According to a survey conducted in Mumbai, more than seven percent of the adults suffer from varicose veins.
The percentage indicates the urgency of the matter and the importance of understanding the medical condition, its symptoms and the appropriate treatment option.
You can avail the most appropriate option only if you are fully aware of the severity of the condition and the different treatment options available.
The veins that are large, swollen and feels lumpy when touched in your legs are varicose veins. The severity of the condition depends on the distinctive color the veins show. If the veins are just blue and not itchy, the condition can be cured using some holistic methods. But if the veins have turned purplish, the situation has aggravated and requires some medical help.
Tomatoes Can Provide Some Relief
Tomatoes have healing properties. There is a compound in the flesh as well as the seeds which act as an anticoagulant that dilutes the blood and prevents the pooling of the blood. In addition to the acid, the tomatoes have flavonoids that helps to strengthen the walls of the blood vessels.
Below mentioned are five major benefits of tomatoes that make them play a major role in curing varicose veins.
5 Advantages of Tomatoes in Curing Varicose Veins
As tomatoes are an all-natural product, it does not react to the body negatively. Instead of taking lots of medicines and pills, this is an ideal solution for those who are looking for a seamless and safe solution.
Although studies suggest that the permanent method to cure varicose veins is injecting chemicals, it is not the safest option available. Using tomatoes and its juices on the affected veins are more helpful.
There is nothing worse than the discomfort caused by the varicose veins. So it is quite normal if you are looking for a situation that is fast. The pain and itching cease your regular way of living.
A great way to get to the bottom and make sure the situation doesn’t worsen is using tomatoes.
You’ll be able to see the change in how the veins feel and appear too. If you follow the steps appropriately and feel determined to yield some results, this is one of the strongest treatment options you can opt for.
Preventive in Nature
It is prudent to remember that it is not always about finding a cure, the preventative solutions are equally important.
It is not always about concentrating on the short term effect. A treatment option that just cures the problem for the time being and doesn’t provide permanent relief is an unfortunate one.
Tomatoes not only help you get immediate relief but it also makes sure the results are long-lasting. Once you are treated with tomatoes, you don’t have to worry about its recurrence and bringing your life to a standstill.
The most satisfying part of using tomatoes as a treatment option is its simplicity. It is one of the easiest ways to cure varicose veins.
If you opt for a number of treatments all at the same time, not only these are cumbersome, time-consuming but the dreadfulness of going through the whole procedure is also a waste. So it is better if you avoid this whole process and opt for something much simpler.
It is quite natural if you have this question in your mind, “Is it safe to apply tomatoes on varicose veins?”.
There are several studies that can put your curiosity to rest. The findings of these studies suggest that there is no risk in using tomatoes for curing varicose veins. In worst-case scenarios, you’ll just feel a burning sensation that goes away once you wash the affected veins with cold water.
Tomatoes are used vastly to improve the quality of the skin by acting as a cleansing agent. Varicose veins are removed quickly by working on the valves that control the blood flow.
Guide On How To Use Tomatoes To Cure The Varicose Veins
To combat the symptoms of the varicose veins and make them a thing of the past, you use green or red tomatoes for a few seconds. Here’s a way to use tomatoes to get relief from these itchy, bulged out veins.
- Start by washing 2-3 tomatoes
- Cut the tomatoes into rings or slices
- Place the rings or slices onto the veins
- Hold the rings with a simple bandage of cloth
- You’ll start to feel a tingling sensation
- Remove the rings or slices and wash the veins with cold water
You can use this remedy as many times as you want throughout the day. But you’ll get the best results if you use the tomatoes only 4-5 times a day.
You will be able to notice results within 2 weeks by which you’ll see the veins to fade. You’ll also start getting relief from the swelling, discomfort and pain. With each passing day, the varicose veins will disappear entirely.
In addition to applying tomatoes, there are some home remedies that you can try to cure varicose veins. The most effective ones are discussed below.
