Recovery and aftercare of anal fistula
In most cases, anal fistula surgical sites heal within 5-6 weeks time. The recovery in case of anal fistula is not very complicated if the person follows the advices and recovery tips shared by the anorectal surgeon. You can follow the self-care tips after anal fistula surgery for a seamless recovery:
- Keep the surgical wound clean. Wash the area, pat it dry several times a day. Do not let discharge accumulate in the area.
- If the area pains, consult with a doctor and take medicines. Do not touch the skin. You can also take over-the-counter pills such as painkillers and ibuprofen.
- Change the dressing of the wound at regular intervals. In case there is pus discharge from the site, be extremely gentle while changing the dressing.
- Indulge in light physical activities. Don’t go sedentary. Gentle exercises will help the wound heal faster.
- Do not indulge in anal sex until the surgical site is completely healed.
How is Pristyn Care associated with top hospitals in Mathura?
Several hospitals in Mathura are associated with Pristyn care. All of those hospitals are equipped with the latest and advanced medical instruments. Pristyn Care hospitals in Mathura follow all the safety and precautionary measures suggested by the WHO like maintaining social distance between each patient, thermal screening of all people who enter and leave the hospital, and regular sanitization of medical equipment.
All hospitals that are partnered with Pristyn Care have the best-in-class infrastructure, which provides a safe and secure environment. In case you plan to undergo fistula surgery in Mathura at the top hospital, you can visit Pristyn Care.