Many people recommend patients with kidney stones to use Apple Cider Vinegar to naturally dissolve kidney stones. Apple Cider Vinegar has citric acid which is thought to soften, break and dissolve kidney stones. Apple Cider Vinegar can also help in reducing the size of the kidney stones so that the patient can easily pass them in the urine.
Apple Cider Vinegar is also known as an “alkalizing agent” for the blood and urine. It is also considered helpful for naturally increasing stomach acids, which can help prevent the formation of new stones and also improve digestion. Apple Cider Vinegar can also help get relief from pain and inflammation caused by kidney stones. It helps remove the toxins and excess minerals from the body that can lead to kidney stones and also has a cleansing effect on the kidneys and liver.
Kidney Stone Formation
Kidney stones are primarily made of calcium oxalate crystals, which are normally present in urine. Kidney stones develop when the person’s urine is highly concentrated. Kidney stones have several symptoms including severe pain, nausea, vomiting, and blood in the urine.
Effects of Apple Cider Vinegar
Regular intake of apple cider vinegar can make the person’s urine less acidic. This decreases the chances of developing kidney stones. However, drinking apple cider vinegar does not always dissolve the already developed kidney stones.
Patients with kidney stones are advised to consume diluted Apple Cider Vinegar because if consumed undiluted, it can burn your throat and can also be harmful to the teeth. The patients are also advised to properly gargle immediately after consuming it.
There are several ways to drink apple cider vinegar. To create a powerful apple cider vinegar remedy for kidney stones, take a cup and add and mix the following ingredients-
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
You can also add raw honey to enhance the flavor. Adding lemon can also be beneficial for the body in several other ways.
Regular intake of this apple cider vinegar mixture can increase lubrication, which can help pass small stones.
How does Apple Cider Vinegar helps in Treating Kidney Stones?
- Dissolves and Reduces – Due to the acidic nature of apple cider vinegar, they can help in breaking down and reducing the size of kidney stones. After the size of the stones is reduced, they can easily pass with urine.
- Natural Cleanser – Apple cider vinegar can act as a natural cleanser and flush out the toxins from the body, which can prevent the formation of stones. (Also Read: Ayurvedic Treatment for Kidney Stone)
- Breaks Down Stone Forming Tissues – Apple Cider Vinegar comprises phosphoric acid, acetic acid and citric acid which are very helpful in breaking down hard tissues.
- Better Digestion – Apple Cider Vinegar has an alkalizing effect which aids in better digestion. Regular intake of apple cider vinegar also triggers the production of hydrochloric acid in the body, which prevents the formation of new stones.
- Relief from pain – Apple Cider Vinegar can readily reduce the discomfort and pain caused due to kidney stones.
It is essential to get a consultation from a doctor before starting to have Apple Cider Vinegar to treat kidney stones. Some patients may not get relief from their symptoms even after regular consumption of apple cider vinegar. In such cases, if no signs of improvement are observed, it is advised to seek immediate medical help to avoid any complications. Get an appointment with doctors at Pristyn Care in just one click!