8 Home Remedies That You Never Imagined Could Cure Varicose Veins
Varicose veins are bulged out veins in the legs that turn blue or purplish over time. They majorly develop because of some specific lifestyle habits that affect the blood circulation of these veins.
The most common complaint patients suffering from varicose veins is serious aesthetic concerns. Hence, people try to avoid the conservative surgical method and opt for home remedies. The home remedies you can try to cure the condition of varicose veins-
- Cayenne pepper- This is a rich source of vitamin C and bioflavonoid that increases the blood flow as well as eases out the pain. Drink a mixture of cayenne powder in water three times a day to treat the condition.
- Olive oil- Olive oil is largely used to prevent any inflammation of the body. Hence, masse the skin with olive oil to increase circulation and also reduce pain. Use this twice daily regularly for a month to get the desired results.
- Garlic- It is known to reduce inflammation as well as the symptoms of varicose veins. Garlic breaks up the harmful toxins in the veins and improves circulation.
- Butcher’s broom- This is a herb used to relieve the ache and discomfort of varicose veins.
- Witch hazel- It is known to strengthen the blood vessels and reduce the symptoms of varicose veins. Apart from this, these contain essential oils that help to reduce swelling and also ache associated with varicose veins.
- Horse chestnut seeds- This is an age-old remedy used in the treatment of varicose veins. These have anti-inflammatory remedies and the anti-swelling effect that increases ‘venous tone’ as well as reduce the appearance of varicose veins.
- Parsley- Considered as a powerful antioxidant, this is known to be rich in Vitamin C and encourages the production of collagen. It also helps in cell reproduction and repair.
- Apple Cider Vinegar- It is considered as a natural cleansing product. In addition to this, they have positive effects on health such as antibacterial effect, reduction in blood pressure, an antioxidant effect, an antidiabetic effect, an antitumor effect, reduction and prevention of obesity, an antihypertensive and cholesterol decreasing effect, a healing effect on injuries, and a positive effect on the brain. Massage this on a daily basis two times a day- before going to bed as well as in the morning.
Furthermore, you can try other holistic remedies such as exercising, making dietary changes, using compression stockings, utilizing plant extracts, etc. to cure the condition. Although these natural remedies can be used to cure varicose veins, they take a long term to provide results. This increases the chances of ulcers, blood clots and in severe cases rupture of the vein. When you visit the doctor, you’ll be recommended surgery. Don’t worry as with the advancement of technology you can get treated for varicose veins without any pain.
Do Tomatoes really work?
The authenticity of using tomatoes for curing varicose veins is questionable. Some people consider it a folk medicine while some of them consider it a myth.
But studies have proven that tomatoes do work to cure varicose veins. The idea that how this medicine work is owed to Russian folk.
Tomatoes contain a natural compound similar to regular aspirin which acts as a blood thinner and improves blood circulation. Due to increased blood flow, the pooled blood in the varicose veins is cleared out, thereby reducing varicose veins. Tomatoes are rich in flavonoids, known to strengthen blood vessel walls. Stronger blood vessels prevent the pooling of blood.
The treatment for varicose veins can be done using slices of tomatoes. There are several benefits of tomatoes that make them one of the most preferred treatment options.
You can also prevent the condition from getting worse by maintaining healthy blood pressure. This can be achieved by following a low impact exercise, eating a balanced diet and avoiding foods that increase blood pressure. But even after sustained usage of tomatoes, the veins seem to remain the same then you must consider other options such as laser treatment.
Laser treatment for varicose veins is considered as the most effective treatment option. This is a painless procedure that involves absolutely no cuts or incisions. This ensures minimum bleeding which in turn promises a faster recovery.
The laser-based procedures are performed on an outpatient basis and leave behind no scars. Pristyn Care clinics are fully equipped with the latest technology to provide this laser treatment. Contact our medical coordinator today to know more about laser treatment for varicose veins.