristyn Care. Hence, there is no need to stay in the hospital longer than required.
- The laser beam provides better control over the procedure to the surgeons. Thus, the surgery is carried out precisely, safely, and quickly.
- The recovery period after laser fistula surgery is also reduced to 2-7 days and there are minimal restrictions over the diet and physical activities of the patients.
These significant advantages make laser treatment one of the best modalities to cure anorectal diseases. That’s why Pristyn Care provides anal fistula treatment using the safer laser technique.
Get Treatment Under the Care of Expert Proctologists of Pristyn Care
Pristyn Care has a dedicated proctology department in Jaipur consisting of proctologists and general surgeons. All of our doctors are well-trained in performing laser-assisted surgery and have ample experience. They will diagnose the condition properly and provide the best-in-class treatment for anal fistula. If surgery is needed, the surgeons perform laser surgery which takes only about 30 to 45 minutes. Our doctors also provide post-surgery follow-up and care to help patients recover faster. The medical and non-medical staff of Pristyn Care works together to provide a seamless surgical experience to the patients.
Pristyn Care Doctors Provide Complete Recovery & Post Surgery Tips
At Pristyn Care, we aim to provide a hassle-free and comfortable experience to the patients. Hence, we provide proper guidance before, during, and after the surgery including post-surgery care tips. Even though the disease is treated properly using the laser technique, the patient must pay attention to their health and use preventative methods as follows:
- Take sitz bath, especially after bowel movements to soothe the anal region.
- Use analgesics and increase the fiber intake to pass stools without straining.
- Drink plenty of water and avoid sitting for a long duration without any break.
- Do not indulge in heavy exercise that can put pressure on the abdomen.
From the next day of surgery, you will start feeling better. And with these tips, the recovery will go smoothly and you’ll be able to get back to your daily routine as soon as possible. If you have any doubts or concerns regarding your health, you can contact Pristyn Care without any hesitation.
Rceovery and after care of anal fistula
In most cases, anal fistula surguical sites heal within 5-6 weeks time. The recovery in case of anal fistula is not very complicated if the person follows the advices and recovery tips shared by the anorectal surgeon. You can follow the self-care tips after anal fistula surgery for a seamless recovery:
- Keep the surgical wound clean. Wash the area, pat it dry several times a day. Do not let discharge accumulate in the area.
- If the area pains, consult with a doctor and take medicines. Do not touch the skin. You can also take over-the-counter pills such as painkillers and ibuprofen.
- Change the dressing of the wound at regular intervals. In case there is pus discharge from the site, be extremely gentle while changing teh dressing.
- Indulge in light physical activities. Don’t go sedentary. Gentle exercises will help the wound heal faster.
- Do not indulge in anal sex until the surgical site is completely healed.
What is the recovery timeline after laser surgery for anal fistula?
The recovery timeline after anal fistula laser surgery is not the same for every patient. Most patients recover within 2-3 months but the complete recovery may take anywhere between 1 month to 45 days.
Recovery after 1 month of anal fistula laser surgery
The patient needs to follow the recovery tips and recommendations by the doctor for at least one month after the laser surgery for anal fistula. It is advisable that the patient refrains from doing anything that puts strain on the surgical site. The patient should not eat anything too oily and spicy and consume only fiber-rich food. Diet is a very significant factor that determines the recovery after surgical treatment. The patient should take sitz baths at least 2-3 times a day to keep the surgical area free of any infection and take regular sitz baths.
Recovery after 2 months of laser surgery for anal fistula
After 2 months, the pain from the surgical site will subside. The patient would experience much relief from the pain in and around the wound. But the scars might take some more time to disappear. The patient might get back to normal work life without any major complications and also resume normal dietary habits.
Recovery after 3 months of surgery for anal fistula
After 3 months, the patient would be free from all post-surgery discomfort. There would be no scars at the surgical site and the wound would be healed completely too.