There is currently no vaccine to prevent coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus.
Advisory on social distancing & home quarantine Issued by Govt of India
Social distancing is a non-pharmaceutical infection prevention and control.
The following interventions have been taken:
1. Closure of all educational establishments (schools, universities etc), gyms, museums, cultural and social centres, swimming pools and theatres. Students should be advised to stay at home. Online education to be promoted.
2. Private sector organizations/employers allow employees to work from home wherever feasible.
3. Restaurants/Malls/Shopping Complexes/Entertainment Complex are now shut.
4. Hospitals to follow necessary protocol related with COVID-19 management as prescribed and restrict family/friends/children visiting patients in hospitals.
5. Special protective measures for delivery men/ women working in online ordering services.
Don’t panic, be prepared
The World Health Organisation (WHO) has recently declared the novel coronavirus a pandemic and with that the fear of the disease has gripped all people from villages, small towns and metro cities of India alike, barring none.
Reasons why you don't have to panic: