Ayurveda has quite effective medicines for urethral stricture. Urethral stricture is a medical condition where the flow of urine reduces due to the narrowing of the part of the urethra. It is an uneasy condition that requires timely treatment. Ayurveda has various medicines to cure urethral stricture and provide long term solutions for it.
You start facing the following symptoms when you face the problem of urethral stricture:
- Stream of urine starts reducing
- The bladder does not empty properly
- Constant heaviness in the bladder due to retained urine
- More than usual urge to pass urine
- Need to exert strain for urinating
- Burning sensation while passing the urine
- Dark-colored urine due to the presence of blood
These are the common signs and symptoms related to urethral stricture that need immediate attention.
Also Read: Ways to Treat Urethral Stricture at Home
According to Ayurveda, the following are the major causes that lead to Urethral Stricture
Ayurvedic medicines are well known for their effectiveness or long-lasting effects. Ayurveda has solutions to treat urethral stricture. Let’s look into the best ayurvedic medicines that can get you rid of the discomforts of urethral stricture
- Rigorous physical exercises/activities – Indulging too much into rigorous exercises can lead to dryness in the tissues of the body. Excess dryness is a major factor to cause a scar or stricture in the urethra.
- Sitting for long hours- If your lifestyle is such that you have to sit for long hours, it makes you more prone to developing urethral stricture. And the cause becomes dryness or Vata in the body resulting in the scarring of the urethra.
- Holding the urge to urinate– If you have a tendency to suppress the need to pass the urine then you are doing harm to yourself. It disturbs the functioning of the urinary tract. Hence, increases the risks of developing urethral stricture.
- Excessive sexual intercourse- It can create an imbalance that might result in urethral stricture.
Best Ayurvedic Medicines For Urethral Stricture
You can opt for ayurvedic treatment to cure urethral stricture. Let’s look into some of the most effective and widely prescribed ayurvedic medicines for urethral stricture.
Usheer (Andropogon muricatus)
This ayurvedic medicine has a soothing effect on the urethral stricture. It also acts as a diuretic and hence, increases the volume of urine passing out of the body. Usheer also purifies the blood and brings relief to the scarring of the urethra. Therefore, usheer is quite an effective medicine for major relief to urethral stricture.
This ayurvedic remedy for urethral stricture has soothing and cleansing effects. The cleansing effect flushes the harmful bacteria out of the urinary tract. It heals the inflammation of the urethra by dealing with the Vata and Kapha doshas of the body. So, Kanchanar Guggulu effectively normalizes these doshas and solves the problem of urethral stricture.
Chandraprabha Vatika is a mixture of various ayurvedic herbs such as Triphala, Vacha, Danti, Yavya kshar, etc. These herbs are known to relieve urinary problems. Being the powerful mixture of many ayurvedic herbs, Chandra Prabha Vatika is one of the best ayurvedic medicines to cure urethral stricture. It enables the easy passage of urine through the urethra.
It contains Pippali, Musta, Guggulu, Gokshura, etc. These ingredients of the ayurvedic medicine Gokshuradi Guggulu boost the muscles of the entire urinary tract. This ayurvedic remedy prevents the urethral stricture from getting severe.
Triphala and Danti
These ayurvedic remedies release the obstruction in the urinary tract. So, Triphala and Danti readily work on healing the urethral stricture to enable the easy flow of the urine. This allows the bladder to be empty of urine and relax. Triphala and Danti proactively heal the stricture and flushes the harmful microbes out of the body through urine.
There are other ayurvedic medicines as well that provide relief to urethral stricture by soothing the scar and letting the urine easily pass through the urethra.
- Trivanga Bhasmam
- Vastyamayantaka Ghritam
- Gulguluthiktham Kashayam
- Brihatyadi Kashayam
- Varanadi Kashayam
Keep these things in mind when you take ayurvedic medicines for urethral stricture
- Refrain from having alcohol
- Quit Smoking
- Excess consumption of meat
- Spicy and refined food can make urethral stricture severe
- Avoid having too much-processed food and canned food
Common side-effects of ayurvedic medicines of urethral stricture are:
- Nausea and dizziness
- Loose motions and vomiting
Ayurvedic medicines are comparatively much safer and there are rare chances of any side-effects. But, stop taking ayurvedic medicine as soon as you start experiencing these above-mentioned side-effects. And, immediately reach out to your ayurvedic doctor so that the root cause of the problem can be identified.
The Bottom Line
According to doctors, urethral stricture has a tendency of recurring. Only a specialist doctor after performing all the diagnostics can tell the cause of recurrence. And the recurrence only makes the condition worse. The most effective treatment to prevent recurrence is urethroplasty. It is the surgical process to remove the stricture and repair the tissues of the urethra. In cases where the stricture is small, endoscopic treatment is used to clear the blockage. Moreover, when no medications work to bring permanent relief to urethral, surgical treatment is the best option that has no complications. Urethroplasty is an entirely safe procedure performed by skilled doctors with the help of modern technologies.