If you are suffering from Piles or Hemorrhoids, there is no need to panic. A doctor or dietitian recommends high-fiber diet fr hemorrhoids sufferers. Eating fiber-rich food can make stools softer & easier to pass, and may help further in treatment and prevention of hemorrhoids.
Regularly drinking water and other liquids, such as fruit juices and clear soups, can help the fiber in your diet work better.
Hemorrhoids often occur to people who already have issues with constipation or straining, pregnant women, women who have just given birth, and people with obesity, or have a family history of the condition or older people. There are changes to your lifestyle that can help you avoid them, and a certain type of food may help reduce their severity.
What should I eat if I have hemorrhoids?
The Dietary Guidelines recommend a dietary fiber intake of 14 grams per 1,000 calories consumed in the diet for hemorrhoid sufferers. The type of food that you should eat to relieve symptoms of piles:
- Grains: High-fiber bran, ready-to-eat cereal, shredded wheat & mall oat bran muffin
- Fruits: Pear, raspberries, and prunes
- Vegetables: Collards, winter squash, and beans
- Fiber-Rich Food:
- Peas, Apples, Citrus Fruits, Carrots, Barley and Psyllium: high in Soluble Fiber
- Nuts and Vegetables such as Cauliflower, Green Beans and Potatoes: high in Insoluble Fiber
What should I avoid eating if I have hemorrhoids?
In piles or hemorrhoids, try not to eat food with low or no fiber content, such as:
- Ice cream
- Fast Food
- Prepared food such as frozen and snack food
- Processed food such as hot dogs
Also Read: Does Alcohol effect Hemorrhoids?
What are the benefits of a fiber-rich diet?
The advantages of taking high fiber diet and lots of liquids are as follows:
- Reduced risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease, type 2 diabetes, stroke and cancer
- Reduced cholesterol levels
- Promote the rapid increase in the number of healthy gut bacteria
- Promote bowel movements normally
- Helps in achieving a healthy weight
Can piles be cured permanently?
If the problem has gotten serious or symptoms are persisting after home care remedies, you can try advanced surgical laser treatment for hemorrhoids.
Laser treatment for hemorrhoids is a permanent solution, post-treatment, you’re not likely to suffer from the problem ever again. Laser treatment for piles is a non-surgical treatment which means it would not involve cuts, wounds or pain. The most interesting part of the treatment is that it has to be done only once against surgical options which have to be done at least 3-4 times for expected results.
That’s not all, there’s a high chance of infection in surgical treatments and it can extend to around 2 months. Whereas, laser treatment for hemorrhoids is completely painless. You don’t have to take rest in case you don’t want to, you can resume your daily routine from the next day.
Food for Piles- A quick review!
Ensuring practice of a healthy diet is a must in case of hemorrhoids. It’s a widely known fact that people who have irregular bowel movements are more susceptible to hemorrhoids. Apart from high-fiber food, you should add moderate amounts of high-quality, grass-fed protein and healthy fats in your diet. If all fails, laser treatment is there is rescue you from your worst nightmare.