Possible complications of varicocelectomy surgery:
Varicocelectomy is a safe procedure that ensures effective results within the first 2 weeks after the surgery. However, like any other surgery, there are possible complications associated with the procedure that usually depends on the severity of the condition and the surgical expertise of the surgeon. Pristyn Care ensures comprehensive treatment and post-surgery care for a smooth and quick recovery. Potential risks of varicocelectomy include:
- Injury to the testicle
- Reaction to the anesthesia administered during surgery
- Chances of recurrence
- Blood clots in the legs
Recovery after varicocelectomy:
Patients who undergo varicocelectomy treatment are given a set of instructions from the hospital or your doctor after the surgery to allow smooth and faster recovery. We have a team of highly skilled vascular surgeons with years of experience performing complex varicocelectomy surgeries with great precision.
Our surgeons are fully trained to perform surgeries using cutting-edge technology for a very high success rate. Doctors at Pristyn Care provide medications and dietary restrictions after the surgery to reduce the discomfort during recovery duration. There are a few tips that may help during your recovery process:
- Take adequate rest after the surgery for at least 2-3 days.
- Lie down gently as much as you can to minimize swelling.
- Keep the wound dry by patting the towel on it after the shower.
- Avoid strenuous activities like sports, weight lifting, or swimming.
- Avoid sexual activity for at least 2-3 weeks after the surgery.