The health care professional uses your medical history, a physical exam, blood and imaging tests to diagnose fluid in the testicles. Blood tests and ultrasonography may also be asked by the doctor to confirm the reason for swelling.
- Physical exam: During the physical examination, the doctor checks for tenderness.
- Semen analysis and hormone tests: This is used to detect Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH) and low testosterone.
- Scrotal ultrasound: In scrotal ultrasound, high frequency is used to create images of the scrotum. It allows the doctor to ensure there isn’t another reason for the symptoms.
- Percutaneous embolization: In this procedure, the radiologist injects catheter into the veins through a tube with X-Ray guidance. It is performed under the influence of anesthesia through a small hole in the groins.
- Surgery: The most-effective treatment for curing a varicocele is surgery. This is done when the varicocele causes discomfort or the doctor feels there is a risk of infertility. A small incision is made in the abdomen or upper thigh. After that using ultrasound and surgical equipment, the doctor closes the affected veins to reroute the blood through other unaffected veins. The doctor then applies a dressing to the site of the incision. This is known as varicocelectomy.
The whole procedure is performed under the influence of anesthesia. At Pristyn Care, Jaipur we use the latest laparoscopic technique to make the incisions. This is absolutely painless and ensures minimum blood loss.