Circumcision is done to remove a male’s foreskin from the head of the penis. It’s one of the oldest and most common surgical procedures that is mainly performed for religious and medical reasons.
Circumcision for new-born is a brief procedure that gets completed in hardly 5-10 minutes. Whereas in an adult, the surgery takes around 30 minutes. Before the surgery, an anaesthetist administers medication to help sedate you and depending upon your preferences you may choose to go with general or local anesthesia.
Infants belonging to Islam and Judaism are circumcised for religious purposes. Whereas males belonging to a religion other than these two religions are circumcised for medical reasons. (Also Read: How The Procedure Of Circumcision Changed Over Time? )
It prevents sexually transmitted diseases, phimosis, paraphimosis, and balanitis. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), there is solid evidence that circumcision reduces the risk of contracting HIV during intercourse by 60 percent.
Laser circumcision is a medical procedure that removes the excess foreskin from the head of the penis with the help of a laser beam. It is more effective compared to conventional circumcision because laser beam cuts and control bleeding from the skin. It involves minimal cuts whereas conventional circumcision involves a deeper incision which results in more bleeding, more pain, and longer recovery time.
Also, there are chances of infection in conventional circumcision. However, laser circumcision ensures no risk of infection, hemorrhage or other common side effects associated with conventional circumcision.
Now the question is, how much time does it take to recover from circumcision. And what are the things you must focus on to recover quickly after going through a laser circumcision?
Here are a few things you must focus on after the surgery
- A little bit of pain occurs post the circumcision, but that’s alright.
- It usually takes a week to recover from circumcision.
- Wear underwear that holds the penis in place rather than loose-fitting boxer shorts.
- Drink plenty of fluids. It helps in diluting the acidity in urine and reduce pain in urination.
- Refrain from any physical activity until the wound is healed completely.
- Don’t use cream which is not prescribed by your doctor. It can increase the risk of infection and scars.
- You can dab petroleum jelly on the end of the penis. It helps in reducing the stinging sensation during urination.
- Take the pain medication prescribed by the doctor.
- If the pain doesn’t stop then contact your doctor.
- A sponge bath is fine but avoid yourself from full-body bathing for a minimum of two days post the surgery.
- When you take a full-body bath after two days. Make sure that you don’t scrub the incision site.
- If you are an adult, make sure that you don’t engage yourself in any form of sexual intercourse for 2-3 weeks.
Benefits of Laser Circumcision
- Precise procedure
- Ten minutes procedure
- No pain
- No blood
- No wound
- No scar
- Minimum swelling
- Effective compared to the conventional method
- Same-day discharge
- Same day driving
- Next day bath
- Daily dressing not required
- Your fertility is not affected
- You get rid of all foreskin issues
- You face no issues in intercourse after procedure
If you are planning for a laser circumcision, you can consult a doctor at Pristyn Care about your expectations for the same.