Why is it important to seek proper fistula treatment?
An anal fistula is a very problematic disease and it should not be left untreated under any circumstances. If you don’t seek help from a medical professional, the disease can cause the following complications:
- The infection from the fistula can spread through the anal canal and may end up creating branches of the fistula tract. If this happens, it will be more difficult to treat the branched fistula.
- The bacterial infection from the fistula can spread to organs and may cause tissue death leading to organ damage or shock.
- Perforation is another major risk of leaving fistula untreated. The infection has a chance of spreading to the abdominal wall and the weak part of the wall may get ruptured. Due to this, the intestinal fluid will leak into the abdominal cavity and you will need immediate medical care.
- Peritonitis is another life-threatening complication of anal fistula. The bacterial infection causes inflammation in the abdominal wall that may lead to organ failure or death.
- An anal fistula can also increase the risk of anal cancer if left untreated for a long time.
In most cases, an anal fistula can lead to severe health issues and it may be fatal for the patient. That is why you should pay attention to the symptoms and consult an expert to get advanced fistula treatment in Guwahati.
Consult with Pristyn Care’s Expert Fistula Doctors in Guwahati To Find the Right Solution
If you don’t want to face the repercussions of leaving a fistula untreated, then get in touch with Pristyn Care and consult our expert fistula doctors in Guwahati. We house a team of certified proctologists and general surgeons who are trained in laser-assisted procedures. Our doctors have more than 8 years of experience in performing laser surgery to treat fistula.
As it is almost impossible to cure fistula without surgery, our doctors will ensure that you know all the treatment options and choose the best from them. They will diagnose you thoroughly and provide you the most appropriate solution that will resolve the disease permanently.
Advanced Laser Fistula Treatment in Guwahati to Get Rid of Anal Fistula
The conception of laser technology has made it possible for surgeons to treat anal fistula and other anorectal diseases in the safest way possible. It is an effective solution for the treatment of anal fistula due to the following:
- Laser fistula surgery is a non-invasive technique which means there are no cuts, stitches, or scars involved in the procedure.
- The surgery is painless and carried out under anesthesia to minimize the level of discomfort.
- Laser surgery is done on an outpatient basis which means you don’t need to stay in the hospital longer than needed.
- The advanced laser technology provides better control over the surgery and allows the surgeons to carry out the procedure with precision.
- Laser fistula surgery is safer than other techniques as it is non-invasive. There are fewer risks and complications associated with the procedure.
- After undergoing laser surgery, the patient recovers faster as well. The light energy promotes tissue regeneration which ensures that the fistula tract is closed properly leaving almost negligible chances of recurrence.
The points mentioned here are usually enough for a patient to assure that laser surgery is the best option to get rid of the anal fistula. If you wish to undergo painless and non-invasive laser anal fistula surgery in Guwahati, get in touch with Pristyn Care today.
Why Pristyn Care is the most reliable daycare provider for fistula treatment in Guwahati?
At Pristyn Care, we focus on simplifying the surgical experience of the patients. We focus on the quality of care and safety of the patients equally. Our primary goal is to provide the best surgical experience to the patients by assisting them at every step of the treatment journey. Pristyn Care is considered one of the most reliable healthcare providers in Guwahati for fistula treatment due to the following:
- We have the most experienced and certified team of general surgeons and proctologists who specialize in performing laser-assisted procedures.
- Pristyn Care is partnered with top hospitals and clinics of Guwahati that houses state-of-the-art facilities and USFDA approved latest technologies.
- Our medical coordinators assist the patients from the first day to the last. They handle all the appointments, diagnosis tests, insurance, and other formalities on behalf of the patients.
- We also provide free pick and drop service to and from the hospital on the day of surgery.
- Pristyn Care also has a flexible payment system and offers No-Cost EMI so that the patient can cover the cost of treatment in easy installments.
- We appoint a care buddy to each patient on the day of surgery who handles hospital admission, discharge, and other personal needs of the patient.
- We also provide a single deluxe room for the hospital stay as well as post-surgery follow-ups without any additional charges.
The patients can focus solely on their health and leave every treatment-related formalities on us. We will fulfil our duties to provide the utmost care and a hassle-free experience at all costs.
Give Us A Call & Book Your Appointment with the Best Fistula Doctors in Guwahati
To consult with the best doctors for fistula treatment, you can give us a call on the number given at the top. We will schedule your appointment with an expert doctor at the earliest.
You can also fill the appointment form or download the dedicated Pristyn Care Patient application to book an appointment with a doctor of your choice.
Rceovery and after care of anal fistula
In most cases, anal fistula surguical sites heal within 5-6 weeks time. The recovery in case of anal fistula is not very complicated if the person follows the advices and recovery tips shared by the anorectal surgeon. You can follow the self-care tips after anal fistula surgery for a seamless recovery:
- Keep the surgical wound clean. Wash the area, pat it dry several times a day. Do not let discharge accumulate in the area.
- If the area pains, consult with a doctor and take medicines. Do not touch the skin. You can also take over-the-counter pills such as painkillers and ibuprofen.
- Change the dressing of the wound at regular intervals. In case there is pus discharge from the site, be extremely gentle while changing teh dressing.
- Indulge in light physical activities. Don’t go sedentary. Gentle exercises will help the wound heal faster.
- Do not indulge in anal sex until the surgical site is completely healed.
What is the recovery timeline after laser surgery for anal fistula?
The recovery timeline after anal fistula laser surgery is not the same for every patient. Most patients recover within 2-3 months but the complete recovery may take anywhere between 1 month to 45 days.
Recovery after 1 month of anal fistula laser surgery
The patient needs to follow the recovery tips and recommendations by the doctor for at least one month after the laser surgery for anal fistula. It is advisable that the patient refrains from doing anything that puts strain on the surgical site. The patient should not eat anything too oily and spicy and consume only fiber-rich food. Diet is a very significant factor that determines the recovery after surgical treatment. The patient should take sitz baths at least 2-3 times a day to keep the surgical area free of any infection and take regular sitz baths.
Recovery after 2 months of laser surgery for anal fistula
After 2 months, the pain from the surgical site will subside. The patient would experience much relief from the pain in and around the wound. But the scars might take some more time to disappear. The patient might get back to normal work life without any major complications and also resume normal dietary habits.
Recovery after 3 months of surgery for anal fistula
After 3 months, the patient would be free from all post-surgery discomfort. There would be no scars at the surgical site and the wound would be healed completely too.