Phimosis is a condition where the foreskin of the penis becomes too tight that you cannot retract it over the glans penis (tip of the penis). It causes much discomfort for the person to wear fitted clothes. Not just that, phimosis makes it difficult for a person to urinate without discomfort. Phimosis can occur on its own or can be a result of the forcible retraction of the foreskin.
Other causes of phimosis include inflammation of the foreskin, causing it to swell and get stuck in one place. Balanitis, a condition of inflammation of the glans penis is yet another major reason for phimosis. Lichen Sclerosus, which is a skin infection, can contribute to Balanitis that can ultimately result in Phimosis.
Usually, there are following signs of an infection of the penis:
- Swelling and itchiness
- Color of the foreskin changes
- Pain and discomfort
So, you should give immediate attention when these signs arise so that you can treat the problem in time. Delaying or taking the condition casually only makes the symptoms grow more serious.
Phimosis Natural Treatment
There is nothing much to fret about the natural treatment of phimosis, it consists of simple practices. All you require is to have a proactive approach to your health. The natural treatment is highly preferred by people as they are easy and the chances of complications or side-effects are nil.
- Stretching the foreskin gently- You can try to gently retract or stretch the foreskin to return to its original/ normal position. But, always keep it in mind to not force stretching the foreskin. Do it only gently because forcing to pull the foreskin can result in swelling and pain. You would not want to make your condition worse, so just be gentle in stretching your foreskin to get rid of phimosis. The most effective way is to do it while taking a bath with warm water. Warm water has a soothing effect and makes it easier for you to retract the foreskin.
- Coconut Oil- Coconut oil is really good for lubricating the penis while you try to stretch the foreskin to get it back to its normal place. Lubricating is better as it reduces the chances of scarring and forceful overstretching. Coconut oil is definitely among the used natural treatment for phimosis
- Castor Oil- Castor oil is thick and viscous that deeply nourishes the foreskin of the penis. So, you can use castor oil when you gently try to stretch or pull the foreskin from the head of the penis. The deep moisturizing effects of castor oil saves you from the pain and scarring. Also, you should wash the oil after some time and do not let it stay for long hours. Washing away the oil with warm water is the best way to get rid of any dirt and dead cells. This is another effective and simple tip for you to treat phimosis naturally.
- Massage with a herbal oil– Gently massaging the penis with a herbal oil also works quite effectively in allowing the foreskin to retract. Again, be aware while massaging that you are not overstretching or scarring. Otherwise, it can have negative impacts.
What to do when the natural treatment for Phimosis does not bring permanent relief?
You should visit a specialist doctor when your condition of phimosis does not improve much even after trying the natural treatments. Timely proper diagnosis and treatment can save you from complications that arise if phimosis persists for a long time. The doctors usually recommend circumcision to get rid of phimosis once and for all. Nowadays, the advanced laser-based technique is used for circumcision.
Laser circumcision for Phimosis
Laser circumcision is the minimally invasive treatment that takes about only 10-15 minutes to complete. Circumcision is the procedure of surgically removing the foreskin. The laser technique involves no cuts, stitches, and wounds, so it allows the patient to recover faster. The patient can easily resume his normal routine within 3-4 days only.
- Other than Phimosis, circumcision is a cure for other conditions such as paraphimosis, balanitis, etc.
- Circumcision prevents the chances of contracting urinary tract infections.
- It significantly lowers the chances of transmission of sexually transmitted infections such as HIV, syphilis, gonorrhea, etc.
- Circumcision makes it easy to keep hygiene and allows the man to last longer in sexual intercourse. (Also Read: Circumcised or Uncircumcised? How does it feel to a woman? )
Natural treatment for phimosis can be effective in getting rid of it once and for all. But, it is definitely wiser to seek medical help as soon as you start facing the discomforting symptoms of phimosis. Also, discuss with your doctor about the natural remedies that you are using for phimosis so that there is complete transparency. Do not be scared if the doctor recommends you to undergo circumcision as a permanent solution. It is actually the best way out when no natural treatment works for phimosis.