- Add Fenugreek herb in diet to control inflammation in the body
- Add Garlic in diet because of its antibiotic and antifungal properties
- Take a teaspoon of Honey in warm water and drink daily
- Turmeric because of its anti-inflammatory benefits
- Take two teaspoon of Apple cider vinegar daily
Painless Laser Procedure for Pilonidal Sinus at Pristyn Care in Gwalior
Due to a group of hair being trapped in the pores of the outer skin of the hips, near the anus, the pilonidal sinus is caused. A painful abscess formed when the cyst underlying the skin gets infected. The condition of pilonidal sinus makes sitting, lying off the back and passing stool very painful. At times, there may be puss or fluid accumulation in the cyst, forming an abscess. In simple words, the accumulation of ingrown here around the anal area leads to the pilonidal sinus. If not treated in the early stages, it gets very complicated and painful for the patient and can also cause infections in the body and around the affected area.
With the laser treatment, the patient can get rid of the pilonidal sinus in a pain free treatment in just 30 minutes! The traditional way of treating pilonidal sinus is by making incisions on the affected area and draining out the puss or fluids present.
Which is the best hospital for Pilonidal Sinus treatment in Gwalior?
After a patient gets in touch with Pristyn Care, an appointment is set up with the specialist for the earliest day possible. The doctor then examines the patient and thoroughly diagnose the condition. The patient is then informed with the best treatment options available to him. We guarantee to provide the most advanced treatment options for various diseases.
Visit Pristyn Care for the safest and most advanced pain-free treatment in Gwalior. The patient can also have a cashless surgery if he has an active insurance policy. A free cab to pick up the patient for the surgery and drop the patient back home after the surgery would be provided by Prsityn Care. There would also be a patient buddy from Pristyn Care to help the patient and his family during the treatment. All arrangements are made at the hospital before the patient arrives. Without wasting any time, the patient is immediately taken to prepare for the surgery as he arrives at the hospital the patient would feel no pain from the surgery and would be able to resume normal life after taking proper rest of six to eight days.
Different surgical treatments for pilonidal sinus
Here are the different surgical treatments for pilonidal sinus treatment:
- Laser pilonidal sinus treatment- Laser surgery for pilonidal sinus is the most effective treatment for pilonidal sinus. During the procedure, the proctologist uses a high-intensity laser beam to close off the sinus tract. The doctor removes the entire pit of the pilonidal sinus so that the infection does not recur. It is an easier and higher precision procedure to perform as compared to the earlier mentioned types of open surgery. The treatment procedure requires only one day of dressing as there are no wounds left behind to heal. The laser energy also promotes the faster healing of the site of the surgery. Thus, it takes a very short time to completely recover from laser surgery for the pilonidal sinus.
- Incision and drainage- Incision and drainage is an open surgical procedure recommended mostly when the cyst becomes infected. It is performed with local anesthesia to make the affected area numb. The surgeon makes an incision in the cyst to drain the infectious fluid and pus. The doctor packs the hole with gauze and leaves it open to heal. It can take up to 4-6 weeks to heal the cyst completely.
- Pilonidal cystectomy- Pilonidal cystectomy is the surgical removal of the entire pilonidal cyst. The treatment is performed after administering general/regional anesthesia. The surgeon makes a cut to remove the affected skin along with underlying hair follicles, tissues, and dead cells. If required, the doctor packs the area with surgical gauze. In cases where the infection is severe, the doctor places a tube to drain the fluid from the cyst. The tube is removed when the entire fluid is drained from the cyst.
Are there any risks and complications involved during pilonidal sinus surgery?
If performed under the guidance and supervision of a trained proctologist, surgical treatment for pilonidal sinus will not cause any risks or complications. But, like any other surgery, there might be some complications, although not severe. Some of them are:
- Trauma and bleeding to the site – If the surgery is not performed efficiently, there can be a chance of the anal tissues getting injured. Trauma and injury to the anal tissues can even lead to bleeding. If the surgery is performed by an experienced surgeon, the chances of any injury can be cut down drastically.
- Infection – Like any other surgery, infection is a common side effect/ complication in case of pilonidal sinus surgery too. Infection can lead to nausea and vomiting in the person. Infection, however, is not a very serious problem and can be treated with medicines. The chances of infection in case of open surgery is much higher than in laser surgery.
- Squamous cell carcinoma – A type of skin cancer that occurs due to uncontrolled growth of the squamous cells. The condition is not very common but not unheard of. To prevent such complications, it is extremely important that the surgery is performed by an experienced and trained surgeon.