With the developments in Science and Technology, medical treatments have evolved in new ways. It’s almost possible to rectify any part of the body and be your type of perfect. Hymenoplasty is the surgical reconstruction of the hymen.
As you might be familiar, the hymen is a ring-like membrane in a woman’s vagina. With sexual penetration, regress workout or sports it may rift. Leading to breaking of virginity which might be unacceptable for some. Virginity is a taboo category. Nevertheless, hymen reconstruction surgery can help fix that rift.
Benefits of Hymenoplasty
- It restores the hymen to bleed during sexual intercourse.
- Women living in conservative societies can take control of their future. Hymenoplasty can save themselves from useless doubts.
- A good way to a new start for victims of sexual assault.
- Hymenoplasty rejuvenates the hymen making a woman feel young again.
Also Read: What is the Requirement of Hymenoplasty?
Procedure of Hymenoplasty
- Hymen reconstruction surgery can be done after months or years of breaking virginity. To avoid any risks, the surgery must be done by a plastic surgeon.
- This is a surgical procedure in which the torn edges of the hymen are joined back together. The hymen can break due to sexual intercourse, sport, exercises, etc. The procedure gives a rejuvenated hymen. It appears new, youthful and can bleed on sexual penetration. (Also Read: Things You Should Know About Hymenoplasty!)
- After a few days of surgery, the stitched edges of hymen dissolve by themselves.
- The process takes about an hour to finish.
- Patients are discharged from the hospital after 5 to 6 hours of the surgery.
- Patients are advised to avoid any vigorous activity. Lifting of heavyweights and sexual intercourse should be avoided. Minimum physical activity is suggested for a month after the surgery.
- The patient can resume normal work the next day. Complete healing will take about 4 weeks approximately.
Side Effects of Hymenoplasty
The hymenoplasty is a completely safe surgery with no long term side effects. Just like any other surgery, it may have a few complications after the treatment. Surely, the complications vary from patient to patient. For some women, it goes completely pain-free while others may experience some complications.
Read below to know about the common complications after Hymenoplasty:
1 Occasional Pain and Itching- The woman may feel pain around the area of the surgery. This happens after the anesthesia wears off. The doctor prescribes pain killers for two to three days for the ease of the patient.
2 Abnormal Bleeding- The sutures used to stitch the hymen together are dissolvable. These sutures may cause bleeding if the female walks or does other physical activities. It happens in very rare cases, in just one percent of the cases.
3 Abnormal Vaginal Discharge- The female may have yellowish-green discharge after the surgery. Poor hygiene makes the vagina more prone to bacteria and infection. This causes abnormal green-colored discharge. The doctor prescribes some antibiotics for quick recovery.
4 Infection- It is very essential to keep the vaginal area clean, dry and fresh after the surgery. The area should remain sweat-free and get proper ventilation. To prevent sweat accumulation, the doctor advises wearing loose clothes. If the female fails to maintain personal hygiene, infections may prevail. Immediately consult your surgeon if you feel any signs of infection.
In conclusion, complications happen due to a lack of personal hygiene in intimate areas. It is essential to follow the doctor’s advice for a good recovery. Above all, Hymenoplasty is a completely safe surgery and has no complications. There are zero side effects of this surgery. However, if the complications worsen, consult your doctor without wasting time.
Visit Pristyn Care for the most advanced, safe and pain-free procedure of Hymenoplasty It is a one-day procedure. The patient does not need to stay in the hospital for several days after the surgery. The female can resume normal lifestyle from the next day after the surgery.
For a healthy and quick recovery, make sure to take your medications in time Also, wear loose, cotton clothes for comfort, avoid wearing tight clothing. In case of any inconvenience, our doctors and the medical team is there for you.