The most common problem amongst women is Vaginal Yeast Infection which makes their personal life miserable. Let’s Check some of the causes & risk factors of the disease.
The fungus Candida albicans is accountable for many vaginal yeast infections. The fungus Candida is a naturally occurring microorganism in your vagina. Lactobacillus bacteria prevent their growth in the vagina. But, when there’s an imbalance in your system, these bacteria won’t work efficiently. An overgrowth of yeast or penetration of the fungus into deep vaginal cell layers causes symptoms of a yeast infection. Yeast infections due to candida fungus other than Candida albicans can be more difficult to cure. It usually needs more aggressive therapies.
Vaginal Yeast Infections are a type of fungal infection. It is found in 3 out of 4 women at least once or more in their entire lifetime. This disease affects the genitals of the female. The symptoms are severe itching, irritation and abnormal discharge around the vulva and vagina. The itching and irritation can be more severe around the tissues at the vaginal opening.
Vaginal Yeast Infection is different from Sexually Transmitted Infections. But people with sexually active lifestyle run at a high risk of getting such vaginal yeast infections. Common symptoms of Vaginal Yeast Infections include:
- Rashes in the Genital area.
- Redness, swelling, and inflammation of the vulva and vagina.
- Itching and irritation of the vagina.
- Sore vagina and vulva.
- Thin, watery vaginal discharge.
- Burning sensation during intercourse or peeing.
- Thick white odorless discharge, resembling cottage cheese.
If not treated in time, vaginal yeast infection can cause a lot of worse troubles. This disease can get very complicated. Vaginal yeast infection can show more complicated and severe symptoms if the female is under any of the following conditions.
- In case of severe and aggressive symptoms of redness, inflammation, itching, and redness leading to cuts or tears.
- If the female has cases of four or more yeast infections each year.
- In case the female is pregnant.
- If the female is suffering from uncontrolled diabetes.
- In case the female has a very weak immune system because of certain ongoing medications.
- Severe health conditions such as HIV Infection or so.
Vaginal Yeast infection can cause a lot of pain and inconvenience to the female. And if left untreated, the infection can be very harmful to the intimate parts of the female. Females are suggested to consult their gynecologist in case of any pain, discomfort or abnormal discharges.
Factors that increase your risk of developing a yeast infection include:
- Antibiotic use: Antibiotic use is a common cause of vaginal infections in women. These drugs may kill off many of the bacteria that exist in your vagina leading to overgrowth of yeast.
- Increased estrogen levels: Estrogen level increases with Hormonal changes during pregnancy, breastfeeding, menopause or on taking birth control pills. This can change the balance in your vagina and cause the yeast infection.
- Uncontrolled diabetes: Women with uncontrolled blood sugar run at greater risk of yeast infections than the normal rate.
- Weakened immune system: Women can get lowered immunity from corticosteroid therapy or HIV infection. This makes the female more prone to yeast infections.
- Sex: Yeast infection is not the same like an STI. Although, it can be transmitted by sexual contact.
- Douches and vaginal sprays: The use of these products can change the balance in your vagina.
Get an appointment at the best Gynecologist at Prsityn Care to get rid of the infection. Get your inmate areas healthy again.