To diagnose blurry vision, eye care professionals usually perform a routine eye examination. During the exam, the patient has to read a vision chart that is placed at a standard distance. Then an assortment of lenses is tried to see which pair of lenses allow the patient to see clearly.
Special imaging exam or other testing is rarely necessary if the doctor confirms that your vision problems are due to refractive errors.
Sometimes, the doctor may use an automated refractor to determine the refractive error and eye power. Other than that, the doctor may also recommend tests like ophthalmoscopy, refraction test, or tonometry test to check eye health.
For correction of refractive errors, Pristyn Care doctors perform LASIK eye surgery. The procedure involves the following steps:
- The doctors put eye drops in your eyes to numb them. Then a lid speculum is placed inside the eyes to hold them open.
- Then a suction ring is placed over the eyes to restrict cornea movements.
- Then the surgeon places the laser over the eye to remove the flap over the cornea.
- Once the flap is removed, the laser cuts tiny portions of the cornea to reshape it until the ideal shape is achieved.
- To correct myopia, the cornea is flattened a little bit, and to correct hyperopia, the cornea is made steep.
- After reshaping, the flap is placed back in the original position without any stitches and left to heal naturally.
The exact surgery takes only 10 minutes, and the preparation takes around 20 minutes. Overall, the treatment takes around 30 minutes, and you can go back home on the same day.