Urethral stricture is the condition of the narrowing of the urethra. The problem of urethral stricture is a lot more common in men as compared to women. So, when the urethra becomes too narrow, it restricts the flow of urine and does not allow the bladder to empty urine completely. This makes a person feel the frequent need to pass the urine. Any injury on the urethra or the pelvic region, cancer of prostate or urethra, STDs are the major causes for urethral stricture. Sometimes, the condition of infection or inflammation of urethra also results in urethral stricture.
There are natural ways to cure urethral stricture so that you don’t have to bear with this condition forever. You can follow natural remedies to cure urethral stricture sooner and you will be surprised to know how simple these remedies are.
How to confirm the problem of urethral stricture?
You should look out for the following symptoms to confirm urethral stricture before beginning any natural treatment.
- The reduced flow of urine
- More frequent urges to urinate
- Discomfort in passing urine
- More prone to catching a urinary tract infection
- Feeling of filled bladder even after passing urine
When you identify yourself to be struggling with these symptoms of urethral stricture, leaving them untreated is not wise. The condition of urethral stricture has a tendency of growing severe with time.
Natural Remedies For Urethral Stricture
Foods that act as a remedy for urethral stricture–
There are certain foods that have healing effects on urethral stricture or prevent it from getting severe. There is a list of must-have food items for urethral stricture that will bring you major relief in the symptoms.
- Probiotics- Yogurt, fermented cheese, kefir, kimchi are very effective in dealing with the problem of urethral stricture naturally. These foods promote the growth of good bacteria in the gut and proactively help in fighting inflammation and infection of the urinary tract.
- Foods rich in antioxidants- Blackberry, Prunes, Plums, Cranberry, strawberry, raspberry, kidney beans, green leafy vegetables. Foods rich in antioxidants speed up the healing of the urethral stricture.
- Fruits in Vitamin C- Orange, peaches, mango, cantaloupe, cherries, papaya, guavas, blackcurrant.
Vitamin C minimizes the chances of scarring of the urethra and also hastens the process of healing
- Garlic and onion– These foods are rich in antimicrobial properties. Hence, they proactively fight infections and boost immunity as well. Thus, these foods help in preventing any kind of infection in the urethra as well.
- Fibrous foods– Potatoes, pulses, broccoli, carrots, oats, barley, rye are highly recommended. These foods do not cause any irritation to urethral walls.
- Unsweetened cranberry juice- Make sure that you have unsweetened cranberry juice every day. It is the most effective way to cure urethral stricture. It also prevents the chances of infection of urinary tract
If you start choosing these healthy options over spicy, junk, and processed foods, it will immensely help you in getting rid of urethral stricture.
Exercises and Yoga for Urethral Stricture
Kegel exercises effectively help in strengthening the muscles of the pelvic floor that allows the flow of urine. So, you must learn some kegel exercises that will also help you in getting rid of infections of the urinary tract as well. And, make sure that you perform kegel exercises only after emptying the bladder completely. Otherwise, it can yield rather uncomfortable or undesired results on your condition of urethral stricture.
Yoga can surely work as a natural remedy to cure urethral stricture. Regular yoga can have wonderful effects on improving urethral stricture. The following poses will help you in keeping the overall digestive and the urinary tract healthy. So, you should practice the following yoga poses every day to witness the relief in your condition.
Mandukasana (Frog Pose)
Ardha Kurmasana ( Half Tortoise Pose)
Vajrasana (Thunderbolt Pose)
Baddha Konasana (Bound Angle Pose)
Bridge Pose (Setu Bandhasana)
Padmasana (Lotus Pose)
These are the best yoga poses that can naturally cure urethral stricture and urinary incontinence as well. Yoga is the best way to strengthen the muscles of the urinary tract system and remove any toxins present there.
Precautionary measures for urethral stricture
Along with following the natural remedies for urethral stricture, follow these precautions for the most effective results.
- Be careful enough to avoid any injury to the urethra or pelvis. It is one of the most common causes of urethral stricture.
- Avoid having carbonated and caffeinated drinks. These drinks can irritate the walls of the urethra and result in stricture. Rather switch to healthy and fresh juices to keep the gut healthy and hydrated.
- Foods with excess artificial sweeteners can make inflammation of the urethra (urethral stricture) worse. Thus avoid having processed foods that have artificial sweeteners.
- Perform yoga on a proper yoga mat to avoid any injury.
What expert says about treating urethral stricture naturally
According to Dr. Rohit Kaushal, Urologist at Pristyn Care, almost 10-12% of his patients suffer from the problem of urethral stricture. In his words, “The reasons for urethral stricture can vary from person to person. Natural treatment can only help in relieving the symptoms of urethral stricture but does not assure to permanently solve the problem. Urethral stricture requires proper assessment through tests, depending upon which the treatment is delivered. If the stricture is small, it is treated through endoscopy that involves a minor cut to open the blockage. And, in cases where the stricture is long and severe, urethroplasty is performed.”
On asking further about the procedure of urethroplasty, he added that “It is the process of removing the stricture and repairing the tissues with the help of a graft. The graft is used to reconstruct the urethra. Urethroplasty is the most effective treatment that has long-lasting effects. Urethral stricture has a tendency to keep on recurring, and urethroplasty can significantly lower the recurrence rate by removing the affected area, once and for all.”
As soon as the symptoms of urethral stricture start appearing, you must get in touch with a urologist for the proper treatment. If you keep delaying medical help, the condition might get severe and painful. So, consult a urologist and also discuss the natural remedies that you want to opt to get relief from the urethral stricture problem. You can book your appointment with us at Pristyn Care to consult the best of specialist doctors.