Looking out for tips to shed that extra weight after pregnancy? Trying hard to lose pregnancy weight and not getting desired results? Well, don’t get swayed by those worrisome thoughts. There is no doubt that focusing on your own health and taking care of the baby takes a lot of effort. As a result, it obviously becomes challenging to regain body shape after pregnancy. Also, keep in mind that starving yourself is not the key to losing “baby weight”. Eat healthy to take care of yourself and the baby.
Also Read: Post Pregnancy Depression
So, for now, take a moment to sit and know all the tips that will help you lose the baby weight faster.
Here are some effective tips to lose pregnancy weight faster:
- Takeout some time for your fitness- No matter how busy your days get in looking after the baby, you deserve some time for yourself. Make sure that you devote some time to physical activities that stimulate the body with energy and aid in losing pregnancy weight fast. Maintaining a fitness routine allows you to stay fit and far from health problems like diabetes, hypertension, and other cardiovascular issues. So, if make sure that you embrace an active yet relaxing routine to lose the pregnancy weight in a healthy manner.
- Set your body in motion- Go for regular walks to keep the entire body active. Taking regular walks and slow running is the simplest and best to start losing pregnancy weight fast. Begin with gentle morning strolls and gradually shift to brisk walking, jogging, running, and cycling in a few days. Within a few weeks, you will witness yourself losing those extra kilos faster.
- Full body stretching – It is an easy yet effective way to boost the flexibility of body muscles which also helps in losing fat, (especially post-pregnancy belly fat). Full body stretching acts as a cardio exercise and improves blood circulation in the entire body. Therefore, you should include stretching exercises in your daily routine to stay fit and losing pregnancy weight that is bothering you.
- Kegel exercise– This exercise strengthens the pelvis and the bladder. Kegel exercise is one of the most recommended exercises by doctors after childbirth. This exercise does wonder in boosting blood circulation and reducing fat after pregnancy. To perform kegel exercise, sit straight and rest against the wall, start drawing the belly button towards your spine. Ensure that your belly is firm for 4-5 seconds. Then, slowly release the contraction of the belly. Repeat this process for 5-10 minutes every day. You will witness a significant weight loss when you regularly perform a kegel exercise. Performing Kegel exercise everyday also keeps the reproductive complications at bay.
Get sufficient sound sleep
Being sleep deprived usually shows undesired results on your body weight. It is a fact established through many recent studies that if you do not get enough sleep, your body tends to retain the pregnancy weight for a longer time. Although it seems like a challenge when you have to look after the newborn, you can take help from your family members and get yourself the much needed sound sleep. So, just make sure that you give yourself a sound sleep of 8 hours to keep the bodyweight normal after pregnancy.
Breastfeeding is beneficial
Breastfeeding has various health benefits for you and the baby. One of the benefits of breastfeeding is that it assists the mother in losing pregnancy weight fast. Numerous studies reflect that women who do not breastfeed tend to retain pregnancy weight for a long for a longer time. It normally takes 2-3 months of breastfeeding to show effective results on losing the pregnancy weight. Another benefit of breastfeeding for the mother is that it enables the uterus to regain its normal size faster and.
Healthy diet to lose pregnancy weight-
Rushing into dieting right after childbirth is a big no! Just be gentle with your body and tend to its needs. Provide your body with all the nutrients, minerals, and vitamins that it needs to stay healthy after childbirth. Your health will ensure the health of your baby.
Gradually start bringing changes in your diet so that you can prevent further weight gain. Slow and steady is the best way to lose pregnancy weight. You can use the following diet tips to lose that extra weight after pregnancy:
Food rich in dietary fibers
Eating right is the smartest way to lose pregnancy weight naturally. A fibrous diet keeps the entire digestive system healthy and happy. Green leafy vegetables, nuts, carrot, broccoli, legumes, beans, and whole grains are enriched in fibers. If you are fond of eating fruits, then your goal to lose pregnancy weight is even simpler. Fruits such as banana, orange, berries, mango, and apple have high fibers and fluid content. Add these food options in your regular diet and see how easily you will lose that baby weight in just few weeks.
Keep a count on calories and carbs
Cut down the intake of added sugar and processed carbohydrates. Eating excess sugar and carbs will only lead to unhealthy weight gain that you certainly don’t need or want. Cut down binging on chips, cookies, candies, and cakes to prevent that excess body weight. Go for a healthy and light snacking such as nuts, sprouts, yogurt, and nutritious salads.
Stay hydrated and fresh
Drink lots of water and fresh juices to keep yourself hydrated. Avoid drinking caffeinated beverages as it causes dehydration of the body and can make you feel weak. Prefer fresh juices and soups over the preservative and carbonated drinks. Also, abstain from smoking and consuming alcohol to stay away from any health complications. (Also Read: 9 Benefits of Coconut Water During Pregnancy)
Yoga to lose weight after pregnancy
Yoga is one of the most effective ways to lose pregnancy weight faster. It is the best natural way to boost your health in a holistic way and get rid of the extra weight after pregnancy. Performing yoga regularly enables the body to relax after the stressful experience of childbirth. It relieves the body from stress and enhances recovery pace along with aiding shedding that extra weight.
- Mountain Pose (Parvatasana)
This posture has numerous health benefits and effectively helps in losing weight after pregnancy. Mountain pose stretches the entire body and strengthens the abdominal muscles. It is one of the most effective yoga pose for losing pregnancy weight fast.
How to do Mountain Pose (Parvatasana)- Sit on an even floor with your back straight and legs crossed. Take deep conscious breaths and raise the elbows straight and upwards while your hands are folded. Stay in this pose for a few seconds and then gradually release to the initial relaxed position as you exhale. Perform this yoga exercise daily for 10-15 minutes to lose pregnancy weight faster.
- Boat Pose (Naukasana)
This yoga exercise brings the entire body to work and helps in losing weight by extensively burning calories. Boat pose is also very effective in flushing out the toxins from the body.
How to do a Boat Pose- Lie down on your back and then lift the arms and the legs. Make sure that your hips are firm on the ground while you raise the arms and the legs. Try to retain the boat-like body posture for as long as you can. Then, gradually lie down on your back. Repeat this process for 5-10 minutes every day to lose the pregnancy weight faster in a natural way.
Once you start following these tips and keep up with them regularly, you will start to see yourself losing pregnancy weight fast. These tips consist of all the natural ways that would allow you to lose that pregnancy weight. Regaining your body shape after pregnancy will not just enhance your looks but will also boost your confidence.