Piles is one of the most painful deals on the planet. You have to be careful while sitting, standing, walking or doing anything else for that matter. The blood, the pain, it’s just too much to bear. No wonder, people suffering want to get rid of the disease as soon as they can. The question is ‘how?’
While there are a number of ways to treat piles, most of them are either painful or make the patient conscious causing them to shy away. So, how to treat it? For every patient looking for a quick, painless and aesthetic treatment, the ultimate answer is Piles Laser Surgery.
There can be many reasons for piles. It is a genetic disease, so a family member is also at risk of having piles. In most cases, constipation is the cause of piles. When there is strong pressure in the rectum, this problem occurs due to the stress in the blood vessels. The pressure in the rectum arises more in the problem of constipation. In this article, we shall discuss laser treatment for piles, its benefits, recovery times and side-effects.
What are the symptoms of piles?
In the initial stage, piles may not give you any signs or symptoms. Otherwise, the symptoms of piles are:
- Pain, itching or discomfort in the anal region
- Pain during bowel movement
- Blood in stools
- Swelling in the anal region
What causes piles or hemorrhoids?
The veins in the anal region swell during piles. The inflammation can be due to following reasons:
- Chronic constipation: There may be straining to pass stools that puts pressure on the abdominal walls.
- Sedentary lifestyle: No activity and sitting for long hours can also lead to piles.
- Pregnancy: Piles is a common problem in women during pregnancy. The size of the uterus increases putting pressure on the veins of the colon. Therefore, it may result in bulging lumps in the anal region. (Also Read: Know About the Risk of Piles during Pregnancy )
- Not taking a healthy diet such as a low-fiber diet and insufficient water.
- Anal intercourse
- Sitting on the toilet seat for long hours
- Regularly lifting heavyweight
Classification of piles
This occurs on the surface of the anus. They may or may not be visible. When they are visible, you may notice lumps around the anal region. You may notice the same symptoms but the discomfort may be more when you sit, during a bowel movement or do any physical work.
Internal hemorrhoids are found inside the rectum. They are not visible and sometimes go on their own. Whereas sometimes, they can stick out of the anus. This situation is known as prolapsed hemorrhoids.
Prolapsed hemorrhoids are further divided into four categories depending on their degree:
- Grade I: Do not prolapse
- Grade II: When you put pressure on anal or rectum area such as straining during bowel movement, they may prolapse and retract themselves.
- Another is Grade III: Prolapsed hemorrhoids that you can push inside. Need medical attention.
- Grade IV: They are very painful and cannot go back inside. Surgery is the only treatment to get rid of Grade IV piles.
It is a complication that occurs due to hemorrhoids. Thrombosed hemorrhoids are blood clot within the hemorrhoids. These are swelling or lumps around the anus. You must contact the doctor immediately if you notice symptoms such as
- Intense pain and itching
- Redness and swelling
- Bluish color near anal region
The doctor performs a physical examination to diagnose piles. If it is internal piles, the examination is necessary for anal and rectum.
- One is a digital examination where the doctor wears his glove, lubricates it and inserts it in the rectum. The doctor may notice some abnormal growth.
- Another is a visual examination. Sometimes, internal hemorrhoids may be difficult to diagnose. So the doctor examines the colon with anoscope or proctoscope.
How laser surgery For Piles works?
Here’s the whole procedure into simple steps, so you know how easy and flawless it is:
- Firstly, the medical staff gives anesthesia to the patient
- A high precision Laser signal/energy is sent into the submucosal hemorrhoidal nodes directly through the radial fiber by laser piles expert
- The swollen nodes start shrinking from the inside
- The same laser reduces the blood supply. This inhibits the abnormal growth of piles in the rectum
- Ultimately, this whole procedure prevents the condition and recurrence of the disease in most cases
NOTE: In some cases, a formal surgical intervention may be required.
How Laser Treatment for Piles is better than Open Surgical Treatment?
While a laser surgery seems like a really convenient option to go for, is it effective and more successful than the traditional open surgery?
Advantages of Piles Laser Surgery
- Clean surgery without cuts or wounds
- Painless treatment
- Quick recovery
- Maintains the sphincter action excluding all odds of a fecal leak or any incontinence
- Least post-treatment uneasiness/discomfort to the patient
- Least planning required. Same day treatment and discharge
- The operation takes around 30 minutes
- No diet restrictions
- None to least infection risks involved
- Minimal blood loss
- You can go to work from the very next day
- Negligible recurrence rate
- The most aesthetic of all piles treatments. Gives the patient a confidence boost
- HIGH SUCCESS RATE!
No wonder patients who get laser surgery for piles speak all good of it.
More about Laser Treatment for Piles: What to Expect?
Piles or hemorrhoids like any other medical condition asks for a qualified treatment. As it affects a sensitive area of your body, the treatment must be carried out with immense care.
Once it’s done, the effects start showing up but all of it takes time. To help you know more here’s everything that you can expect after a laser treatment for piles. Let us listen to the Pristyn Care expert at Piles Laser Clinic who explains everything about piles and laser surgery for piles.
Right after leaving the piles laser clinic
In most cases, after getting a piles laser treatment you’ll be leaving the clinic on the same day. And that too without sedation. Although, pain management is something that you may have to worry about. In such cases, doctors prescribe you medicines or over-the-counter medication. When on these medicines, you wouldn’t feel pain.
Bowel movement can also be painful for a few days. To help yourself, you can consider taking stool softeners prescribed by your doctor. They are really effective. Also, make sure you eat plenty of fiber and drink a lot of water. Using a sitz bath can also improve your condition after piles laser surgery. In short, do as the surgeon instructs you to do after the piles surgery.
Recovery time for laser surgery piles
Like after any other piles treatment in the world, a laser surgical treatment also requires healing time for post-operative healing. It’s just that the period of recovery is shorter than that in other treatments.
Also, note that the recovery time varies from patient to patient. However, in most general cases it’ll take the patient around a week to be completely fine after piles laser surgery. You can resume normal routine after 2-3 days. The best part is the patients who received treatment can get back to their work schedule from the very next day.
With all the dreadful symptoms that piles bring in, undoubtedly it is one of the most painful and hard to bear diseases that humans have to deal with. And that’s not even where it ends. The embarrassment is yet another deal that disturbs patients like anything, be it for conversations or for the treatment itself.
All thanks to the Laser treatment for piles that such issues are not prevalent anymore. Laser treatment cures piles once and for all (in most cases). Being completely painless and the most aesthetic, it doesn’t bug the patient much and also boosts their confidence.
Here, you read everything about piles laser treatment. To know about piles laser surgery cost, you can contact our medical coordinators or visit our nearest piles laser clinic.
- Piles is a common lifestyle problem affecting both men and women. It is swelling or inflammation in anal region that develops due to excess pressure on the veins.
- Chronic constipation, straining during the bowel movement, chronic diarrhea or genetic factors are factors causing piles or hemorrhoids.
- Lifestyle habits such as long sitting hours, sedentary lifestyle, spicy-junk food, insufficient water and inadequate fiber content in the body may also result in piles.
- Laser surgery for piles is a common and minimally invasive procedure to treat the condition.
Piles Treatment in your City