Hard collections or deposits if salts and minerals accumulated and formed inside the kidneys are kidney stones. There are many factors that can lead to the formation of kidney stones in a person. Generally, kidney stones are formed when the urine is so concentrated that it allows the minerals to crystallize and stick up together. Both males and females run an equal risk of kidney stones. The sex of the individual does not play a vital role in occurrence of the disease. Stones in kidneys can affect other parts of the urinary tract including the bladder, ureters, etc.
10 Signs and Symptoms of Kidney Stones in Females.
There are some signs and symptoms that may indicate kidney stones in an individual but the exact answer can be known only after medical examination and tests. Below are mentioned the 10 Signs and Symptoms of Kidney Stones in Females:
- You remain tired and less concentrated- The functioning level of kidneys decreases and can lead to formation and building up of impurities and toxins in the blood in case a person is suffering from kidney stones. The individual can feel weak, dizzy, tired all the time and can feel fall in concentration level. Kidney stones can also lead to anemia which further causes weakness and fatigue in the person. (Also Read: Know About The Types of Kidney Stones )
- Sleeplessness- The kidneys serve the purpose of filter and remove the toxins from the blood. The kidneys are not able to properly serve that purpose of purification and the toxins stay in the blood only instead of leaving the body through the urine. The patient is unable to sleep in such cases.
- Dry, flaky and itchy skin- Healthy kidneys remove the wastes, extra fluids, toxins from the blood. In case of kidney stones, the kidneys are unable to help make the RBCs and maintain the normal balance of minerals in the blood. Dry and itchy skin is a sign of imbalance of minerals and nutrients in the blood, which indicates kidney stones.
- Frequent urge to Urinate- There is a frequent urge to urinate, especially during the night if suffering from kidney stones. This happens when the kidney filters get damaged. This sign can also be an indication for urinary infection or enlarged prostate in males.
- Blood in urine- Kidney filters are damaged if stones are present. This leads to blood leak into the urine. Apart from kidney stones, blood in urine can also indicate infection in the kidneys or tumors.
- Foamy urine- Normal urine is supposed to be clear. But the urine is excessively bubbly or foamy in case of kidney stones. This is because of protein in the urine.
- Puffy Eyes- Foamy urine due to presence of protein in urine is one of the first signs of damage to kidney filters. Damaged kidney filters lead to leakage of protein in the urine. Puffy eyes can be because of excessive leakage of protein in the urine instead of keeping them in the body itself.
- Swollen ankles and feet- Damaged kidneys cannot function normally. Decrease in normal functioning of the kidneys can cause sodium retention, which can lead to swelling in ankles and feet of the person. Such swelling can also be a sign of serious heart diseases, liver problems or chronic problems in veins of the legs.
- Loss of Appetite- Loss of appetite is a common symptom of kidney stones. In case the kidneys are not functioning normally, toxins will build up which will reduce the appetite of the person.
- Frequent Cramps in Muscles- there can be an imbalance of the electrodes if the kidneys are impaired. Low calcium levels and poor control over phosphorus levels can lead to cramps in the muscles.
How to treat kidney stones?
There are various treatments available to get rid of kidney stones. Be it natural treatment or the modern treatment to cure kidney stones, you will be amazed to know that you can get rid of kidney stones in the following ways.
Use effective home remedies for fast relief from kidney stones
- Drink coconut water every day to keep yourself hydrated and prevent the formation of new kidney stones.
- Fresh pomegranate juice is loaded with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties that improve the functioning of the kidneys.
- You can also use the banana stem as it is enriched with potassium and magnesium that prevent kidney stones from forming. The banana stem also acts as a diuretic that increases the volume of urine to pass.
- Have lemonade or lemon juice in a glass of warm water every morning to dissolve kidney stones.
- Juice of basil leaves is yet another remedy for a kidney stone that prevents kidney stones from growing bigger and severe.
Modern treatment procedures
Nowadays, the simple modern procedures for kidney stones provide permanent relief. Unlike, the open surgery for kidney stones, laser treatment, and shockwave lithotripsy is quite simple and minimally invasive.
Laser treatment for kidney stones
The doctor uses fiber and inserts it into the urethra to reach the kidney stone. The precise and high-intensity laser energy is enough to break down the kidney stones without damaging the surrounding tissues. Therefore, laser treatment uses no cuts or incisions on the body, and hence the patient recovers speedily.
Shockwave lithotripsy for kidney stones
It is also an equally safe and minimally invasive treatment for kidney stones. The strong vibrations to break down the kidney stones are called shockwaves. The entire procedure is painless and the patient can go back home on the same day of the procedure. The crushed kidney stones pass through the urine due to which the urine may appear dark brown. That is absolutely normal.
If you want to get rid of the kidney stones and want to know more about these treatments, feel free to contact Pristyn Care. We offer both the aforementioned treatment for kidney stones. You can consult our specialist doctors by booking an online appointment.