Homeopathic medicines for piles or hemorrhoids may offer treatments which is temporary. Usually, homeopathic treatment for piles takes long which might result in further complications. These medicines only work at the physical level to provide relief from pain that has caused hemorrhoids in the first place. In the later stages of piles, complete recovery cannot be achieved, however, it provides relief from the symptoms that cause piles.
What are the symptoms of piles?
- Feeling pain while passing stool
- Sometimes it is mild otherwise it is severe and irritating
- There is a pain even hours after passing stool
- Strain in the anal area
- Dryness and parchedness in the anal region
What causes piles?
Usually, the swollen veins in piles occur due to increased pressure in the rectum. This pressure breaks the tissues supporting the anal walls which leads to hemorrhoids. The important causes are:
- Irregular bowel movements
- Lack of fiber diet
- Long-lasting diarrhea
- Straining to empty the bowel such as constipation
- Increased pressure in the abdomen such as pregnancy, lifting heavyweight
- Prolonged sitting
- Family history: Hereditary can contribute to the development of piles.
Top 10 homeopathic medicines for piles
Here are the 10 best medicines for piles which are:
- Aloe Socotrina: This is advised when the piles are outside the anus and in the forms of tiny balls. It is the solution for symptoms associated with irritated bowel or ulcerative colitis. Sore pain in the anal region and pelvic region can be controlled with this. This medicine may also control the burning sensation while passing stool.
- Nux Vomica: If somebody has constipation along with piles, Nux Vomica provides relief. It is helpful in treating piles caused due to a sedentary lifestyle such as overeating especially spicy food, drinking alcohol.
- Hamamelis: This remedy is used to control bleeding while passing stools. Pulsation in the rectum can also be controlled with this medicine. Improve the blood circulation in the veins.
- Ratanhia: To treat severe pain which feels like a knife is thrust inside, this medicine comes into role.
- Aesculus: If a patient has back pain along with hemorrhoids, this is the medicine in Homeopathy.
- Ignatia: Piles along with spasm and stabbing pain in the rectum can be treated with this medicine.
- Graphite: This is the medicine for piles along with constipation. It treats hard, knotty and mucus-filled stools. It also cures a patient who is obese, has eruptions and constipation.
- Sulphur: It controls major symptoms of internal and external hemorrhoids that include itching, pain, swelling and soreness in the anal region.
- Calcarea: Piles with back pain, itching and bleeding in the anal region may be treated. Even internal hemorrhoids that cause soreness in the sacrum gets treated.
- Muriatic acid and Causticum: It is used for treatment in extreme cases of piles where the person cannot tolerate the touch, muriatic acid is used to get relief. It is used in case of large, swollen, sore or blue hemorrhoids.
The sooner the patient approaches a homeopath for treatment of piles during initial grade piles, the higher the chances of complete recovery.
Piles are divided into two categories
Internal piles begin inside the anal canal and are further divided into four grades depending on whether they come out of the anus or how far they come out.
- Grade I: they may bleed but they do not come out of the anus.
- In Grade II: they come out during bowel movement and go back after that.
- Grade III: they come out of the anus and go back only if they are pushed back.
- Grade IV: they are outside the anus and can not be pushed back. They are very painful and can get clotted.
External piles affect the veins outside the anus and are found beneath the skin around the anus. Homeopathy treats piles but there are certain conditions that may need immediate attention and treatment otherwise it may lead to another health problem.
However, since the homeopathic medicines require a lot of determination and patience to obtain the best result, you can not depend on them for rapid, effective relief of symptoms. The biggest challenge is a patient who is not responding effectively to homeopathic medicines. It is sometimes assumed that either the medicines given are not correct or the problem is not diagnosed properly. A patient feels stuck in this situation where the medicines are not affecting and he or she is doing a watchful waiting.
The piles may get severe if not left untreated or not treated properly. It may result in infection and grow in number. To get the most advanced treatment, get laser surgery for piles. It is a daycare procedure where the doctor performs the surgery and the patient is relieved after a few hours of the surgery.
Laser surgery for hemorrhoids is a painless procedure. Nowadays, this is the most preferred treatment for piles as a patient can resume his normal routine within two days. Pristyn Care provides the best laser treatment for piles.
The advantages of laser surgery over homeopathy are:
- Laser surgery will not take long and you will be able to get back to your normal routine within 3-4 days. Homeopathy takes longer.
- For some piles patients, homeopathy may not be effective, surgery can cure all piles symptoms and the problem.
- There are chances of recurrence in homeopathy while the chances of recurrence in laser surgery are negligible.
Some healthy habits that you can practice to cure pile
- Avoid junk oily, spicy food
- Add more fruits and vegetables to your diet.
- Do not skip meals
- Drink a lot of water
- Exercise regularly
- Avoid smoking and alcohol
- Maintain a healthy weight
These are the healthy practices that may not necessarily cure piles but will provide relief from pain and itching. To know more about laser surgery and piles treatment contact expert at Pristyn Care.
Also Read: Ayurvedic Medicine for Piles at Patanjali
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can piles lead to cancer?
No. Piles or swollen hemorrhoids do not lead to anal cancer even if the symptoms of both the conditions are similar.
- Is laser treatment for piles painful?
No. The laser treatment for piles is absolutely pain-free as it is performed under the influence of anesthesia. The recovery is fast and painless. The person can resume work within 48 hours.
- What are the complications of piles?
Some of the complications of piles are-
-Anemia due to plenty of blood loss