Apricots are generally considered very healthy and are loaded with essential nutrients like folic acid, iodine, calcium, iron, and protein. Normally they can be your on the go-to fruit, but things can change during pregnancy. When a female is pregnant, there are usually many restrictions on the foods that she would normally eat without a thought. A female may be concerned if she can eat apricots in pregnancy with so many beliefs and misbeliefs about pregnancy foods and diet.
Can a female eat apricot in pregnancy?
Yes, apricots are a good source of vitamin A and C, iron and potassium. However, the kernels or seeds of an apricot must not be eaten because they have a certain chemical that can metabolize cyanide that can be harmful to the female and the baby. As the edible part of apricot may also contain smaller amounts of it, it is suggested to eat apricot in moderation during pregnancy.
To put your mind at rest, there are no real health hazards with eating apricots in pregnancy, and a female can safely consume them as long as she keeps the quantity in check and washes them carefully before eating. Excessive intake of anything can be harmful, but moderate amounts of kernels are safe to be eaten in pregnancy.
Dried Apricots for Pregnancy
Dried apricots also carry immense health benefits. Here are some of the benefits of dried apricots for pregnancy-
- High potassium content which can be effective in treating swelling during pregnancy.
- Good source of natural sugar, fructose, and glucose. Eating dried apricots in pregnancy can help in preventing and satisfying frequent pregnancy craving for sweets in a healthy way.
- It can be consumed during pregnancy for digestion issues.
- Rich in calcium and can be beneficial for fetal bone development.
- Effective in dealing with heartburns during pregnancy.
Health benefits of eating Apricots in Pregnancy
Health benefits of eating apricots in pregnancy include-
- Helps treat constipation
- Can be beneficial for females with anemia
- Maintains eye health
- Can regulate and maintain blood sugar levels
- Good for the development of the fetus
To sum up, apricots are enriched with excellent medicinal, health, and nutritional values and can be safely consumed during pregnancy as long as the female consumes them within limits. It is always a good option to consult your doctor if you have doubts, concerns or worries about eating apricots regularly in pregnancy or want to add apricots in your pregnancy diet. The doctor can help you maintain a diet that can benefit your pregnancy.