What Tips and Precautions to Follow After Cataract Surgery for Safe Recovery?
If you undergo surgery at Pristyn Care to get your cataract removed, our eye specialist as well the ophthalmology team will help you with all post-surgery tips and precautions for quick and safe recovery. Following is some tips that can help you in your recovery process:
- Protect your eye from all injuries as far as possible. Do not rub your eyes, do not put any pressure either.
- Clean your eye discharge with clean cotton dipped in lukewarm water. Squeeze the cotton properly before cleaning and be very gentle while cleaning.
- Your doctor is likely to recommend eye drops. Do not put any over-the-counter eye drops in your eyes.
- Wear protective eye gear for at least a week after the surgery, both indoors and outdoors.
- While sleeping, use a protective eye shield over the surgical site. Do not sleep on the side of the operated eye.
- Do not wash your hair for at least 5 days after cataract surgery.
- Avoid strenuous activities, and refrain from lifting heavy objects for at least 2 weeks after the surgery.
- Do not strain your eyes. If you don’t feel comfortable and relaxed while doing any activity, reading books, or watching TV, wait for a few more days. Your eyes should recover soon.
- If you experience an unusual burnings sensation or incessant eye discharge, contact your eye surgeon in Nashik or go for a follow-up visit without any delay.
Get Advanced Cataract Treatment at Pristyn Care in Nashik
If you are seeking a cost-effective and reliable healthcare provider who can make your cataract treatment journey comfortable, Pristyn Care is the best place. Pristyn Care is a new multi-specialty healthcare provider dedicated to simplifying the surgical experience for all patients. Pristyn Care houses some of the best ophthalmologists and the associated clinics and hospitals are equipped with modern infrastructure and high-end technologies that provide scope for the best possible treatment for cataract removal.
At Pristyn Care in Nashik, you can get the best and safest surgical treatment for cataract removal, irrespective of age and gender. Our ophthalmologists are highly trained to perform the latest MICS (microincision cataract surgery) & FLACS (femtosecond laser-assisted cataract surgery) to cure cataract patients with no risks and complications while delivering a high success rate. The cataract removal surgery can be performed in less than 30 minutes and helps the patient to regain clear vision within 24 to 48 hours. Moreover, as the procedure is done on an outpatient basis, you can go home on the same day and recover completely within 4-6 weeks.
To learn more about cataract treatment services and facilities, give us a call and talk to our medical coordinators.
What are the different types of lens implants after cataract surgery?
There are different types of intraocular lenses (IOLS) and each of them serves a different purpose.
- Toric IOLs – These intraocular lenses can correct astigmatism along with cataracts. The lenses have different powers at different meridians of the eyes and enable the surgeon to adjust the lens orientation for best results.
- Aspheric IOLs- Aspheric lenses are traditional intraocular lenses with an aspherical optical design that mimics the natural eye lens. It closely matches the shape and quality of the eye lens and provides better and sharper vision after curing cataracts.
- Multifocal IOLs- Multifocal intraocular lenses are commonly used for the treatment of presbyopia. It cures cataracts and also helps the patient to achieve a better vision for nearby as well as distant objects. These lenses have different sections to adjust the vision according to the patient’s eye movements.
- Monovision IOLs- This is a type of IOLs that fully corrects the refractive error in one eye and makes the other mildly nearsighted intentionally. With this, one eye can see distant objects, and the other eye will allow the patient to see nearby objects.
Pristyn Care ophthalmologist will help you understand more about the lenses and which would be the best pick for your condition. For any other concerns and confusions, you can always reach out to the ophthalmology team at Pristyn Care.
Book an Appointment with the best Eye Specialists in Nashik for Cataract Treatment
To book an appointment with Pristyn Care – one of the best eye clinics in Nashik, you can use any of the following ways:
- Call us on the number given at the top and talk to our medical coordinator to discuss the date, time, and mode of appointment for the consultation.
- Fill the “Book Appointment” form and submit your details. Our representative will get back to you shortly to schedule the appointment with the doctor at your convenience.
- Download the Pristyn Care Patient app and browse the list of cataract doctors in Nashik. You can choose any of our eye care specialists and confirm an appointment to him/ her.
- You can also opt for online consultation to discuss your problem and treatment options over a phone call. Or you can visit the nearest clinic for a face-to-face consultation.