These days, women are starting to get very much concerned about the elasticity of their vagina. Because a loose vagina necessarily signifies loss of sexual pleasure, which is an immensely important aspect when it comes to relationships between two people, especially, when it is marriage that binds the two people.
Hence, it is very much a necessity to ensure that the vagina stays in proper shape throughout the sex life of a woman.
What causes loosening of a vagina?
Basically, it is a myth that the vagina loses its elasticity after multiple sexual intercourses. The vagina is capable of handling frequent penetrations without getting loose.
Majorly, there are two things which are responsible for the loss of flexibility of a vagina:
As the woman reaches her 40s, she may begin noticing some changes in the elasticity of her vagina. This happens due to the entry of the woman in her perimenopause stage, during which the woman’s estrogen levels begin to drop.
The decrease in the estrogen levels signifies:
- Vaginal tissue getting thinner.
- Vagina getting drier.
- Vagina losing its acidity.
- Vagina getting less flexible.
These changes can be noticed easily as menopause closes in.
It is absolutely obvious and completely normal for the vagina to experience a change in its flexibility after a normal delivery. After all, the vaginal tissues need to stretch enough to allow the baby through. The vagina does start snapping back to its original position a few days after the childbirth, but still, sometimes it may go back to its original position and regain its original shape, and sometimes, it may not. And after two or more childbirths, it is almost impossible for the vagina to gain back its original position and shape.
Hence, after childbirth, the first thing that a mother needs to keep in mind is thinking about the maethods or ways that can help vagina regain its original shape and size. Basically, women, who face such issues, need to strengthen their vaginal muscles, which are responsible for the optimum flexibility of vagina.
Ways to strengthen the vaginal muscles
The muscles at the pelvic floor can be strengthened by pelvic exercises. The pelvic floor muscles are very important and need to be kept into shape because they support:
- Small intestine
Here are some of the best vaginal tightening methods:
1. Kegel Exercise:
- First of all, women need to find a good position for this exercise. Lying on the back works for most of the women.
- Contract the pelvic floor muscles and hold the contraction for about 5 seconds. Then relax and stay like that for another 5 seconds.
- Repeat this method for about 5 times in a row.
- Practice 3 sets of Kegel 5 to 10 times a day for the best results. This method really helps to strengthen the pelvic muscles.
2. Pelvic Tilt Exercise:
- This exercise also helps strengthen the vaginal muscles.
- The woman, while keeping her knees soft, needs to stand with her butt and shoulder against a wall.
- Then, the woman needs to pull the bellybutton in towards her spine.
- The woman needs to keep the belly button tightened for 4 seconds, and then needs to release it.
- This exercise needs to be done 5 to 10 times a day, for optimum and quick results.
3. Vaginal Cones:
Vaginal cones are basically objects that women are supposed to be inserted in the vagina and held. These are little tampon like weighted objects.
- The woman needs to insert the lightest cone into the vagina.
- Then the woman is supposed to squeeze the muscles, and hold them in place for about 15 minutes, twice a day.
- The woman is then needed to keep on increasing the weight of the cone, as soon as she succeeds in handling the previous one.
4. Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation (NMES):
- Here, using a probe, electric current is sent through the pelvic floor to strengthen the vaginal muscles.
- The constant passage of the electric current through the pelvic floor causes its muscles to contract and relax simultaneously.
- NMES can be performed at home using a home unit or have a doctor perform the treatment at the hospital.
- This session is of about 20 minutes. The frequency of this session should be about once every 4 days, for a few weeks, and then doctor may or may not suggest a change in the frequency.
Hence, the methods mentioned above can surely help women tighten their vagina, and improving the elasticity and flexibility of the vaginal muscles, vaginal tissues and pelvic floor muscles.